Home

Which console will you get Force Unleashed on?

Which console will you get Force Unleashed for?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Which console will you get Force Unleashed for?

• Xbox 360
    • Playstation 3
    • Playstation 2
    • Nintendo DS
    • Sony PSP
    • Nintendo Wii

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess I will Be buying that Cheaty Control box so I can CORRECTLY use my keyboard and mouse for my 360. The Only TRUE way for an fps type is keyboard/mouse.

Oh, Oh, yes it sucks that they are not doing it for PC. Hopefully they will port it in the near future, or its ps2 emulator for me.

PSP won't be bad either. I mean by then I should be tired of Monster Hunter2.

Thing is, I am sure that most PC gamers have specs that would rifle a PS2 and such. I mean, any pc capable of semi-decent gaming would be able to rival a ps2 now.

Is it true that the xbox 360 has many defects?? I own one but nothing has happened, just in case I'm gonna buy an Elite. So it has to come out on the Xbox, but probably it will also come out for the PS3, due to the graphics.

There's the infamous ring of death. Red lights in a circle around the power button basically mean that your Xbox is broken forever. You CAN get it fixed, however, but it's just an annoying hassle. Microsoft doesn't have stellar customer support, but you can get it fixed. It shouldn't have this flaw in the first place, but it does happen to some Xbox, and there's not much you can do about it. No one knows for sure what the failure rate actually is. Despite it all, though, I think the 360 is still the best choice.

First of all, I won't be getting this game period, until LucasArts start discussing how they're going to implement lightsaber combat, with the Euphoria A.I.

What do you mean? They've stated that saber combat is not going to be ignored, even though the game focuses on force powers. And as it relates to euphoria, well, what exactly do you want? There's not much a stormtrooper can do against a lightsaber anyways. I just don't see what your concern is.

I guess I will Be buying that Cheaty Control box so I can CORRECTLY use my keyboard and mouse for my 360. The Only TRUE way for an fps type is keyboard/mouse.

That's nice, and I totally agree that mouse.keyboard is far and away superior to a gamepad for fps, but TFU isn't an FPS. Granted, Jedi Academy works great on PC, too, but the 3rd person setup doesn't demand mouse+keyboard like fps do, I think.

Is it true that the xbox 360 has many defects?? I own one but nothing has happened, just in case I'm gonna buy an Elite. So it has to come out on the Xbox, but probably it will also come out for the PS3, due to the graphics.

You must be thinking of the original Xbox, Micro$oft released the 360 because of the original Xbox's defects.

The Xbox 360 still has many problems as well. Of course, The Red Ring of Death and overheating are some problems that occur. The Xbox 360 Elite (which I own) still has the problems that the other 360s have. The difference is that it has more memory, an HDMI port and cable and a different colour, which didn't resolve any of the problems.

You must be thinking of the original Xbox, Micro$oft released the 360 because of the original Xbox's defects.

Nope, M$ is good at making buggy systems. But yeah this is my order:

PC(no luck yet) > Wii(no luck) > 360

Ps2 is not worth it, and to hell with ps3.

As for handheld, it would be PSP > NDS for this game, unless some nice features is made for NDS. Better graphics.

why is the ds, ps2, and psp on the poll? if u go to the official website they say that The Force Unleashed will be using new types of graphics that are only capable on the latest systems. aka xbox 360 and ps3 which are just about the only consoles in existence that have the processing capabilities to handle it.

I don't know for sure how they're gonna do it but I'm guessing they're making a dumbed down version for those consoles. But it is definitely coming out for those 3 systems. LucasArts isn't developing those versions, a different dev is.

What do you mean? They've stated that saber combat is not going to be ignored, even though the game focuses on force powers.

Well, can you refer me to this statement, because I haven't seen nothing, of the sort.

It's always been Force powers this and Force powers that. :)

And as it relates to euphoria, well, what exactly do you want? There's not much a stormtrooper can do against a lightsaber anyways. I just don't see what your concern is.

Well, I was refering to Jedi/Sith lightsaber combat, implemented with the

Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I.: the A.I. uses the environment to it's advantage, like grappling on ledges if you try to Force Push your opponent off a platform, they intuitively grab onto enviromental objects in there reach.

The A.I. become adaptive to the surrounding environment and to the combat situtation at the same time.

Or, if you kick your opponent and they are close to falling of a platform, they

intuitively grab onto pipes or handle bars to regain their balance.

I also, want to see a new and revolutionary lightsaber combat system, that will somehow merge Ep III: ROTS the game realistic fluid lightsaber combat with Jedi Knight Academy's, lightsaber parries, saber locks, deflections and also JKA complex acrobatic, maneuvers.

