Home

Trouble with Vrook

Talanta

Firstly, I'm a newbie so please don't hurt me. I've been on other forums but I know each forum has different rules so... I apologise in advance if I do something dumb and newbie-like.

I've just finished KOTOR and am looking forwards to playing KOTOR II again, but I remembered when I played KOTOR II last November I could only get as far as Dantooine before hitting what appeared to be a serious bug in the game, and had to give up. I don't want that to happen this time, I'd like to enjoy it all the way through, so I was wondering if you guys could help.

Okay, so, as I remember, I was playing a LSF and I got up to the mercs in the crystal cave on Dantooine. I killed all of them, then nothing happened. I tried to talk to Vrook but whilst the talk icon appeared, talking never occurred, and there was just no way to free him. I went back to previous saves and tried again, still the same thing... Vrook just stands there and does nothing as if my character isn't even there. So I tried to go ahead with the game anyways, complete the other Dantooine side quests and I get to the Dantooine battle, but after the cutscenes when you get control of your character, the screen would always turn black and nothing happen, although I could hear ambient sounds like engine noise. I think it's pretty obvious I need to free Vrook, but HOW?

I had no mods installed then or now on the game, and at the time I went to Yoda's helpdesk and installed the latest patches and everything, and nothing worked. HELP! I want to finish the game!

hmmm... are you absolutly certain you have killed EVERY merc, and I mean EV-E-RY merc in the cave (except for the one who passes by the Kinrath and doesn't get harmed)

Otherwise, there could be something wrong with the game. I always experience technical errors with mine.

Like at the Mandalorian Camp. When I kill every Assassin, and just after Korriban, and I'm in the middle with a conversation between the entire crew on who should travel to Freedon Naad's tomb. Then suddenly, un-killed Sith Assassins appear out of no where, when I specifically made sure thy were killed... oh, this makes me so angry!

and don't worry. We wont hurt you for being a newbie :D Welcome to the LF

I guess I'll just have to make sure of that when I go through it. This occurred when I played it Autumn last year, it's not currently installed on my system yet. I just wondered if this was a known bug that had a patch or method of fixing it...

I actually got TSL first and then got KOTOR... I just finished KOTOR yesterday as LSF and I really loved it... but now I'm all sad cause it's over :(:ball: So I want to go through TSL now (hopefully bug-free), and download a few mods from here and play KOTOR again. Don't know if I'll enjoy it as much as the first time round, but I hope so because I really loved it :3heart: It'd be great if/when they bring out KOTOR 3 :) I'm a bit of a Revan fan, and Carth, Bastila, Canderous were all good too... I hope they and the Exile make reappearances [/offtopic]

:p Sorry. I'm a little overexcited still having just finished KOTOR for the first time and having been a hardcore SW fan for 8 years. :p Excuse the newbie-ish overexcitement.

^ That's okay. It's natural ;)

Anyway, yeah. Your game is probably full of bugs, which doesn't suprise me. Or maybe it has something to do with the condition of your PLAY DISC. Are there any scratches?

I would try asking the people over at the WORK BENCH threads on the Trouble Shooting section on this Website. They'de probably know what to do.

Do you have the latest patch installed? I don't know if that will actually help, but it's worth a shot. If that doesn't work, you might just have to buy a new copy.

:p Sorry. I'm a little overexcited still having just finished KOTOR for the first time and having been a hardcore SW fan for 8 years. :p Excuse the newbie-ish overexcitement.

It's ok. It's not newbie-ish, and I think we're all a little overexcited about KotOR III (if it ever comes out). :)

Dang. I was worried that it was just my game that had loads of bugs and I'd have to fork out the cash to buy a new one. Sigh. That looks like what I'm going to have to do.

I checked the discs. They were all fine back when I was playing it last year, but the play disc now looks like it has a smudge or two on it... no scratching though.

