Home

Fallout 3

Sabretooth

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm even worse, Dogmeat is a house dog with me. :xp:

I'm tempted ;)

I just like the whole "Mad Max" thing with me carrying my (combat) shotgun around and the dog trailing behind :lol: Maybe I'll keep him at home and just take him out for walks and the occasional mole rat flushing around Megaton :D

Cz mod your Dogmeat into superdog!

Can't.. I'm playing it on the 'evil' Xbox 360 ;)

I'm extremely looking forward to Broken Steel.I've played through the game and i know ALOT of people disagree with me but i actually thought the ending was okay in Fallout 3.I mean it's like in some other cases where some guy saves a huge number of people then its done kind of scenario.It's a bit more different which makes it stand out to me.Personally i thought oblivion was a great game but had some flaws and fallout 3 was a great game that had some flaws,but both were so great playing it was hard to not like game.Then people have their opinions.I didn't really think the F3 ending was great but i'm glad bethesda has a great respect for their game to totally change the ending and try to make it as good as possible.I'm also glad that Bethesda announced that they are publishing a new fallout game called Fallout:New vegas.It is officially being developed by Obsidian the remnants of the people that made the original Fallout games.

I was fine with Fallout 3's original ending as well. I think the problem is that the regular Bethesda fan base (of which I don't consider myself a part of since FO3 is the first Bethesda game I've played) had developed an expectation that Bethesda produces open ended games. I am quite interested in seeing how Broken Steel alters the original ending.

I'm even worse, Dogmeat is a house dog with me. :xp:
Yeah, pretty much the same. I don't want to risk losing Dogmeat. And since I'm playing a stealth character and Dogmeat can't go into stealth mode he really doesn't serve much purpose right now since he's too weak to serve as a tank. :D I was also disappointed that I could not successfully use Dogmeat to locate the Firelance at the random encounter point where the alien spacecraft blew up in my current game. I found almost all the ammo but couldn't find where the Firelance had dropped though Dogmeat would always point in a specific direction when I directed him to find weapons for me.

Dogmeat is a bit of a liability isn't he? Ah well...Charon pretty much takes care of my light work anyway :)

I didn't have too much of a problem with the original ending either, but I am glad that they are altering it because I know I haven't been to every little nook and cranny of the game world and being able to continue play beyond the end will be nice so I can finish exploring :)

Speaking of Firelance...I have yet to be able to make that random encounter happen dammit :)

Either I suck at this game or...I just plain suck.

I can't even find Galaxy News Radio--keep getting gunned down by Raiders and Super Mutants while I'm trying to navigate my way around piles of rubble and "red herring" non-enterable buildings that aren't IT! !$%^^%W$%#$ *sorry, but Fallout 3 has swears!*

OK...never even gave this game a look...is it really as addictive as crack? (...whatever that means)

A pal whom I trust on these kinds of things has given it a very high reccomendaiton... Unfortunately I do not have the very highest caliber machine.

Without me having to go back and look over *everything*...what kind of gamer audience is it reaching out to?

I was fine with Fallout 3's original ending as well. I think the problem is that the regular Bethesda fan base (of which I don't consider myself a part of since FO3 is the first Bethesda game I've played) had developed an expectation that Bethesda produces open ended games. I am quite interested in seeing how Broken Steel alters the original ending..

Also the ending was kind of retarded since there are a couple of followers you can gain who are immune to radiation (Fawkes, Charon, and that robot one) who decide they don't really feel like

activating the purifier for you and saving your life,

which is especially odd for Fawkes because he/she gets all pissy if you lose karma.

GTA: Most have it listed as a first person shooter with role playing elements. If you've played Oblivion and liked it then you're in the right place.

At the same time however, even if you haven't played or Oblivion, or any of the other Fallout games you can still enjoy this game. That was the situation I was in when I picked up this game and I absolutely love it. It can be very addictive if you let it...at least it was for me when I first started playing. The game world is pretty massive and the downloadable content that has been released imo compliments it nicely.

