Home

Jedi Knight mod

Sir Vougalot

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the HD for our repository (that's where we keep all the files pertaining to the mod) was in danger of crashing. So, Shamus is building a new one and we're in the process of building a new set of forums which, once internal testing is done and it all checks out all right, should be going up online. I can't give you a timetable because I'm not directly involved in the construction process but if all goes well it should be pretty soon. As for our current forums on FFH, yes they're down again. We have no control over that and coupled with the constant crashes (this is the second time this year alone) as well as the hordes and hordes of spambots it turns out it was a pretty bad place to host the forums and we were looking to move them for a good six months anyway. Consider this the natural lag time between moving.

As for progress on the mod, itself, there's good news. Zemm just got a new copy of Milkshape 3D so he can pick up some of our modeling lag and I'm going to get a copy myself next month and start working on the models we need to complete the demo. Ironically, I just finished all the scripting for narshadda so I only need to add enemies and ambient sound effects and the level is 100% completely done. I'm hoping to get some screenshots of all the in-progress levels up on the website too, once I'm sure it's running smoothly and Shamus can commit the time to upload some galleries.

And don't you get any ideas about quitting from the Dark Forces mod! The Dark Forces mod being cut short I can handle, but I've always wanted to see Jedi Knight recieve its much-deserved tune-up, and you damn well better finish it! I don't care if it takes ten years.:D

Also, do you have the contents of the forums backed up? I will literally cry if everything I've said in the suggestions thread is now gone forever.:(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I need to speak to Shamus about getting some screens up there. There's been some good progress on levels 2 and 4 so there's some new stuff to see. Right now I'm wrapping up on DFMod and trying to get my uncompiled maps together for that release as well as finishing up a major project for school so I've been a bit too busy to get around to getting materials together for the site.

Archived