Home

Blob

Should blob be removed?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should blob be removed?

• Yes
    • Yes, but replace it with a diffrent secondary fire. (Post bellow)
    • No, keep it the way it is.
    • No, but change how blob works. (Post bellow)
    • CAKECHEESE!

I'm inviting you guys to play with us some time via hamachi or otherwise and I'll show you personally in what way the blob can ruin gameplay. Oh yes, players that want to keep this mod true to "OMG CAFFIENEE RUSH BASE BUNNYHOP JUMP BLOB QKIKKKKKKK333 LIGHTNIG" = no plz.

Edit:

The thing is overpowered and gamebreaking in every aspect. If you do not know or understand this you should play with humans more and stop fighting bots.

I'm inviting you guys to play with us some time via hamachi or otherwise and I'll show you personally in what way the blob can ruin gameplay. Oh yes, players that want to keep this mod true to "OMG CAFFIENEE RUSH BASE BUNNYHOP JUMP BLOB QKIKKKKKKK333 LIGHTNIG" = no plz.

Edit:

The thing is overpowered and gamebreaking in every aspect. If you do not know or understand this you should play with humans more and stop fighting bots.

max i do play with people online just not hamachi cus ive been to lazy to get it :p

Edit:

No its not. If they blob spam you, force spam them :p They only have a total of 10 blobs per clip (3 at level 1) and they are completely vulnerable. And, if we get rid of blob, it will make that weapon next to useless at its current firing rate and it will make alot more work for razor because he has to change and modify every reference to it in the code when he could be working on other things and do a simple balance to this feature.

The only things that needs to be done to it in my opinion is to reduce the DP damage it does because its pretty high right now, maybe decrease the splash a bit more, and make primary fire do more damage. I suppose we could also do something like make the effects of the blob based on the opponents DP, like a stall over 1/2 DP and a knockdown under 1/2 DP.

Actually removing fire modes is pretty easy to do. Probably about 10 mins of work.

My impression is that a lot of the frustration might be related to gunners being able to fire at point blank range while falling from a push/pull. I think I liked someone's suggestion of not allowing firing while knocked down unless the player had level 3 in the related weapon skill.

Hmmm....well my opinion is inbetween....I think blob is overpowered...but its totally underpowered with primary shot...which is why I as a gunner (sometimes..only sometimes a hybrid) use the bowcaster :p. Btw...the DC-15A is supposed to be able to snipe. ...if we do make it have sniper I think we should prolly up something with primary fire.

Actually removing fire modes is pretty easy to do. Probably about 10 mins of work.

Removing them and replacing them with something entirely new?! Might be easy to replace with sniper mode, but thats no sniper gun. Removing fire modes all together is just taking away features and we don't want to do that. Especially when we've removed alot of things already (that we really should replace with something at some point).

I still like either my/shaman's idea.

We either give it long range and incredible accurate capabilities, or give it a quick 3 shot burst that will decimate a jedi from close up much like a shotgun if aimed well.

Blob is just too base-y to still keep in, no matter how much you lower the damage or heighten the ammo usage. EVEN IF Force was a factor here which it is not then it could still be overridden in a large number of ways. We do want to remove features if they'll bring us even better ones and to tell you the truth I'm all for a good feature right now.

Would it be wrong to say that this has something to do with the MBII clones? If it has then this conversation REALLY doesn't make sense anymore. The MB clones need to reload after like 2-3 blobs and the clone rifle is their primary weapon so they got blob to get balanced out. If they miss, they're dead because their clip can only hold so much energy for blobs.

OJP Gunners don't have that problem nukka. OJP gunners don't need to reload and can get other weapons as easy as they can get the blobgun. OJP Gunners can shoot about 10 blobs out of it with no particurlar hazard for themselves, too.

They also don't really care about when their ammo is out as I've said, so they'll /kill or jump off of something high, respawn and repeat.

I'm not trying to nerf gunners to non-existance. Not trying to nerf gunners at all. I'm just trying to remove a part of this game that I think does not belong in this game.

Set the autokick level for suicides to a lower level then.

Secondly, it sounds like the ammo cost of blob is still too low. Assuming we keep blob, we gotta nerf that a bit more. As a temp fix, I'm guessing that a master level clone rifle shouldn't be able to fire more than 3 shots before running out of ammo.

Make auto-push work on blobs? I really don't think blobs have a place in OJP, it really is a gamebreaker. Or how about instead of inducing knockdowns, blobs (or some other secondary) make the opponent movements sluggish? That way the clone rifle's primary and secondary fire can work in tandem, and it would make the clone rifle more useful for close and mid-range against both gunners and Jedi.

I tested Blob against Jack and Hocks for somewhere in the vicinity of over two hours.

It is by no means overpowered. I'm convinced that everybody who's complaining about it is simply terrible at this and can't think up decent strategy. It's really the only good weapon gunners have left since every single other weapon is terrible for one reason or another; I can't blame them for abusing it.

Somebody really needs to shrink that visual effect radius though, it's painfully misleading.

I disagree with the entirety of your post, but I guess it doesn't matter at all what I say because your two hours compare to the weeks I've put into JUST the blob.

Still open to anyone who wants to let me try out the blob on them, I'm running hamachi and will set up a server if any of you are willing.

According to you, everyone that has anything to say against gunners or gunwielders has an agenda, and on a side note, you're really one to speak of agendas.

I have no 'agenda'. I just want to stray away from the stupid base gun and saberplay and want to have a more tactical and thought out gameplay that won't hinder FFA too much.

Archived