Home

Some of the more major issues of OJP

The saber throw idea is real good, doing the same damage as a normal swing is realistic. i hate it when i throw a light saber and it does a almost no damage as if the saber suddenly becomes weak when you throw it. Yer so make saber throw do the damage of a normal swing but make it so its easily blocked if the opponent has a light saber, also increase the speed of the throw and decreasing the range of throw to balance it.... as it will move faster now the saber throw is a good "surprise" attack in a certain situation. So its useless in light saber to light saber combat unless the opponent turns there back or gets disarmed.

The increased speed and damage of the light saber throw will also make it good in a jedi to gunner situations because its stupid throwing a saber against a gunner which leaves you wide open and even when the saber hits them they dont die but you get fired to death.

In this way its more realistic and people will actually use saber throw now. (nobody has used when i played)

i don't like the idea of run speed changes as the games oready quite slow paced, and most of the time your better of walking anyways..... sounds a bit crappy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gunner part of the argument, that gun battles need to be slow in order to be effective, that's the point you were trying to make, and that's what I disagree on.

My reasons for this are very very obvious, and if you want to know them I suggest you get your ass on hamachi and play with my crew.

so your saying is that even though you loose mishap twice as fast while running and shooting people still run with guns and are effective??

but even if we lower the running and walking speed gunners and jedi's will both move slower so there isn't any difference. i was saying that we shouldnt modify the running or walking speed becasue the pace of game is good

hmmmm wait a sec...

after looking at things for a while i can see that there are some balancing issues.. force jumps are oready quite high i dont think we need them any higher. slower movement speed means gunners have advantages cause if you are seen at a distance your screwed... especially since theres no partial dodge against sniper... and e-11 blasters are faster shot now light saberists get a big kick in the groin..

and more fall damage and higher force jumps means that everyone will be getting jet packs and force jumps ... so i reckon that OJP enhanced will have balancing issues if theses changes are put in. Making snipers and jet pack users to good....

forget what I said.. these changes are bad :( i thought they where good at first cause it seemed realistic but after testing I see it causes balancing issues.

hmmmm wait a sec...

after looking at things for a while i can see that there are some balancing issues.. force jumps are oready quite high i dont think we need them any higher. slower movement speed means gunners have advantages cause if you are seen at a distance your screwed... especially since theres no partial dodge against sniper... and e-11 blasters are faster shot now light saberists get a big kick in the groin..

Partial dodging is not regular dodging. Partial dodging is when you don't have 30 dp to do a full dodge, but you dodge and take a little HP damage too. A fully charged sniper shot instakills anyway, and if you have a saber you can deflect it, otherwise, you can still dodge it.

and more fall damage and higher force jumps means that everyone will be getting jet packs and force jumps ... so i reckon that OJP enhanced will have balancing issues if theses changes are put in. Making snipers and jet pack users to good....

I don't see the logic there? Increasing how high you can jump will make everyone buy jump? Everyone ALREADY buys one or the other. Jump's height is higher so it can compete with the jetpack's height, jetpack now costs 8 points instead of 4, if anything, this is more balanced.

The e-11 and bowcaster are faster, but have 2 DP damage instead of 5, as well as lower health damage to compensate for the almost doubled rate of fire. We'll probably have to put it up to 3 though.

Ok then.. i agree with your "increase rate of fire" idea. I don't think force jump needs a boost.... its seems fine. Jet pack needs 8 skill points instead of 4 which your right about. I dont think that movement speed should be lowered so because you said nothing about that then i guess you agree with me. Also i don't see any point in removing partial dodge but you obviously do so explain it.

I'm not sure why you think everyone buys jetpack or force jump... you don't have any evidents of that so you can't state that. If so then the increased jet pack cost will balance it.

you didnt say anything about the increased fall damage so i guess you agree then it will unbalance things... it will make jet pack users and force jump users to good and will unbalance things.

so far the only things I agree with is increasing jet pack cost and the increase rate of fire of E-11 and bowcaster in return for lower damage.

Ok then.. i agree with your "increase rate of fire" idea. I don't think force jump needs a boost.... its seems fine. Jet pack needs 8 skill points instead of 4 which your right about. I dont think that movement speed should be lowered so because you said nothing about that then i guess you agree with me. Also i don't see any point in removing partial dodge but you obviously do so explain it.

Slowed movement speed is a server specific option currently that slows down the pace of the game just for a tiny bit in return for more tactical and strategic combat, it also gives gunners more time to think when shooting jedi, and is far more realistic than what it was before.

Removing partial dodge came to mind because of complaints about it. If you can't dodge and do not have 30 dp or more you shouldn't be able to dodge. A lightsaber hitting you is a lightsaber hitting you regardless of where. Obi wan's shoulder and arm got SCATHED just a little bit and he was out of the game.

I'm not sure why you think everyone buys jetpack or force jump... you don't have any evidents of that so you can't state that. If so then the increased jet pack cost will balance it.

Yes I do have evidence; my own personal experience. Also common sense is on my side here, no need to go further into discussion about this.

you didnt say anything about the increased fall damage so i guess you agree then it will unbalance things... it will make jet pack users and force jump users to good and will unbalance things.

Increased fall damage because you could jump off of skyscrapers and suffer minor damage. It also deterred people from using Force Fall, which is silly and ironic. How will more fall damage make jetpack users too good? So non-jetpack users that jump off of buildings willingly are supposed to be good? You make no sense.

so far the only things I agree with is increasing jet pack cost and the increase rate of fire of E-11 and bowcaster in return for lower damage.

You need to play this game more mah man.

The increased fall damage will make jet pack users and force jump users to good so the increased fall damage will make them even more popular which in itself is a very bad idea.

(but i do agree it is realistic)

I only agree to the fall damage thing if we put force fall as a separate skill to force jump or make force jump more expensive. (also making jetpack more expensive will also make this more balanced)

Now that i know what partial dodge is ... good idea.

Good that you think the speed of movement shouldn't be changed (thats what really scared me)

The increased fall damage will make jet pack users and force jump users to good so the increased fall damage will make them even more popular which in itself is a very bad idea.

(but i do agree it is realistic)

I only agree to the fall damage thing if we put force fall as a seperate skill to force jump or make force jump more expensive.

Now that i know what partial dodge is ... good idea.

Good that you think the speed of movement shouldn't be changed (thats what really scared me)

Jetpack and jump users are already popular. The two skills are the most basic of basics and no jedi/gunner will be found without them.

Why do you want jump more expensive or force fall a different skill?

I want the movement speed changed.

Archived