GTA: Most have it listed as a first person shooter with role playing elements. If you've played Oblivion and liked it then you're in the right place.

At the same time however, even if you haven't played or Oblivion, or any of the other Fallout games you can still enjoy this game. That was the situation I was in when I picked up this game and I absolutely love it. It can be very addictive if you let it...at least it was for me when I first started playing. The game world is pretty massive and the downloadable content that has been released imo compliments it nicely.

Okay. Well thank you. I'll keep this in mind as I lookup stuff on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Also the ending was kind of retarded since there are a couple of followers you can gain who are immune to radiation (Fawkes, Charon, and that robot one) who decide they don't really feel like

activating the purifier for you and saving your life,

which is especially odd for Fawkes because he/she gets all pissy if you lose karma.

QFT.

When I was told I would die I was like "Nope, we got Fawkes! We are covered!"

then Fawkes just went "I don't think you should be deprived of this blah blah blah"

and I was on my couch going "Who cares about the moment, get in there NOW. I DID NOT LEVEL ALL THE WAY UP AND WORK MY A** OFF FOR THIS!"

oh yea, then he decided to go hangout at some library.

What.

Arbitrary.

Silliness.

And then Bethesda decided to try and pull themselves out of my anger pile with Pearlmen candy talking about how awesome I was.

Didn't work.

I don't know The Pitt and Broken Steel were pretty large as far as additions go. I'm not sure I see it being any different than buying an expansion for say Neverwinter Nights or something like that.

I've got no problems with buying them. The price isn't the problem. It's the pointless Windows live crap that I dislike and the fact that you have to buy non refundable points that I won't use in full to get them. I bought Nwn/Nwn2 expansions too but on a CD/DVD. I wouldn't mind a direct download site where I can pay with my credit card (like the Oblivion DLCs) either. Besides I need to have something to rant about :p

I agree about the Microsoft Points system. I knew I only wanted Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel and that I would need 1600 points to purchase both. I discovered I could buy Microsoft Points at the Zune Marketplace in 400 point increments instead of the 500 point increments listed on the Xbox Live website. I'm pleased to report that I do not have any Microsoft Points left on my account. ;) Perhaps I'm posting this too late for D3 but I share this in the hope that it will help someone avoid having an unwanted Microsoft Points balance. :)

At this point I plan on waiting for the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 in October so I can have access to all Fallout 3 DLC and avoid purchasing through GFWL.

• 3 months later...

I remember trying Fallout 3 when it first came out. Felt the same way about it that I felt about the first two Fallouts: This game would be twice as interesting in a different setting.

But I actually just rebooted the game earlier this week with a crap-load of mods. I found a save game that dropped me right outside vault 101 so I didn't have to go through that boring exposition level again, and I'm actually having fun doing the side-quests and whatnot. I don't think I'll do the main quest, though. I didn't like it very much the first time around.

Did Bethesda even MAKE the first game?

From what I can tell, all three games were made by different developers, so why is it NOW that one of them is getting their panties in a bunch over a new game by different developers?

The first two (and all of the spin-off titles) were made by Interplay. The third was made by Bethesda, who now own the rights to all things Fallout.

That's why they're suing. Interplay was to develop V13 on condition that they raised enough money (around 30 million, IIRC) in two years - and Bethesda was to recieve around 10-15% of profits from the MMO.

Now, seeing as the deadline has passed, Interplay look set to lose any licensing rights to the Fallout Franchise. It must be pretty bitter for them, losing the rights to develop an MMO set in the universe that was born at Interplay.

It's more than that. Before the sale of the Fallout IP, Interplay were all but dead in the water. This looks effectively to be the death-knell.

Also, technically Black Isle, Interplay's internal developer, put together the first two Fallouts and Tactics (?). They're also renowned for, among other works, the RPG Planescape Torment which you may have heard a few people praising to high heaven around these parts. :p

Archived