Home

The Force Unleashed for Wii

RumorReporter.com says that it looks like things are in the works to bring The Force Unleashed to the Nintendo Wii, citing a Hollywood Video insider's screen shots of their store's inventory from their point-of-sale system.

This is still unconfirmed by LucasArts but it wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be true. After all TFU's official website states the game is for "Next-Generation Consoles" and the Wii is generally considered to be part of that group.

Well in one of the Force Unleashed Panel videos from C4, Haden Blackman was asked if the Force Unleashed will be for PC (but this could apply to Wii as well). He said that the current consoles its being developed for are Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, DS, and PSP, but he did not deny that it would be made for any other consoles.

I'd love to see the game for Wii but I still doubt it. That screenshot does bring some hope but it could easily be a fake. It says that the retail for the game is $59.99 when no Wii game is over $50 right now.

I dunno. Would the Wii be powerful enough to run all those new physics simulations and such?

EDIT: They're gonna do a less intensive (Technology wise) version so it might be OK. If they get the motion controls done properly and they're not some thing tacked on at the end it might be good.

A friend of mine told me that they where going to realize a game of Star wars special for Wii...... but I don’t know if it is true.:(

Nothing official yet friend... Surprises me, I mean, Wiimote + Lightsaber... OMG!

With the console's age one would suppose it would have already happened, but I guess it's a matter of time.

Yes it would be fun chucking them nuns(ot stormies) with the nunchucks. And yes OMFG saber play :)

But the thing is, developing it for teh wii will require quite some additional work, compare to the relatively similar things between ps3, 360 or even pc.

Obviously the psp/nds gameplay will be developed separately. But yeah sabering with the pen is fun also.

does anybody know?!

I dunno, but I sure hope it comes out for Wii. T'would be ****ING AWESOME~

Think of all the potential, not just for using a lightsaber, but for force powers too. Violently swinging stormtroopers around with a few flicks of your wiimote would be so satisfying dontcha think?

• 3 weeks later...
I dunno, but I sure hope it comes out for Wii. T'would be ****ING AWESOME~

Think of all the potential, not just for using a lightsaber, but for force powers too. Violently swinging stormtroopers around with a few flicks of your wiimote would be so satisfying dontcha think?

i get gameinformer every week and it doesnt look like its coming out for anything other than xbox 360 ps3 and pc. which im getting a new pc so ill be able to get it but the graphics probably won't be as good but dont get ur hopes up on getting it for the wii

All good things to those who wait... I for one hope it comes out for the Wii as that is the console for the new generation I wish to buy. I have a PS2 currently and while this game is supposedly coming out for this previous gen system, I doubt it will be the same game as the one for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Knowing from previous experiences with cross generation-console releases it will probably be inferior by comparision... :( That is why I hope the same game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 comes out on the Nintendo Wii.

P.S. Why does everyone hate the PS3? Besides it's not so charming appearance and it's high price tag I don't see much else to criticize. Im out of the loop...

All good things to those who wait... I for one hope it comes out for the Wii as that is the console for the new generation I wish to buy. I have a PS2 currently and while this game is supposedly coming out for this previous gen system, I doubt it will be the same game as the one for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Knowing from previous experiences with cross generation-console releases it will probably be inferior by comparision... :( That is why I hope the same game for the PS3 and Xbox 360 comes out on the Nintendo Wii.

The PS2 version WILL undoubtedly be inferior to the PS3 and 360 versions. Not probably: definitely. And if TFU does come out for the Wii, then it will almost definitely be like the PS2 version. Quite simply, only the hardware of the PS3, the 360, and the PC can support TFU in all its glory.

P.S. Why does everyone hate the PS3? Besides it's not so charming appearance and it's high price tag I don't see much else to criticize. Im out of the loop...

Two reasons: One, Sony sucks. They've made a bunch of PR blunders, and have sort of been caught with their pants down. That just shakes faith in the system a little.

Two, No games. PS3 still has yet to get very many games, and hardly any that are considered really good. And they have maybe 2 important system exclusives in the foreseeable future.

The PS2 version WILL undoubtedly be inferior to the PS3 and 360 versions. Not probably: definitely. And if TFU does come out for the Wii, then it will almost definitely be like the PS2 version. Quite simply, only the hardware of the PS3, the 360, and the PC can support TFU in all its glory.

I hear ya... I played Ghost Recon for the PS2 and it is COMPLETELY different from the next gen versions. I was very disappointed that I sent it back to the video store a day after renting it. I almost asked for my money back too... :xp:

Two reasons: One, Sony sucks. They've made a bunch of PR blunders, and have sort of been caught with their pants down. That just shakes faith in the system a little.

Two, No games. PS3 still has yet to get very many games, and hardly any that are considered really good. And they have maybe 2 important system exclusives in the foreseeable future.

Really that's it? Well I knew that! :laugh6: Sony has a ego problem that's for sure and the games... well so far not many of them are great or good for that matter. The starting price was also ridiculous and compared to the Nintendo Wii is still ridiculous. That's why I hope an equally good version to the PS3 comes out for the Nintendo Wii but I hear the Wii's graphics potential might not be good enough. We shall see...

But then on the other side there's the possibility of abusing Wii controls that way.

I don't think that is possible. :p

And just to get it written somewhere and not open a new thread or anything... Just imagine Die By The Sword on the Wii. Zero possibilities but it occured to me.

Archived