I did have the latest patch installed then. I probably don't have the latest one installed now. I should do that when I reinstall the game. Interestingly enough, I tried to install TSL yesterday, and halfway through disc 3, it came up with some sort of error and exited setup. Might have just been a one off thing. Or maybe my game really is riddled with bugs.

I think I'll have to buy another copy of the game, hopefully not bug-riddled, and just try again with that. If I still experience problems, I'll try out some of the other suggestions. Just my luck to buy a copy the first time round with a major fault in it.

^ That was exactly what happened to me when I first got the game. During my first instalation, an error occured and it didn't fully complete its setup. So I had to get a brand new copy. I'll tell ya, there is something ****ed up with TSL on the technical side of things.

Considering how old your copy of the game is, and if you still have the receipt, I'm not sure whether you can return it, unfortunatly. I suppose your only option is to buy a new game. Still, depending on the expirery date, returning the receipt from the store you got TSL is worth a try.

Er... I'm pretty sure I don't still have the receipt. I probably threw it away when I got it... it seemed to work... until I got to Dantooine. Oh well. I'll get a new one. My current TSL really does have some serious technical issues.

Er... I'm pretty sure I don't still have the receipt. I probably threw it away when I got it... it seemed to work... until I got to Dantooine. Oh well. I'll get a new one. My current TSL really does have some serious technical issues.

Then there is always the chance you will get a worse TSL than the one you already have.

"You must do what you feel is right, of course."

Ben Kenobi

It seems I'm the only person who hasn't ever had a TSL bug, and I have it for the Xbox and PC. Perhaps I am lucky?

I would go around and kill every creature in the cave. Perhaps you have to kill the kinrath too. Worth a try? If not, I'd just replace the game as said before. Vrook is suppose to be freed as soon as all the mercs die.

You could always buy a new game, then return the one that doesn't work. ;)

It seems I'm the only person who hasn't ever had a TSL bug, and I have it for the Xbox and PC. Perhaps I am lucky?

Actually, you're not the only one. I've never encountered any problems for either KotOR or TSL, and I've never run in to any big glitches either.

Actually, you're not the only one. I've never encountered any problems for either KotOR or TSL, and I've never run in to any big glitches either.

"If you choose the quick and easy path, as Vader did. An agent of evil you will become."

Yoda

Argh Captain Sparrow you always cheat your way through somethings.

Just saying that because your name is Captain Sparrow. Not saying you actually cheat. But Jack does!

I've had several problems with each. On my TSL game I got stuck on Nar Shaada one time(did all the quests, but the meeting never fired). I have had corrupted save files of both games. My 360 cut several rings into my KotOR disc, making the dialogue "skip" constantly and the load times even more terrible than before. My PC version of KotOR crashed repeatedly during the load screens, and refused to reinstall. The list goes on and on.

unusually buggy game series, in my estimation. But it is still great.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a hard time recalling the exact triggers for Vrook being in the cave...

1. Have you talked to Administrator Adare about "Vrook" and been given permission to search the ruins of the Jedi Enclave?

2. Have you talked to Gerevick in Khoonda?

3. Have you searched the ruins to find out that Vrook wasn't there?

You may be running into an issue where things are out of place, because you shouldn't actually be where you are at that moment in time. It is buggish, but not completely a bug - more a time when you have to follow the story's prescribed progression to play it through to the end.

Just a thought :)

Either way you've got a bug if Vrook is in the cave but not talking. Load an earlier saved game or play the game again. In my experience, sometimes bugs with TSL are just one off things and they don't bother you again next time you play.

I believe it is the data-pad behind Disciple.

Precisely... thank you Aratoeldar :)

It is buggish, but it is related to proper plot progression. I have experienced this.. after playing thru as many times as I have, I have experienced this issue, and solved it by speaking to Disciple and getting the datapad. That is the trigger !

Thanks to everyone for your help. I played it through again making sure I did all those things, and this time the conversation triggered. :) So I don't have to fork out the money for a new one after all.

Archived