That will be enhance by the Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I and with the Euphoria A.I simulating human motor and nervous system funtion, that will make Jedi/Sith combat more fluid and more realistic looking; look more like the combat in the prequel movies. :lsduel:

Im very interested in this game. I have a Playstation 2 but I agree with many of you that it will be inferior to the next gen versions... perhaps even completley different. An example of this is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon which was praised as a excellent game on next gen systems like the Xbox 360 or PS3 but was horribly implemented on the PS2 (believe me I played it... booooring and low key graphics).

Im still debating what new console I would get. Even though the PS3 has gone down in price it is still costly and is butt ugly to be honest. I really want to get the Nintendo Wii but Nintendo is not usually aimed at my gaming niche', but we shall see with more releases. Besides this game is probably not coming out for the Wii despite said rumors. I will believe it when it's offical. And the Xbox 360 is plagued with bugs and problems so it's out of the question.

So my answer would probably be the PS3 as it stands though I probably will not buy that system.

Im very interested in this game. I have a Playstation 2 but I agree with many of you that it will be inferior to the next gen versions... perhaps even completley different. An example of this is Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon which was praised as a excellent game on next gen systems like the Xbox 360 or PS3 but was horribly implemented on the PS2 (believe me I played it... booooring and low key graphics).

Im still debating what new console I would get. Even though the PS3 has gone down in price it is still costly and is butt ugly to be honest. I really want to get the Nintendo Wii but Nintendo is not usually aimed at my gaming niche', but we shall see with more releases. Besides this game is probably not coming out for the Wii despite said rumors. I will believe it when it's offical. And the Xbox 360 is plagued with bugs and problems so it's out of the question.

So my answer would probably be the PS3 as it stands though I probably will not buy that system.

The 360 is definitely not plagued with bugs and problems. The only thing wrong with it is the red light of doom problem. That's a bad one, to be sure. It bricks the system, and you have to send it away to get it fixed (free if you're still under warranty). The actual failure rates are a closely guarded secret, no one knows for sure just how many systems it happens to, but it hasn't happened to mine.

That one big problem aside, there's nothing wrong with the system at all. No other bugs or different hardware failures to worry about. It's up to you to decide if the advantages of the 360 over the PS3 are worth the possibility of having to deal with customer service and lose the system for two weeks. I think they are, completely and totally.

But to say that it is "plagued with bugs and problems" is not true, plain and simple. So do reconsider.

Ok, even though I do not like Micro$oft, I would have to say 360>PS3. It is actually a better system, with so-far much better titles, and with a reasonable stability. Well, at least the 360 I play with does not halt up or have the GSoD for as long as I have played. And yes PS3 does halt up once in a while also.

Well, can you refer me to this statement, because I haven't seen nothing, of the sort.

It's always been Force powers this and Force powers that. :)

Well, I was refering to Jedi/Sith lightsaber combat, implemented with the

Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I.: the A.I. uses the environment to it's advantage, like grappling on ledges if you try to Force Push your opponent off a platform, they intuitively grab onto enviromental objects in there reach.

The A.I. become adaptive to the surrounding environment and to the combat situtation at the same time.

Or, if you kick your opponent and they are close to falling of a platform, they

intuitively grab onto pipes or handle bars to regain their balance.

I also, want to see a new and revolutionary lightsaber combat system, that will somehow merge Ep III: ROTS the game realistic fluid lightsaber combat with Jedi Knight Academy's, lightsaber parries, saber locks, deflections and also JKA complex acrobatic, maneuvers.

That will be enhance by the Euphoria A.I. environmental awareness A.I and with the Euphoria A.I simulating human motor and nervous system funtion, that will make Jedi/Sith combat more fluid and more realistic looking; look more like the combat in the prequel movies. :lsduel:

I kind of glazed over this post last time I read the thread. I was at Celebration IV and went to the TFU panel, and there they did mention that they would not neglect lightsaber combat. I don't have any written proof of that, it was a live event. (I tried the Star Wars Blog, they have a transcript of most of it, but I think this comment was part of the audience Q+A, which isn't on there).

That's what I'm basing my idea that it will be fine on. That, and it's a big new Star Wars Jedi game that they're putting a lot of effort into. I just don't seen how they could possibly drop the ball on lightsaber combat.

I wouldn't expect anything "revolutionary" though. They haven't said much at all, and none of it indicates an exceptional saber combat system, not like you're talking about.

I agree that your ideas about saber combat would be cool, but I don't think it's really necessary for that to be in the Force Unleashed. Because no matter what they do end up doing with saber combat, the game is about the Force. Hopefully they'll release another game that really does do some great saber fighting, maybe a new Jedi Knight game, but I don't think they need to do that in this game. It'd be cool, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived