Home

Found out about it.

How did you find out about the kotor games, both of them?

I found out about them when I walked in a gamestore to look for republic commando. I saw a game named "SWKOTOR 2". I thought "what a geeky name." In the end, when I couldn't find republic commando I bought this "SWKOTOR 2" because I thought "well.. It is starwars so I'll try it out."

It was wonderful. This was about two years ago.

How did you find out about the kotor games, both of them?

I found out about them when I walked in a gamestore to look for republic commando. I saw a game named "SWKOTOR 2". I thought "what a geeky name." In the end, when I couldn't find republic commando I bought this "SWKOTOR 2" because I thought "well.. It is starwars so I'll try it out."

It was wonderful. This was about two years ago.

That's how i found about the first one, took me quite by surprise and i have never looked back on them since, i just love the games!

I walked into EB games intending on buying Jedi Academy, and walked out with it and KotOR. I had never heard of it before then.

With KotOR II, I was at the dentist's office, and while I was waiting, I decided to look through PC Gamer magazine that was laying around. There was an article about it in there somewhere, and the whole time I was in the chair, I could hardly stop moving. ;)

I entered on the store, intending to buy DEUS: EX. My luck was that they didn't have it, but the seller told me about KotOR and how much the two games looked alike, and that it just arrived. Well, that wasn't the game I was intending to buy, since I have had read some very pessimistic previews about the outdated graphics and the such. And, by the time, Star Wars games didn't appealed me as it used to.

Well, I took it, and after 1 hour playing, I was like on heaven.

For Kotor 2, I just bought it on the release date, no secrets.

GFFA has been a long-runing gag since college when I did things like go to the sold-out "SW Rock opera/Puppet show" put on by Evergreen students as a combination of perfomance art credit and a practical joke, when my sister lived with a bunch of pals in a dorm where there were toy lightsabers on the floor and a model of Slave 1 hanging from the ceiling, and we crammed 8 people into a car built for 4 to go see special edition where the hapless 6'5" fellow got put in the trunk and we just hoped Olympia PD wasn't looking. It's the fact my brother in law's first date with my sister was Episode 1, and they meet their best man in line for the popcorn.

It's not the universe - it's all the stupid stuff we did for love of the universe and the silly fun we had.

Dear brother in law will give anything SW a go at least once. He picks up the game, and I think it's going to be typical Lucasarts. Y'know, it's got lightsabers, it's playable, but it;'s no Day of the Tentacle or Full Throttle. Besides, what was go8ing to be a worthy follow-up to the last RPG story we got to see - FFX?

He played it, and jaws were dropped, eyes bugged out, and it was the XBox equivilent to standing in line for 3 hours at the age of 5 to watch ROTJ.

I knew KOTOR was coming out and one day found it in the local blockbuster rent it, Finished it and then i went and brought it

Sith lords brought it the day it came out i still wonder if i should considing how it turn out

• 3 weeks later...

A guy's personal website., saber-scorpion.com. He said that KOTOR and TSL are a great games, so I checked them out. So I bought KOTOR last fall, and TSL last winter, I thought they was great too. He likes just about everything made by Bioware (except Neverwinter Nights I and the expansions), especially Baldur's Gate I and II. He also posts Lego creations on the site- he makes KOTOR and TSL creations, as well. He has made custom minifigs of the main characters, a Lego Sith Fighter, and a Lego Swoop Racer. He also makes other Star Wars, Halo, Metal Gear Solid, Lord of the Rings, Forgotten Realms, and Mechwarrior creations. On top of that, he has his own science-fiction theme/story (with creations), Nova Refuge, on a completely separate site, novarefuge.com

heh, I don't even remember. I always ignored KotOR, thinking it was a MMORPG or something. Then one day I wanted to buy a new game, and a lot of people on this forum seemed to love KotOR... So I made a poll between Call of Duty and KotOR, and the difference was massive.

I bought KotOR that weekend. Unfortunately, my graphics card fell short and all I could see were whitewashed textures. Later, when I upgraded to my current FX5200 system, things became much better. :)

I bought an XBOX to play SW games, my Friend picked up a gaming mag and pointed out this old republic RPG was coming out, having loved the EU and especially the Tales of the Jedi comics, I Pre-ordered it, got it the Day it came out and I haven't really stopped playing it, I got it on the PC too for modding reasons.

I happened to have a Friend in the states the weekend TSL came out so I gave him some money to get it for me and had my XBOX chipped so I could play NTSC games, I got TSL for PC also.

My husband had bought it for our spiffy new XBOX in 2004, I would watch him play it and get really annoyed at how rubbish he was at finishing the quests and also that he didn't listen to the dialogue of the other characters so they were all po'd at him all the time (which was actually kind of funny) so finally I grabbed the controller out of his hand and started playing it myself and fell in love.

My husband had bought it for our spiffy new XBOX in 2004, I would watch him play it and get really annoyed at how rubbish he was at finishing the quests and also that he didn't listen to the dialogue of the other characters so they were all po'd at him all the time (which was actually kind of funny) so finally I grabbed the controller out of his hand and started playing it myself and fell in love.

A gamer-wife success story. ;)

I am an extremly impulsive buyer, and if I've got money I've got to spend it. I walked into my local Wal-Mart and saw TSL and Jedi Academy. All of the sudden, I had to have them. TSL looked so cool with all of its awesome lightsaber, and Jedi Academy was like 10 bucks (clearance) so I bought them.

Then, maybe a year later, I was walking around Wal-Mart again and I saw KotOR on sale for about 15 dollars. Decided to get it 'cause I never really understood TSL's story all that well.

In fact, I've yet to complete KotOR. So, I have absolutely no understanding of this whole Revan thing. Except of what I've picked up here, of course.

Well, actually because someone told me that kotor would be up and it would be "like an offline version of SWG" While I forgot which fool that is, I actually decide NOT TO BUY kotor when it first comes out. Then, well, on some other forums about D20 games someone mentioned kotor. So I decide to buy it and give it a try 2D6 days later. And yes I like it.

As for TSL, well, I buy this early. And well I have been waiting forward facing the Nihilus dude, and felt cheated when I see him in battle, oh well. Kreia is just too obviously a traitor that I kinda deliberately not level her (or give her any good stuff) for fear of her turning against me at any time. I mean, I don't want to lose my good stuff when my party member decide to be traitor and run off with it. Well the same is true when G0T0 is aboard, but really, you don't use him much anyways, so no real lost.

I was (am) a loyalist to BioWare, but was looking for a new game to play since I was on my 3rd year with NWN.

I had noticed on BioWare's Forums that avatars have the games owned icon under the listing.. so when I saw that MANY users had KotOR, and it was the same developers that made NWN, hell yeah, I had to check it out...

TSL was a 'given' since I had already been assimilated in this community ;) hehehe...

TSL was a 'given' since I had already been assimilated in this community ;) hehehe...

D@mn, this must mean....We're part of the continuum. I gots to find me a transporter so Scotty can beam me outta here. I thought this was a SW forum, oh no...... :p

@Prime--I second that, as I've yet to see it under $19.99.

As to how I found out about it.....I think from seeing it in a store and thinking maybe when it became more affordable. Like ChAiNz, I too was assimilated when TSL rolled around (though I hadn't joined this forum yet.....pesky mind controlling Borg ;) ).

Archived