Home

Preparing for Gameflood Contest/Enhanced 1.0

So, the Gameflood Mod Contest starts July 2nd. I think we should make a goal of having a quality mod ready for the start date.

Here's a list of major things I think we want to have done by that point:

1. New website

2. Completed documentation

3. Media blitz ready to go

4. Fixed linux crash bugs

5. Added style perks

6. Revamped jetpack

Did I miss anything major that you guys can think of? I can probably do 4-6 myself, but 1-3 is up for grabs.

I think we might want to seriously consider calling this OJP Enhanced 1.0 to make people know that it's a solid product instead of a don't-need-to-see beta.

I'm getting married and going on my honeymoon starting on the 15th thru the end of the month. The time to get my part of this done is so if I'm needed for something, I need to know about it now.

Finally, if you're currently working on something specific for OJP, please send me a simple status report so I can get an idea of what can, and can't be done by July 2nd.

Comments? Suggestions?

So, the Gameflood Mod Contest starts July 2nd. I think we should make a goal of having a quality mod ready for the start date.

Here's a list of major things I think we want to have done by that point:

1. New website

2. Completed documentation

3. Media blitz ready to go

4. Fixed linux crash bugs

5. Added style perks

6. Revamped jetpack

Did I miss anything major that you guys can think of? I can probably do 4-6 myself, but 1-3 is up for grabs.

I think we might want to seriously consider calling this OJP Enhanced 1.0 to make people know that it's a solid product instead of a don't-need-to-see beta.

I'm getting married and going on my honeymoon starting on the 15th thru the end of the month. The time to get my part of this done is so if I'm needed for something, I need to know about it now.

Finally, if you're currently working on something specific for OJP, please send me a simple status report so I can get an idea of what can, and can't be done by July 2nd.

Comments? Suggestions?

Aww man have fun :)

You didn't miss out anything I think, other than blob and jetpack there aren't a lot of other big balance problems that would be anything other than 'annoying'.

I can work on documentation, and the HUD I have time to make the graphics side - I don't know how much time I have to do the coding, though. Lab's been really busy and I barely have time for myself. Same goes for the video and other things for a media blitz.

You aren't by the off-chance marrying a redhead, are you? :)

- Several important bugs fixed (especially that dodge vulnerability in force block...really annoying)

- Auto throw Thermal det button (win over halo fans).

- Saved exp points acrossed servers gametype the way I suggested if we decide on it (win over RPGers).

- Maybe bring back rage and protection in a relevant so it looks like we've goten rid of less forcepowers..or just make new ones to replace them if time permits.

- get as many coop levels ready as possible.

- maybe finish that stall button where you can stand in plae while swinigng and parrying (or make it soe that it allow only forward and backward movement)

- get that new model and new effects for the DEMP.

-Again congrats razor

- Tanqexe is psychic :p

*bandwagon* My wistlist would be as such:

-Jetpack needs teh uber fixage and after it's fixed it needs to cost 8 points for half a fuel tank then another 8 for a full one.

-Blob needs to leave and needs to be replaced with another attack (like the sticky bomb, but I'd rather not since it's still a freaking blob) that will give a gunner more time to escape or shoot at the jedi while he/she is vulnerable.

-Pulling weapons needs to only work when the person is running and you have your crosshair on them, just having your crosshair on them is far too easy if the gunner doesn't have or doesn't want to buy absorb.

Balance-wise, these are your main concerns. If not fixed they will be exploited as soon as the playercount reaches a few servers full. Exploits --> annoyance --> frustration --> going back to whatever mod they first played.

Also, stop paying attention to the bots so much. They're fine! We're aiming at a much larger scale now and those bots were for our lonely nights :beer:

As for the gameplay/funfactor boosters which are not by any means something we should hurry before we get balance fixed:

-Saber skills should get temporary boosts and nerfs and boosts.

-Thermals should have an instant-kill attack to make them worth buying.

-E-11 rate secondary rate of fire boosting skill should be added in form of a buyable weapon mod.

-Deflection should be made to look nicer, we're currently deflecting the shots somewhere behind our bodies, especially shown when moving forward.

Comments? Suggestions?

Wow. That's the 2nd most shocking thing I've learnt about today after my book out :o

Well now that my Basic Military Training phase is over, I've got 2 weeks of block leave, so consider the new main menu done. I'm also planning to work on 2 things that probably won't make it by July 2nd, but they're things that you and the community have requested for before, so I'll keep it a secret for now ;)

Razor: YARGH IT'S A REDHEAD!

...Can I kill you now, please? LOL, I have a thing for redheads. Congrats you lucky dog, you.

Right now I feel deflections just aren't that great, not much sense of control of when you'll get bolt reflects or deflects. Against a stationary target the reflection rate is bad enough; against a moving target the reflection rate is abysmal, harder to control, and simply not a fun thing to utilize because there isn't really a sense of feedback.

I say give blasters a 3-shot burst mode for secondary E-11, shotgun-like beam spray (except it spreads out more instead of goes in a straight line like the flechette) for DC-17, and really, really up the damage on the thermals.

Yeah I know man I know but we're unable to p'rrdict what some percentages or whatever will mean in the game without trying them out, we're not master gibson h4x0rz like you :(

From the way they are now they're good, they only need a SLIGHT buff to the accuracy level.

Tanqexe is talking more about the general 'feel' of the whole deflecting thing. I mean there is no real difference between running and deflecting and just running, plus they kind of land behind you if you run towards an enemy and deflect.

I can make blaster shots seem to deflect off the front of a jedi pretty well with some minor .efx editing, it isn't hard, I just push back the 'hit' part of it and it looks pretty good ingame. Not perfect ofcourse since I don't know the limits yet, but good. That already fixes quite a bit part of the deflection worry.

Archived