Home

TFU for PC?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt it would be nearly as good unless it went with the "Games For Windows" brand and had full support for the 360 controller...some games just don't look suited for the keyboard.

I'd disagree with that, I've got JK2 for xbox and pc and i feel that it's much easier with the keyboard and mouse than with the xbox controller. More buttons is sometimes easier than scrolling through abilities. But, I think the requirements for the computer with this game would be rediculous.

I'd disagree with that, I've got JK2 for xbox and pc and i feel that it's much easier with the keyboard and mouse than with the xbox controller. More buttons is sometimes easier than scrolling through abilities. But, I think the requirements for the computer with this game would be rediculous.

We're all entitled to our options. Personally, I think that the keyboard (which wasn't developed to play games) is better suited for RTS games. This with the mouse combo, makes it fitting for a shooter. But as for an action game...

I mean, the controllers were designed for games, after all. Even as I prefer Dual Shock over the nameless 360 controller.

I know, but you responded to someone mentioning JK2, which has a huge FPS feel to it and if TFU comes close to that it'll be perfect for the PC, but if not a controller will be the way to go, but as we all know, the Wii will pwn all since it can take the best of both :)

Anyone remember the spider-man game that was for ps1 and pc. I felt pc was easier to control like i felt with JK2. I guess it's really a matter of what we're used too using. It'd be nice to have on pc considering I just got a new one and don't have a next gen console yet. I might have to buy one solely for this game if it doesn't come to pc.

Well, definitely keyboard+mouse combo is the best when it comes to RTS and complex MMO due to the various keys you can config and a friendly pointer system. I would say FPS is more keyboard friendly also, but thats a matter of taste really.

Now some modders please develop a hack on those 360 controllers so I can use a mouse for various functions in 360 FPS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

most of the discussion seems to stem from a technical perspective.

there are various ways in which LA has stated there won't be a PC release--most of them qualified or implied.

i'm more inclined to believe this is a marketing issue. Star Wars is a bread earner, has been for decades. how many people do you think would pick up a current-gen console with the belief it won't be released on PC? i know i will be.

after sales peak, there'll probably be discreet announcements of a 'probable' PC release, having only just overcome issues with PC development. maybe even just before release, betting on the fact most people won't want to wait.

either way, I think picking up a console is a good deal anyway. PS3 in my hot little hands in a few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

No, good fps can by only done for pc. The meaning of fps games are your aiming, movement and battle sense. You can't get that all on consoles. Autoaim+one hit zone on hotbox really sux...

About Crysis... This game has ONLY good graphics and thats why it's not selling good. Just take a look on Stalker. This game is not designed for multiplayer, it had just good graphics for that time but it had gameplay, climate etc. It was really good game. Crysis don't have any (ohh, it have cool trees chopping which looks really poor). And piracy... it's really heighten. Yes, the piracy is the problem but it's not the reason to do not make game on pc. Pc players are mostly high-core players or they are more demanding than console players. Face it - console players are mostly casual ones which don't know what real game is. Consoles have nice action games and for me nothing more. If you firtsly say that the game for pc will be incredible, will contain everything which other games didn't have and this game prove to be ****ty (for example Quake Wars or Crysis) the producers say "hey, why our game don't sale good? It becasue piracy!"...

PS The talk about pc being too slow for TFU is kinda nonsense. Take look on CellFactor http://www.cellfactorrevolution.com/ . This game is totally unoptimized for pcs without Ageia Psyhx but it works really good on dual core cpu w/o psyh card. I'm 100% sure that you could easilly run it at pc without this funny psyhx card if it would be designed for it. It only has multiple object which can move. I can gain same effect in HL2 if I would spawn a lot of crates but it runs smoother. Another point is that almost none of new games for pc don't use dual cores. Yes, few have partial support for it but it's still not 100% of dual core potential. For example Quake Wars have command to use both cores. The feature was added in some patch and it gives about 40% fps boost and, if belive producers, it's still not all what dual core can give.

• 2 months later...
Well, I've just seen an article about a new processor, and it's definitely awesome. If those get to the market, they can't rant about "not enough power in PC" , cos in a few years they won't cost that much.

TFU is being released this September, not in a few years. LucasArts can't sit around and wait for more powerful PC parts to be released just to make a PC port.

Not that PCs being "underpowered" is really the reason they're not making a PC version anyway.

I know, and that reason is BS. They need to be honest and just come out and say that they won't make enough of a profit to warrant a PC version, rather than thinking we're all stupid enough to believe whatever they tell us about power requirements and such.

They do? Really, would that change anything, Weasel?

It's no big surprise that it isn't being released for the PC though. Gamestop seems to have a lot of their floor space dedicated to console gaming these days, Best Buy seems to be doing the same. I don't like it any more than the next PC gamer, but it's just where the chips are falling at the moment. I'd rather have it on PC, I'd rather have any game on PC. I was a strict PC gamer up until a few years ago, then I finally caved and bought a 360, then later a Wii. If you can't beat them, join them.

I was hoping for a PC release of this title though, since it feels weird playing Lucasarts game on a console, I remember the glory days of playing Loom, Day of the Tentacle, X-Wing etc. on PC's.

• 4 weeks later...
They have to make a PC, it's gonna give them much more money.

If people buy the game...which is never a guarantee. "Much more" is debatable. If it's only a "little more", then why bother manufacturing all the copies and have them just sit on shelves?

Though, making cool games for consoles that aren't available to PC increases the console selling.

Not necessarily...because not everyone who would be willing to buy this game owns a console. I'm positive few people will be willing to purchase expensive consoles just for this game. Not even the cheap consoles.

Gotta get PS2 to play this.

You need to upgrade beyond that, man. :lol:

Archived