Home

What will be the big twist/secret?

Not that I'm saying your incorrect, but how do you know I'm a he, I could be a she, when did I tell you that :lol:

You play WoW (With a female character, too!) and your name's not "Mistress" Zionosis. You're a dude.

Back on topic...

Back on Topic. Won't it be nice if this Sithlet got the chance to charge up the loading ramp of that hawt Eclipse chick? I mean, she can go preggers, and her kid taken under the wings of the Emperor, named Brie or something. Maybe she can be a good single/double/triple/omg spy, or maybe she got to date farmboys(which can be proven deadly).

If Vader's apprentice is responsible for conceiving Lumiya, I'm going to buy the game just so I can make him jump off a ledge a thousand times.

I bet it could be that after you develop a relationship with Juno, Sidious will find and kill her, then the apprentice will be like "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!" and try to fight Sidious, and then he'll die. Or something. I still like the insanity idea, though.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Palpy's body is failing, and he needs a new one. Vader's apprentice is reasonably strong in the force, and would make for a good body...

Yes, it does sound like Naruto a bit.

Sorry, but why would Palpy have the same body in the movies then, although there is a possiblity that something did happen that we never knew of, but I think that that is highly unlikely. *my opinion though*

Here's a link to a relatively recent new video from the devs about the game on IGN:

SPOILER WARNING, this may ruin part of the story for you!

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/823/823667/vids_1.html

Watch the one titled "A Force Wrecking Ball". It looks like The Apprentice does team up with General Koto at some point, whether it's to eventually kill him or actually turn to the LS, who knows? The video also points out how important and pivotal the game's story is in connecting Episodes III and IV. One of the guys says that we won't look at the franchise in the same way after this game. What could this be about? Maybe The Apprentice has something to do w/ the formation of the Alliance (if it's a LS ending)? I can't think of anything else that would be so important that we've never heard of before...

That brings up another question I have:

How many years have passed since Palpatine took power in Episode III? Between III and IV I think there are about twenty or so years which have passed (based on Luke's age in IV). So is this game set 2, 10, or 15 years after III? The reason I ask is because if The Apprentice has anything to do with the Alliance it needs to be formed first (or maybe he's an integral part of it's formation) and I don't think that happens immediately after Palpatine takes power (read about the Alliance in Wookieepedia). Or maybe the earth-shattering revelation doesn't have to do with the Alliance VS the Empire, maybe it has something to do with the nature of the Force, or relationships among certain characters...

Here's another idea I thought I'd throw out, since it follows the age-old intrigue of cloning and fathers, but without being either, or any other rerehashed concept.

My theory is thus: What if the Apprentice isn't a clone, doesn't get cloned, isn't remotely related to anyone, etc etc, but turns out to be someone we know from the story? Obviously, it couldn't be someone from the movies, since LA's using a new actor for the job, but the Apprentice could easily be someone that's been well-covered in EU surrounding the movies.

Here's another idea I thought I'd throw out, since it follows the age-old intrigue of cloning and fathers, but without being either, or any other rerehashed concept.

My theory is thus: What if the Apprentice isn't a clone, doesn't get cloned, isn't remotely related to anyone, etc etc, but turns out to be someone we know from the story? Obviously, it couldn't be someone from the movies, since LA's using a new actor for the job, but the Apprentice could easily be someone that's been well-covered in EU surrounding the movies.

Hmmm, with such theory in mind, I would put my opinion in and say: Jaden Korr. Since not enough of his back story has been explained (as the character was intentionally designed to be created by the player at the time) a variety of scenarios could explain why the secret apprentice went from Sith to Jedi.

Ztalker: I believe they said the story would span several years, so it's quit possible it takes place directly after Episode three right upto Episode 4. Who knows?

So if the story were to span several years then will The Apprentice accomplish a mission and then a few years pass and you play as The Apprentice again during another pivotal mission? I don't think that's the way it will be structured. Maybe in the book it will (although I doubt that too), but in the game I'd bet the player is jetting around to planets (Kashyykk & Felucia confirmed) and space stations (TIE factory) one after the other and the story doesn't necessarily span years. Just like in the movies, the audience sees a pivotal moment in the saga and then the books and EU fill in the middle. Although I could be wrong, and maybe the game does span years as Vader has you helping him track down the Jedi during The Great Purge and maybe dispatching other enemies of the Empire right up until Episode IV.

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction: The apprentice is the son of Etain and the Mandalorian Clone trooper from the Republic Commando duology. Therefore he has the benefits of a high midichlorian count of a Jedi, and a warrior's physique and training of a mandalorian.

Skirkata was terrified of the possibility of the Old Republic finding out that tehre was a high midichlorian child of one of the clone troopers when he found out that Etain was pregnant. And it would make for a more than just a "typical" apprentice for vader.

