Home

does jedi academy 1 work on windows vista?

fuzzy1017

really want to play this game(jedi knight academy) got jedi acad. 2, found out not compatible with windows vista. heard on wikipedia that jedi academy 1 runs fine on windows vista. wanted to know if anyones know's if it's true and does work on windows vista and if there's any steps i have to do to make it work?

This is the order of all the DF and JK games:

Dark Forces 1 (Don't know)

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight 1 (199-something)

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (2000?)

Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy (This is the most recent, 2003-4 I think.)

And yes, JKA should work with Vista. Why not try it yourself?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

i dont understand?ive got academy running in vista with no problems,except taking screenshots of the game,and i found out how to get around it.ive also got outcast playable through academy and still no problems.have you encountered problems?i just installed and i was playing 6 minutes later,there are some games that dont work well with vista,ie max payne,but for the most part ive gotten vista to run the original jedi knight to play the new mod jkenhanced and still no problems,ditto for mots.

• 2 months later...

Hey, i am running JA on vista with no problems.. When installed just right click the game and go to properties and put it in compatibility to windows xp servise pack 2 and tick the box next to run as administrator :D...

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, i am running JA on vista with no problems.. When installed just right click the game and go to properties and put it in compatibility to windows xp servise pack 2 and tick the box next to run as administrator :D...

Yep, those should work perfectly for all Vista users, worked for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
i've downloaded the iso for star wars:dark forces 2 jedi knight but all i got after double clicking the setup was this this application cannot run due to the incompatibility with 64 bit versions of windows,can anybody tell me how to fix this

you could get banned you know that don't you?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived