Home

Serj's suggestions, ideas...

We have to be VERY careful about how we do this if we do it, but I do think it will help our mod get played more. I think I had a model of how to possibly do it, but I'm not sure were it is. :p It was something like "for every 50 or 100 points you earn on a server (with but only fighting non-bot opponents and if we ever have objective based points, real players have to be playing with you), you earn an extra starting point one top of whatever the server starting minimum is, each time you join a new server. This would only be if your playing this RPG gametype though. Thanks for bringing this up again Serj.

And Serj, for the record, if you had fought Yoda the Wise (jack) 30 times the other night, he would have won 26 at least. Him and Maxstate are the best saberists in this mod. You couldn't beat me so well, and if you checked the kill count, I was quite a ways behind :p

As I told Ace once: if we were able to setup our own skillgain settings, they would be very low on my server, same goes for stuff like LMS.

The problem with gametypes like FFA is that people have no reason NOT to die. You don't lose points, you don't lose any score, you just spawn somewhere else so people don't care about their equipment or lives.

The RPG ideas we get could change this fact but it seems like noone agrees with anyone about anything.

I'm against the saved XP because it's a quick progressive system, not a long and slow gain of levels etc... And the points can be set by server (min and max).

As for the clan thing, I don't really care, it might be a lot of work for not much, though.

Note: an MMORPG with like 16 players is very very boring. It's not an MMORPG, but a MORPG (not massively)

Max, have you tried the LMS options yet? That might satisfy what you're looking for. Just set the LMS lives to 1 and go for it. :)

I want to avoid this being MovieBattles.

Still want to keep that tiny bit of FFA/TFFA/CTF in there but without totally making this another counter strike rip-off.

I'm against the saved XP because it's a quick progressive system, not a long and slow gain of levels etc... And the points can be set by server (min and max).

Since this would be a game option for servers, it would be up to them whether to allow it or not. There should still be a minimum allowance for how many kills it takes to earn a "saved" game point though. Too fast a progression would just be annoying. Also, we could even make winning a certain number of LMS games also add a saved point.

I'm sorry but this is just too potentially beneficial of an option for OJP to not have. Even if it floods OJP with annoying RPers, at least we'll be flooding OJP with players, period! :p I'd even say to get this done before the contest.

Of course it looks good, but for such a big progressive system (slow XP gain), a permanent skill choice would be better (like lugor), but for OJP, it wouldn't. I'd prefer join a server with low points, quickly earn them during the game, leave, and restart the next day, because what will you do when you have full points? no more progressive system...

Although, if this option can be toggled on/off on the server, why not.

Archived