Home

What force powers are you looking forward to?

Which of the announced and unannounced force powers are you looking forward to seeing in the game? It seems the game is focusing heavily on the force, so I would guess it is an important part of the gameplay.

I want to see some of my favorite powers from KOTOR, like Force wave and storm. (In one of the clips it looked like wave is in the game.) The lightening still looks kind of weak as compared to the other games in my opinion.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the lightning look weak? Especially combined with other powers, like the described power combo where you can lift enemies off the ground, blast them with lightning, and smash them through the ground. Not to mention how much more realistic the lightning looks in this game compared to others, like Jedi Knight.

I hope the Apprentice can learn light side powers, since I find they help out in certain situations. I would like Heal and Lightning to be in the game.

Sorry, there won't be any powers aside from these four.

I would like the uses of Grip. Repulsion is cool, but not as grip since you don't have the same control on it.

Well, creative Use of Push/Pull would be fun. Other than that would be a nice sequence of Force Speed(bullet Time) and force acrobatics. I mean slowing time, running up a wall then drop down, force pushing on those stormies, crushing their bodies INTO the ground, then, drop down, force pull them towards you in a circle, spins your saber around for a crp de grace.

I hope that grip is implemented like it appeared in the pre-vis. ie you don't lift an individual object, you lift an area. Like when he picked up the stormtroopers and both of them, a gun, and some debris all lifted up. Or when he lifted a cluster of debris to destroy the TIE fighter, not just a single rock.

That's what I want grip to be like in the actual game.

I'm glad that the game focuses on telekineses and lightning, that's a lot cooler than cluttering it with things like heal and protect and mind trick. The powers we know about, aside from lightning, are all just telekineses, but I just realized that pull doesn't seem to be included.

About lightning, I much prefer how it's looking in TFU to JA. In JA, the two handed ridiculous onslaught of tiny bolts in a cone didn't look great, not how I think it should in SW. What I think it is supposed to be more like, and what the TFU appears to be doing, is have the lightning target something, and actually go specifically to that target(s) and electrocute them, instead of just firing off lightning into the distance and hoping it hits, like a gun.

creative use of Jedi mind trick, (in battle & outside)

and yes the jedi telekinesis skills.

Mind Trick would be hard to done right in a more action-based game.

All the fun and creative things I have seen so fare are all done in tabletop rpg.

So it would be more fun focusing in the more physical aspact of the force. Like telekinesis skills, body enhancement (bullettime) and invisibility.

I doubt well see the light side powers, afterall your an apprentice of Vader. About the force powers:

Force push and Force pull are basically the same thing are they not? One is simply the opposite direction of the other. Also, isnt Wave just a more powerful and destructive form of force push/pull?

Lightning, I have to agree with JawaJoey. In the movies the lightning is focused on people and even Sidious didnt have huge storms. What I think would be cool is if you could do what Mace/Obi-wan, and Yoda did, absorbing the lightning with hands or lightsaber.

What I think could also be prtty nice, though perhaps not much of a force power but instead a move, is the ability to jump at someone and stab them, similar to what Yoda did in Episode III. It's also similar to KOTOR how you jump forward quickly instead of at an upward angle slowly. But its the stabbing motion whie you jump on the person that gets me :p

• 1 month later...

There are Darkside Techniques I would Love to Be Allowed To Use, but probably will not be included in the game for obvious reasons, like the Blackfire thingy (electromagnetic torpedo by that darksider in Lando's Triology) or even the dread spear of midnight black.

Archived