Home

Depth in customisation.

i think switching lightsaber is in the game remember force pre-vis when he picks stormies up lightsaberes turns off also if you could drop your robes off and on also your hood and wouldnt be cool when you encounter your enemies then drop your robes off like darth maul then you switch your lightsaber on and beat the hell out of them

Okay... I was replying RC, and he was quoting Poiuy, but whatever. I agree that sabers on/off should be a feature of this game, I very much doubt that they won't put it in.

Sorry dude, It was a general reply, I made it sound like i was directing it at you.

-_-..... Impossible

Well, actually, if the Apprentice was forced to swim or something and still battle enemies that were in the water and were armed with ranged weapons, then he'd be forced to rely only on the Force, since lightsabers don't generally work underwater, except for Kit Fisto's since his was designed to work underwater.

I think even lightning might be inaccessible in that case, seeing as the Apprentice could kill himself if the lightning arced around while he was in the water.

since lightsabers don't generally work underwater, except for Kit Fisto's since his was designed to work underwater.

I thought for a minute you forgot about that point ;), i think Kit Fisto kicked ass in the Clone Wars animated series!

I think even lightning might be inaccessible in that case, seeing as the Apprentice could kill himself if the lightning arced around while he was in the water.

Yep, water & electricity; never a good mix! :D

I think Force Push & Force Grip would still be effective however (although i can't really possibly imagine there being underwater levels in TFU).

Another reason why a sidearm would be good, preferably a slugthrower type. Hmm guided bullets with the force.

But Underwater battles would be interesting though. The idea at least. Well, wonder if there would be any space actions? Zero-G action on top of a capital ship... now thats something never done before.

Another reason why a sidearm would be good, preferably a slugthrower type. Hmm guided bullets with the force.

But Underwater battles would be interesting though. The idea at least. Well, wonder if there would be any space actions? Zero-G action on top of a capital ship... now thats something never done before.

Force Lightning would look cool in space. :lightning

I know i probably won't be playing it anytime soon because it's not on PC, but how about you actually get to make your lightsaber on your own? I mean, you get these various parts and wires and stuff and you put them together based on information you have on a datapad. That would be much more fun and rewarding, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
Force Lightning would look cool in space. :lightning

Force Lightning wouldn't work in space because there is nothing, like air, for the electrical current to travel through. Also, a Jedi wouldn't be able to just stand on capital ships because there is no gravity. They would also need to have a vac suit because Luke Skywalker was victim to outer space and barely survived via Mara Jade in Heir to the Empire. Even if they got out there in a vac suit they wouldn't be able to use Force Lightning because it would fry a whole in their suits...... Lightning proof suits anyone?

But Darth Vader is totally susceptible to lightning and cannot ever use it. So they would have to remake his suit for something like that to be possible.

• 1 year later...
What you guys think we should be able to customize on the game, without turning it into a RPG?

What about mixing Force Powers.

Like, you'll be using Force Lighting on a bunch of Stormtroopers. Then, some electric resistant enemies shows up behind the stormies. Now, you must still be targeting the stormtroopers or they'll start firing you. Since they're in a queue (one behind the other) you press two buttons and unleash what I should cal of Force Storm. All you press is the button of Force Lighting + the Force Push one, converting your attack into a ray of light that throws your enemies at walls.

Some other combos should be made as well. Pressing the Force Repulse button + Force Lighting, should result on Force Hurricane. And so on.

Hey, got no qualms with that. 'Cept nobody seems to want to involve hand to hand, or magic--just stay at a pseudo lull between them. It's all the limitations of the SW universe... Though I find arguments about magic kind of annoying, so I definitely understand that. However, I always liked duking it out in a realistic combat sort of way. Kicks ass--especially where you're a little sore from that last jiu-jitsu outing, can't get into it for real but are still lusting to rip someone's head off. Like a DEf-jam, smackdown, GTA, saints row, scarface, and street fighter/MK/KOF/SoulCal/DOA game all mixed into one--and SW would make it all that much sweeter.

Mixing powers eh?

Force push/concussion into your lightsaber blade, and then thrusting and whailing on the hull of a star destroyer should cause it to quake and shatter. OR if someone tries to block such brute power, it'd fail like trying to step in front of a moving car to stop it.

Depth of customization? I totally agree. Smackdown games from SD:shut your mouth! to about SD!2007 have the most in depth customization mode for both appearance and fighting moves I have ever seen. Armored Core games have very advanced (mathematically and mechanical physics intensive)

customization features too.

Should be open ended and fluid. Though it may take awhile to create a character, you are free to be as creative with your expression as you'd like.

Maybe there'll be combo creation, you know, first grip then zap and finally repulse the enemy.

As for lightsaber upgrades: maybe there'll be crystals like in KotOR 1-2 that enhance your Force powers or lightsaber attacks. Personally I'd like to have the Mantle of the Force.

Different lightsaber crystals will give your character different stats. Blue=speed Red=power, stuff like that. And commenting on the force combos from earlier, you can take any of the four force powers, three lightsaber moves, and three force moves that do not cause damage to unleash about 50-60 different combos. :D

Yes I'm a TFU geek:D:lsduel:

Different lightsaber crystals will give your character different stats. Blue=speed Red=power, stuff like that. And commenting on the force combos from earlier, you can take any of the four force powers, three lightsaber moves, and three force moves that do not cause damage to unleash about 50-60 different combos. :D

Yes I'm a TFU geek:D:lsduel:

color crystals don't change stats, customization crystals do (i.e. rubat, sigil, etc.). seems to be pretty much a clone of the original KotOR's lightsaber customization (but with more colors).

Then put a smile on that face, because there's a power that allows you to do just that.

I personally prefer the power that lets you lift up a guy and make other objects fly at him.

You lift a stormtrooper up, zap him with lightning and then a brick wall flies at him and they both "break" in the process :D

I personally prefer the power that lets you lift up a guy and make other objects fly at him.

You lift a stormtrooper up, zap him with lightning and then a brick wall flies at him and they both "break" in the process :D

Definetly. Although I'm quite found of that Force lightning ball you use right after pushing your enemies. :D

Archived