My prediction: The apprentice is the son of Etain and the Mandalorian Clone trooper from the Republic Commando duology. Therefore he has the benefits of a high midichlorian count of a Jedi, and a warrior's physique and training of a mandalorian.

Skirkata was terrified of the possibility of the Old Republic finding out that tehre was a high midichlorian child of one of the clone troopers when he found out that Etain was pregnant. And it would make for a more than just a "typical" apprentice for vader.

While I'm a little skeptical that they would do this (I doubt they'd count on many of the players having read the Republic Commando books), it would make for an interesting apprentice. I have a feeling, though, that the apprentice will probably be someone that people who have only watched the movies will be able to understand. Like, if you've only watched the movies and don't know any Expanded Universe anything, you'd still understand where the apprentice is coming from and how he fits into the world. People who only know the movies might (but then again, might not) be turned away because they don't know anything about those characters. But don't get me wrong, I like this idea; I just don't think that's what'll be in the game.

Perhaps this time they won't lock us by closed doors, idiotic maps (like in JK2 Level 2). Or perhaps we will be able to cut ourselves through them - or Force Crush them.

Dude, you just gave me an interesting idea. What if....the apprentice could cut through time? ;)

(I don't really think they're going to do this, but it's an interesting idea all the same.)

Serpentine: A part of me thinks you are right, that they'd go for the lowest common denominator, but it would explain how the character would be "more than an apprentice" to Vader. He has skills that have nothing to do with his force apprenticeship.

Jvstice: Granted, I suppose that would explain it.

What if "more than just an apprentice" actually meant that Vader was gay? I don't like that idea at all, but it just sprang unbidden into my mind... Also, I don't think that's the way it was originally worded, was it?

By "cutting through time" I mean something similar to the way the Subtle Knife (in the book with that title by Philip Pullman) can cut through the fabric of the world and let you into other worlds and dimensions. So in other words, the "Subtle 'Saber," if you will, would cut through the fabric of the universe, opening a portal into the history of the galaxy. So you could go back in time. Then the apprentice could hang around with Sith mentors and buddies from the golden days of the Sith. Maybe even alter Star Wars history itself! Could this be the 'twist' they're talking about?

Again, I'm not really being serious.

I don't think he would destroy the Jedi order and take up everything he was fighting against previously for the woman he loved if he was gay.

I don't think Serpentine is being serious. I mean, Vader does not really look like Dumbledore.

As fore his time-hopping idea, well it maybe cool, but, really, the last thing we need for the Star Wars Universe is some time travelling ability.

...some of the 'twists' here are a bit far-fetched, imo. And the Apprentice would need a Tie Delorean, fly it 88 mp/h to do time travel anyways. :xp:

What if he's one of the younglings Anakin was supposed to kill? Episode 3 shows some of them made it our allive (in the scene with Senator Organa in the speeder, a youngling slays several troopers). A Jedi heritage, a Sith training...etc. Torn apart between the two orders..blah blah..

Or he's Jacen who flow-walked back...or Revan who found a time machine in the Unknown Regions. Or Dash Randar. Or he's another experiment of Palpatine with creating life through manipulation of Midi Chlorians....possibilities, possibilities :xp:

Edit: @ DM:

Sorry, didn't know that.

*Throws theory out of the window*

Or he's Jacen who flow-walked back...or Revan who found a time machine in the Unknown Regions. Or Dash Randar. Or he's another experiment of Palpatine with creating life through manipulation of Midi Chlorians....possibilities, possibilities :xp:

I have thought of the Jacen Flow-Walk idea actually when someone first mentioned time travel. But really, dude does not look like a jacen.

The Revan case is quite unlikely. Though it would be cool to see a frozen Revan coming back to life. For one, Revan would probably escape quite easily...

Well, it would be interesting if dude is a Midiclorian Induced Lifeform... It would be nice if it is anything close to this.

Dash Randar is most probably not force sensative, and prefers waxing his lightsaber on androids anyways.

I think he was a youngling that survived the temple massacre. That would explain the childhood flashback scenes, and Yoda's appeance. Kota would remember him from that time, and try to bring him back to the light. I'm not sure how much of a plot twist that would be though, I figure the biggest reveal will probably be that the Emperor knew about him the entire time.

I think he was a youngling that survived the temple massacre. That would explain the childhood flashback scenes, and Yoda's appeance. Kota would remember him from that time, and try to bring him back to the light. I'm not sure how much of a plot twist that would be though, I figure the biggest reveal will probably be that the Emperor knew about him the entire time.
But the Apprentice never had any Jedi training [Ztalker], thats one of the interesting things about him.
Quoting yourself is so lame.

Archived