The iPhone is here!

The iPhone is...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. The iPhone is...

• The coolest thing I have ever seen
    • The coolest thing I have ever seen... a phone do
    • It's okay... nothin' to write home about
    • I hated it, why did you even post this about it

Well guys I know it's been a while but I am back and I have seen probably one of the coolest things I have seen so far this year. It's new from Apple and it's called the iPhone. I won't go into huge detail over it because it has a lot of features and if I were to list them all... well lets just say this post may not make it out on the forum.:lol: Here is a link to apple's official page for it so you guys can check it out...

iPhone

Well so what did ya think? Is it cool or what!

it has up to 8gb, how much do you need for a phone? :eyeraise:

If you're that hard up for memory, buy a pen drive for $50. USB is more accessible than sd cards anyways.... :xp:

However, as much a Mac fanboi that I am, I already have an iPod (and MacBook, and PowerMac, and... etc. etc.) so the iPhone just isn't in my budget for what I need nowadays. My razr will do fine until it's time to renew the cell plan ;)

Their interface is awesome to be sure and I'd love one if they were cheap -

Ive been a heavy pda user since 2002...and there are some things a pocket pc can do that ar really important to me functionally:

*integration/sync with MS office

*MS Terminal server login... so important!!!

*handwriting input/recognition

*gameboy, NES, SNES emulation!!

I have an iriver portable media center for all my media needs.... I could use the PPC(and I used to have a PSP) but the iriver has bigger screen - and 40gb of space .. and syncs automatically with my windows based (vista or xp) media center pc - uploading and converting recorded TV, music etc. It is inavaluable on trips !! (along with my DS!)

These iphones will sell great to general consumers, especially when prices become a bit more manageable, but I think the market for them and windows PPCs are different - with the windows mobile devices really being targeted at business users since day one, back with the windows mobile 2002 devices(they were big n clunky gadgets, but the interface was just as functional even back then)

still, if anyone would love donate me one - I'd like that !! In the meantime, I'll just keep using my O2 atom, PMC and DS

mtfbwya

Right now I'm using a 30g black video iPod and a black Motorola slvr. Granted, the ipod is scratched up pretty badly, and the slvr is discontinued, but I think I'll replace 'em both once the iphone goes down in price and they work the initial bugs out.

Meh, why does everyone think everything Apple does is the best thing since sliced bread?

Incredibly good marketing?

Bah, as for me, I don't have the money for that. I mean damn, that gadget is so incredibly expensive. I'd be so scared to carry around in case it'll get a micro scratch...

it has up to 8gb, how much do you need for a phone? :eyeraise:

Says the man with the 8GB of RAM on his PC... heh :xp:

Honestly, its a pretty cool gadget, but not something I need/want. The only time I listen to music is when I'm at my computer or driving. Though, I tend to listen to talk radio more than music in my car.

I got a cell phone, and thats enough for me.

Ahem! ChAiNz, you do remember this quote...

"640k should be enough for everybody!"

:xp:

hehehe.. touche' :fist:<--- :rofl: -RH

But I think people are mis-interpreting what the iPhone is supposed to be. It's a phone first and foremost and fluff-n-stuff second (granted waaaay overpriced even for this fanboi) but by no means is 8gb "weak" for what it does do ;)

People who buy this to be their main music player, e-organizer, web browser etc. will be buying it for all the wrong reasons, imo.

It's not meant to replace your PDA or laptop. :comp9:

Says the man with the 8GB of RAM on his PC... heh

LOL... it's about to be 16gb :D

When this baby arrives, I will be "liquidating" all of my computers I own (4 currently) and have everything configured on this system (with dual-boot OS setup).. :emodanc:

...LOL... it's about to be 16gb :D...

ok, stop right there. can you explain why you need that. Are you running a business server ?? Or work for Pixar ?? ;)

Not even the highest visual/editing apps need anywhere need that... I say you donate some of that RAM to the poor, namely your LFN tech crew :D

mtfbwya

*thinks* Iphone is more of a style accessory... it's nice but when I heard about it I didn't get excited, I just thought "that's nice, a touchscreen on a phone" but it's gonna take many years before something similar comes out that's actually worth it. Apple's still doing a good job at targeting the kind of people who would pounce like a tiger on this though.

That said, I wouldn't be caught dead with one :p

*thinks* Iphone is more of a style accessory... it's nice but when I heard about it I didn't get excited, I just thought "that's nice, a touchscreen on a phone" but it's gonna take many years before something similar comes out that's actually worth it. Apple's still doing a good job at targeting the kind of people who would pounce like a tiger on this though.

That said, I wouldn't be caught dead with one :p

hehe...that reminded of when a colleague was whining about touchscreen devices like iphones, blackberries and pdas, and making ridiculous generalisations about the type of people that use them...

until I reminded him of how much he likes playing his DS :D

mtfbwya

Actually, I wouldn't be caught dead with one cause it'd be hot item to steal :p Plus I'm not in need of such a device.

EDIT: And just to make sure, not attacking anyone, not attacking apple, not attacking microsoft, not attacking sony, not making this about something it's not.

Just thought i'd say that to make it perfectly clear people don't misunderstand things x.x

ok, stop right there. can you explain why you need that. Are you running a business server ?? Or work for Pixar ?? ;)

Not even the highest visual/editing apps need anywhere need that... I say you donate some of that RAM to the poor, namely your LFN tech crew :D

mtfbwya

Or maybe donate it to LA so they can start working on KotOR 3, maybe that's all they need...

Archived