Home

What will be the big twist/secret?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kotor, anyone?

Yeah maybe Revan will show up alive and kickin' :lol:

Seriously though i don't really have any vision for what surprises we may expect in TFU; i hope however it is a deeply unexpected one (c'mon in Kotor you must have had an inkling of a thought that you as the main character may be Revan), i sure as hell can't wait to find out though!

Many younglings and what not have been trained under yoda man for some length of time, and yoda seems to have good memory.

And on the serious side. I few things would be interesting.

1) A game where there is no real Light Side redemption. At best there would be death.

2) A game where you would be forced/commanded to kill your love, and even though you think you have the choice to do good and not kill her, she end up dead anyways, partly due to your actions, which is also anticipated by the dark lord himself.

3) A game where you can see some once good jedis gone mental/mad due to the stress on running away from the hunt. Not DS necessarily Fallen to the Dark Side, but quite nutty.

4) The Return of some bald emo goth chick with two sabers.

5) In The Grim Darkness Of The Galaxy Far Far Away There Is Only War. Well, at least there is a darker/grimer atmosphere in the whole game, cause most Star Wars games have been pretty "light" so far.

And on the serious side. I few things would be interesting.

1) A game where there is no real Light Side redemption. At best there would be death.

Like Planscape: Torment? :( That would crush the replayability factor if you knew that no matter what you did, you were still going to die "at best". It'd be hard to stay motivated. At least with PS:T the dialogs were so engrossing you could forget this aspect.

Some big revelation huh?

Judging by the story...(Vader trying to train the Apprentice to overthrow the Emperor) I think there will be a huge frenzy at the end where the Apprentice is attacked by Rebels, Stromtroopers, Sith, Jedi. Him becoming the ultimate 'grey jedi' seems a fit in this situation :)

Revan? Well if anything that would belong to the Tyber Zann story not TFU.

Intended as "SARCASM" since Revan was 'alive and kickin' over 4000 years prior to TFU, hence i wasn't being serious. :lol:

Yeah maybe Revan will show up alive and kickin' :lol:

See the little laughing icon at the end of my point, it wasn't meant to be serious!

While I really,really liked the clone idea

I don't, a tad bit overworked with the prequels don't cha think?

How about an appearance by Mace Windu, backing up the thought of bringing back a character once thought dead.

Maybe the secret apprentice is a character from the original trilogy or something. But who could possibly have a backstory like this?

How about an appearance by Mace Windu, backing up the thought of bringing back a character once thought dead.

Maybe the secret apprentice is a character from the original trilogy or something. But who could possibly have a backstory like this?

hmmm yeah you might be right ..... meaby Quilan Vos lol.... just kidding, but it could be a original character of the trilogy!

How about not resurrecting a character or revealing blood relations? I mean, I'm not trying to throw a wrench into all of your gears here, but I'm just stating my opinion, no offense meant to you guys.

But seeing as we expect this kind of a 'twist' that involves someone being related to someone or that person meeting up with a character long thought to be dead, maybe they should try something different. How about something like the Apprentice rebels against Vader and rejects the Dark Side of his own free will at the end? It might sound unlikely that a darksider would have qualms about what they did, but maybe the Apprentice had a bigger heart.

Then again, maybe thats just too improbable and we'll get a standard twist :D.

EDIT: And the Apprentice needn't die, either, he could flee into hiding after he failed, maybe that could be a separate level/mission in the game: Avoid Imperial Forces and get off the planet or something. That could work out.

I would prefer if they came up with something new. Clones, long-lost relatives, clones of long-lost relatives and the like seems to have been over-used already in Star Wars.

EDIT: And the Apprentice needn't die, either, he could flee into hiding after he failed, maybe that could be a separate level/mission in the game: Avoid Imperial Forces and get off the planet or something. That could work out.

Or when his work is done he could pilot his ship alone and head out towards the Unknown Regions, looking for the True Sith, never to be heard from again. The Unknown Regions seems like a dumping ground for force users who are too powerful to leave around in the Republic/Empire. :)

^ That's true, but the only trouble is, it might be too reminiscent of what Revan did after KotOR. Maybe he could have been chased and chose the Unknown Regions to hide, instead of seeking the Sith as Revan once did, that would get rid of him and not seem Revan-ish.

Of course, sometime after the game is released, some writer might throw out a story featuring the Apprentice's return. So much for the "get rid of" plan for the devs :D.

^ That's true, but the only trouble is, it might be too reminiscent of what Revan did after KotOR. Maybe he could have been chased and chose the Unknown Regions to hide, instead of seeking the Sith as Revan once did, that would get rid of him and not seem Revan-ish.
I think stoffe was joking. :)

My real guess on the so-called surprise. Really, it won't be a surprise at all. Our sithette(is this even a word?) have a girlfriend. Being blonde aside, she is probably going to stand with the rebels in the end or something. So typical of Star Wars?

I did like the Vader Clone idea from tk102, why shouldnt they try to clone someone with his expertise?

Jedis that has fallen to the dark side , but are not Pro Empire, they are rather enraged by the Republics betrayal against them & thus motivated by a burning hatred against it. These Fallen Jedis wantingly commits acts of pure terrorism against the empire.

Archived