Main character?

ame

Main character of KOTOR 3?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Main character of KOTOR 3?

• Jedi Exile
    • Revan
    • Somebody else (explain?)

I would rather not have either Revan or the Exile ever be the main character again, and I've always been against totally customizing them at the beginning. Whoever develops K3 has to take into account the people who have never played KotOR I or II and are just starting out fresh. They wouldn't know the first thing about who Revan or the Exile were or what they were like.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same as my idea. :D

In KoTOR III the main character should be genderless. A droid. A Jedi Droid. :p

[Warning, joke (but who knows)]

Official LA Announcement: Due to lack of sexes we make main PC for KoTOR 3 a Droid. Due to popularity of HK-47 he will be main hero. Game will change into FPP RPG (like Deus Ex). Thank you for your patience to hear Announcement.

[/Warning, joke (but who knows)]

[Warning, joke (but who knows)]

Official LA Announcement: Due to lack of sexes we make main PC for KoTOR 3 a Droid. Due to popularity of HK-47 he will be main hero. Game will change into FPP RPG (like Deus Ex). Thank you for your patience to hear Announcement.

[/Warning, joke (but who knows)]

Haha. :D

Thus the main character will be canonically evil.

It's only will be a light side if someone install the pacifist module on him. :p

Question. How do you expect a droid to use the force? It's not a living thing, therefore it can't be Force Sensitive, therefore it can't be a Jedi. It can wield a lightsaber, though.

"...you can just think of him as any other non-Jedi in the little group - with a light saber." :D

There's also some "Jedi Droid" on Dantooine in KoTOR I. :p

Just joking...

Well, if the main character should be a droid, yes, it will lack of Force powers... but at last I think we can finally see a real Jedi Droid (not like one in Dantooine) wielding a lightsaber besides Grievous. And as a main character. :D

Yep... thought so. What makes a 'real' Star Wars is the Force powers, though. :p

On another note, Grievous is an alien in a mechanical body, so he's not exactly a droid.
Hmm... it reminds me something... his real form is an alien, so technically he is a 'meatbag' -- if HK would say. But why Dooku doesn't teach him to use the Force? It is because his body is mechanical?

IWhoever develops K3 has to take into account the people who have never played KotOR I or II and are just starting out fresh. They wouldn't know the first thing about who Revan or the Exile were or what they were like.

They did that with K2, yes. But you'd expect most people who'd buy K3 already played the previous two. If it continues the story of Revan in the Unknown Regions, then it's difficult to make K3 a game with a fresh start, without any references to K1 & K2.

Haha. :D

Thus the main character will be canonically evil.

It's only will be a light side if someone install the pacifist module on him. :p

If you read mine previous posts, you can guess I wouldn't have much problem with canonical evil character.

And I think I even could play as HK-47 with pacifist module. Those fight you would have :). You propably would have to fight like Vincenzo Cortino in Godfather parody called "Mafia!". Or you would have that joke from Monty Python which let Allies win World War by killing all Germans with laugh.

What makes a 'real' Star Wars is the Force powers, though. :p

Oh, come on. We all seen that Force always leave you when needed most. Like when Really Bad Witch tried to bring her lightsaber to defend herself from Sion (that movie when she talked about her past).

I think that might be better for a party member, since the players want their own character to be able to use all those fancy Jedi powers. :)

To tell truth, if I could play as HK-47, I would don't give a d*** about Jedi Powers. In game, when I seen enemy I usually pressed number 1 few times and went further. I only usually pressed 4 to get fast running...

Only minus of HK-47 is that I wouldn't get that cool zombie-look.

They did that with K2, yes. But you'd expect most people who'd buy K3 already played the previous two. If it continues the story of Revan in the Unknown Regions, then it's difficult to make K3 a game with a fresh start, without any references to K1 & K2.

And if K3 will be last one about Revan story, then probably, after some time, all KotORs will be packed into TotOR (Trilogy of the Old Republic). And K3 without references to K1 and K2 won't really fit it.

Ps.: If K3 won't be last, we can expect SotOR (Saga of ...)

I want Revan & Exile as either recruitable NPCs or individuals you work with, but are not in their party, like the Manaan Diplomat in K1, Zuka from the Mandalorian camp or the hidden Jedi masters in K2, but I don't want either of them to be the PC. I wouldnt be upset by an option to choose their appearance instead of or in addition to the main PC, but I don't want either of them to be the PC.

I want them important to the story, but I don't want them as the main point of view character overall. I think the games have started a tradition with each game having a new main pc/hero, and K3 should stick to the formula at least to this degree.

I'd especially like either one of two options for the main PC.

1) Zayne Carrick - the hero/anti-hero in the ongoing KOTOR comic book series

2) An as yet unnamed member of the sith race who looks at what whatever Dark Lord of the Sith in K3 is doing and chooses to get involved in the galaxy's plight at least in part because he/she feels that the Sith Lord is giving his /her people a bad name.

Archived