109 members have voted

1. 1. Main character of KOTOR 3?

• Jedi Exile
    • Revan
    • Somebody else (explain?)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I seriously doubt the True Sith are as powerful as people make them out to be since quite frankly If they were then why didn't they attack during the time when the Republic started to fall apart after K1?

Then again it's obvious Obsidian didn't think this through since the True Sith are probably nothing more than a plot device.

According to Kreia, the True Sith had forgotten about Korriban and Malachor V, for a time. However, she claims they will soon remember.

And how do the true sith(as a concept) really even factor into the plot of TSL? They aren't even mentioned until you question Kreia right before the closing cutscene.

Also, I just played through the endgame of TSL a few minutes ago and a line struck me, something like: "Revan will need warriors, Jedi and Sith..." Almost gives hope to my "Redeemed True Sith Apprentice" idea for a K3 main character. Almost.

I think that a new character would better gamewise. It would even be better if your character WAS Force Sensitive but some sort of prophecy stated that if he/she used the Force horrible things would happen or whatever, and every time you used the Force through out the game, you would have to deal with it's consequences. So you'd have a great enemy (The True Sith for example) a great weapon or tool (The Force) and you would have to do things the hard way or you risk doing more evil than good.

I'm too lazy to read other peoples responses, so I'll just say what I voted for:

Jedi Exile - I liked my character, and I think it'd be cool if you could transfer your save game type things. So, at least the game conforms to your general idea of what you want, more specific. I want some sort of recurring character.

id be a different guy for a new character . someone like a scholar or something , in a time period in the distant future to find the remains of ancient jedi/sith lord revan. your character will venture into the unknown regions. in the end you will have to fight the evil revan went to defeat. and once you kill it its spirit will fly into you and you will have the choice to reject it or embrace it. kinda like the end of Fable.

I remember my first thread on these forums. I called it ''Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?''. Voted for Revan, of course, just like I did here. He's the only one fit to finish the current KoTOR storyline. After that, in some possible KoTOR 4, the main character could be anyone.

Ah, the good old days...

• 1 month later...

A Wookiee will be nice. :D

Just kidding.

Well... in KoTOR I we've start as Revan, who is canonically male. And in KoTOR II: TSL, we've start as Jedi Exile, who is canonically female. So in KoTOR III, I think we should start as a droid, who is canonically should be genderless. :D

Maybe we can be HK-47, or T3-M4. Or another droids. :p And if possible, then became a Jedi. I think a real Jedi Droid (not "Jedi Droid" on Dantooine) will be a good idea. :D

Well, that's just me.

I remember my first thread on these forums. I called it ''Who do you want to play as in KoTOR 3?''. Voted for Revan, of course, just like I did here. He's the only one fit to finish the current KoTOR storyline. After that, in some possible KoTOR 4, the main character could be anyone.

If (canonical) Revan become KoTOR 3 PC, I won't play it. And I don't belive many DS will... You done such evils in KoTOR to play as your opposite...

Neither will play with canonical Exile.

They should have it where you can choose if Revan was light or dark side, as well as the Jedi Exile. The gender will also be something you can choose for them.

If you don't have this, people will be annoyed. I know you can have these options and still be able to keep the plot in kotor3 from going to wide. You just have to decide what happen to Revan and Exile.

As far as I know the canonical Revan is a Light Sided male, so I'm not sure what evils are you talking about.

That's right. I done such evils in KoTOR, but some guys decided that he must be good.

They should have it where you can choose if Revan was light or dark side, as well as the Jedi Exile. The gender will also be something you can choose for them.

Problem with Revan/Exile as PC in KoTOR 3 is that they can't be neutral (well, they can, they always could have brainwashing that made them neutral, but I don't think anybody would like that). And what now - you play as canonical player - then all DS players will get mad. You let them choose - Revan and Exile actions had much impact on universe (Telos restoration, Dantooine goverment, Onderon goverment, Mannan kolto distribution, Kashyyyk situation), but since that all would happened far, far away from place where would KoTOR 3 happened, makers can don't give a fu... flower about that, so more mystery will be left for players who don't read comics and books - but they are written as canon, so DS players would have no fun.

At least TSL was cut out, so no problems with deciding if Atton killed Disciple, Atton was killed by Sion, Handmaiden killed Visas, Visas gave her life in battle with Nihilus :).

Two amin Characters- you coustomize both Revan and the Exile the way you had them when you played the first two games. Besides, if there was a new level-up concept, suhc as no levels but instead having zero levels, you could gain experience, and each time you gain enough experience you could ue it to get more pwoers and skills and feats and such. that would solve the 'Revan and Exile back at level one problem'.

Besides- whow ouldn't want to start out with Revan and the exile and totally maul entire armies?

Two amin Characters- you coustomize both Revan and the Exile the way you had them when you played the first two games. Besides, if there was a new level-up concept, suhc as no levels but instead having zero levels, you could gain experience, and each time you gain enough experience you could ue it to get more pwoers and skills and feats and such. that would solve the 'Revan and Exile back at level one problem'.

Besides- whow ouldn't want to start out with Revan and the exile and totally maul entire armies?

Read the entire thread many people do not want to. Also what you are proposing to do with the level up systems would change entire game system nad many people wouldnt like that either.

It doesn't matter to me. The best thing would be if you could choose if you want to play as Revan or the Exile, or just want a new character, although I think that's impossible. But I suspect it'll be a new character. Why not a third very powerful Jedi? Then we can have a Jedi Triumvirate. :p

anyway, I don't think we should have Revan or the Exile as party members. Don't know how you'd solve the VO problem. Though if they'd record 20 voices for each to choose from, I'd be all for it. But again, that's nearly impossible.

I will be happy with whatever they give us. I'm sure it will be a mixed group. You will have some humans, driods, and a potential Jedi. I just hope they don't give us another Jedi Master. I like the setup BioWare gave us in KotOR I. Regardless, I just hope it will be a fun and comprehensive game, and I hope it will stay true to Star Wars.

Huh? why not? if not that, at least have Revan and th Exile among your crew, customizable to the way you had them in last two games so they are canon in the way you wanted them to be when you paly the game.

So you customize three characters at the start- Your new main character, Revan, and the Exile. I bet bioware or whoever is making K3 will come up with a way to blanace this all out in a way that everyone with like the way it's set up.

Archived