Home

Fallout 3

Sabretooth

Very nice. I like to sneak and followers don't seem to be real good at it, forcing firefights when I could avoid them if I was on my own. Hence I'm not so big on followers. Out of curiosity what kind of weapons do you equip Star Paladin Cross with?

I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to complete this game. I've got over 150 hours invested thus far in my first play through and still haven't made it to Tenpenney Towers though I do know where the towers are at least. I think I hit the level cap around the 120 hours mark. This being my first Bethesda game I didn't know what to expect but it's incredible to me, the sheer amount of content and scale in this game. As an explorer type who likes to experience all the content a game can offer this game suits me quite well.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross has a ton of stuff...that I think she mostly picked up on her own...but her weapon of choice is a super sledge so she can get in my line of fire sometimes, but I'd rather have her with me than not. I think in her inventory right now she's got a minigun, combat shotgun, laser pistol, laser rifle, and a few other things that I don't remember.

I love the exploration part too...I made sure to hit all the DC momuments like the White House, Capitol Building and Lincoln Memorial. I've done the Tenpenny Tower quest and I've been working my way through the other sidequests. They just released the first DLC for the Xbox 360 but I don't have it yet, and there's more to come that I can't wait to see.

So anybody played the new Fallout 3 DLC, Operation Anchorage? I just read an article over on bit-tech where the reviewer wasn't able to get Games for Windows Live working well enough to download to his PC and thus couldn't do his review. It should be needless to say that the article does not cast GfW in a favorable light and so I was wondering if anybody else had tried this out. I don't plan on getting any DLC until I finish my first playthrough, whenever that happens.

I'd say it's absolutely worth it. The T-51b winterized power armor and Gauss Rifle alone make it worth it especially since the armor doesn't seem to take any durability loss...at least on the 360 anyway.

Plus it is a nice little break from the super mutants and talon company mercs and what not.

I think they've done a fabulous job with this game despite any complaints that it's "too much like Oblivion."

• 1 month later...

So anyone who's played through The Pitt...what are your impressions of the DLC? I thought it was too short personally...but it was a nice addition for the sake of the lore and a couple of nice weapons as well. I'm really looking forward to Broken Steel and the level cap increase that it will bring.

• 3 weeks later...

Broken Steel DLC coming May 5 - Kotaku

Some of the features Broken Steel will have are:

- level cap increased to 30

- 4-5 hours of new gameplay

- new perks, one of which will be an ability to revive Dogmeat and another called Nerves of Steel which will increase your action points.

- new and tougher Enclave, Mutant, and Ghoul enemies

- some new areas and updates to existing areas

Sounds like the main quest will be to help the Brotherhood of Steel fight the Enclave.

- new perks, one of which will be an ability to revive Dogmeat

Sold. I'm buying it as soon as I can. :D

Doesn't take too much to convince me, as I'm having a blast playing FO3 and it's DLC's ... but that perk alone I'd pay top dollar for :lol:

I swear I'm such a wuss when it comes to Dogmeat. If there's any a "hint" of the situation being too tough.. I'll send him away.

"Broken steel doesn't have an ending," he said. "There are no more endings, we got the message."
Glad they listened. ;)

Archived