Home

MULTIPLAYER

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I don't know about any of you other posters, but I hope so badly that its like the Jedi Academy multiplayer. Good old deathmatch or team deathmatch. Of course the gameplay would be tweaked, and the mechanics of the multiplayer would have to be changed. But they need to have it that way. Me and my buddy pumped like 100's of hours into the Academy multiplayer, fighting back to back lightsaber against rediculously hard enemies. It was tons of fun. I want that experience again, I hate fighting against my friends, and would rather work with them to slay hundreds or thousands of respawns jedi. None of that Clone Wars crap either, where hundreds of normal enemies rush you, thats fun for a time, but its nothing like running around a multiplayer map and getting the drop on an unsuspecting enemy.

The only thing they would have to change for the setup is the ability to play with two humans against 14 AI. In Academy you had to play Free for All to have a worthy Challenge, and then the guys fought each other and sometimes ignored me and my friend.

I hope they bring back this style. Split screen preferable, as well as Online, so the unending tide of Jedi can be thrown back yet again.

If anyone knows a better place to post something like this where Lucasarts can hear this, tell me. I am desperate for another multiplayer experience like I got from Academy.

Also, X-Wing. Bring back that series, it was a rocking space flight simulator. Now they make those games for dumb people, Rogue Squadron, come on. Sorry I know that was off topic, but there it is.

edit : Also, maybe a couple blaster users for multiplayer, not really interested in it, but it adds a little zest to the combat. Your in the middle of a battle with a sith, and then a couple blaster lovers walk around the corner guns a blazing, you have to dodge his blade and their shots. Exciting stuff.

Meh, I really wouldn't like a deathmatch mode. Too messy. Unless we're talking about a "survival", at where two player face underwhelming odds against incommensurable enemies.

Survival. We used the deathmatch mode to do a survival mode. Both me and my friend fighting off all the bots. Back against the wall. It was a sweet game mode. But i don't want it changed much from deathmatch, because that way you can have unlimited amounts of time to play in it. We would turn the time limit off and just play for hours, killing off 100's of Jedi, good times.

I feel like it maybe just like the Jedi Knight Multiplayer, or it maybe they will incorporate some sort of co-op gameplay. Either way it should be good.

I feel the co-op mode would be better, like in the Halo series. ANd who says both people have to be force users? THe second player could be , say, a stormtrooper commando or something along those lines.

Too bad it's been confirmed that there's no multiplayer whatsoever for the PS3 and 360 versions of the game; and no, you won't ever be accompanied in levels by PROXY or Juno, it's only you and an army of stormies to wipe out.

My source: an FAQ on the official site's forum. Answers most questions we've ever had about the game.

Too bad it's been confirmed that there's no multiplayer whatsoever for the PS3 and 360 versions of the game; and no, you won't ever be accompanied in levels by PROXY or Juno, it's only you and an army of stormies to wipe out.

My source: an FAQ on the official site's forum. Answers most questions we've ever had about the game.

They're taking 5 levels from us. Can't we at least have some multiplayer?

Well considering it says that there isn't multiplayer YET, not that there won't be multiplayer EVER, I don't fear much. Plus, this isn't a developer saying it. They could have a few different ideas floating around that could just be added in at the end. Or there could be D/L able content. Come on, its a faq, official yes, but who knows how accurate it could be. I have read official faqs that have been a complete load of bollocks before.

Though if there is no multiplayer I think that Lucasarts is one of the dumbest game companies ever. And I would applaud their idiocy. Games have multiplayer, its a fact of life, especially games like this. A straightforward singleplayer experience DOES NOT CUT IT anymore. If they don't know it, they don't deserve to sell games. The technology looks awesome, I will give it that, but I enjoy a nice little co-op experience slicing some endless tides of baddies in a cool level. Not saying co-op single player, just some split screen fun in the sun.

Lucasarts, wake up, if you don't put multiplayer in you cut your consumer base in half. And I don't think they are that stupid.

Though if there is no multiplayer I think that Lucasarts is one of the dumbest game companies ever. And I would applaud their idiocy. Games have multiplayer, its a fact of life, especially games like this.

While I agree with the first assessment, "games like this" don't usually have multiplayer whatsoever.

They're taking 5 levels from us. Can't we at least have some multiplayer?

Well, its a dumb move not to have multiplayer for 360. Its THE fun part of a saber wielding game, looping off bodyparts of friends and go "haha pwn3d".

PS3 I can understand though, setting up multiplayer is a b!tch for companies due to $0ny's idiotic lack of support. Same reason as to why some games got their multiplayer ability stripped out on PS3.

While I agree with the first assessment, "games like this" don't usually have multiplayer whatsoever.

Yes they do. This might as well be a third person shooter, only instead of guns you have the mighty force powers we have seen, and of course your faithful lightsaber. Oblivion was a third or firstperson game of similar qualities (magics and blades) and its was incredibly large, so I could understand no multiplayer. But this game, being apparently just a single player game, has no excuse. It doesn't have the freedom that other "single player" games have, so it only has a very slim chance at replayability. Sure, throwing Stormies around with your saber in their chest can be fun, but I doubt that this game will hold up for the long haul without some amazing multiplayer, or even semi good multiplayer. I played JK : Academy for almost 600 hours on multiplayer VS. AI, and its multiplayer was so so.

Its one simple function to add, just use the same AI you have for the Jedi you hunt, put the characters in some cool maps and let people have at it. You and three friends vs. an endless supply of Jedi. Even a small create your own Jedi thing. I know its what people want, you know its what people want, why can't Lucasarts get it through their heads. Awesome tech is cool, but it only lends pizazz. to have staying power you need alot more then that.

Well, its a dumb move not to have multiplayer for 360. Its THE fun part of a saber wielding game, looping off bodyparts of friends and go "haha pwn3d".

PS3 I can understand though, setting up multiplayer is a b!tch for companies due to $0ny's idiotic lack of support. Same reason as to why some games got their multiplayer ability stripped out on PS3.

There was multiplayer for the JK series, and this is pretty much the same style as JK, except JK was a cross between FPS and...third-person lightsaber game...could that be referred to as hack and slash? TFU cuts out the FPS and replaces it with high-powered Force.

Third person action games do? JK is a shooter, JA, I'd agree, is more of an action game. But the finest of examples of good games, such as DMC series, Ninja Gaiden games and God of War franchise, shows otherwise.

I concede your point, even though I do find those games lacking a vast amount of entertainment after the first play through. But there again is what I am talking about, sure they are awesome games, but after you finish not many people will play it again. I need to have alot of reasons to put a game back into my 360, not all of them multiplayer mind you, but that is one reason. If action games don't start coming around they won't have nearly as large of a fan base. Personally the only reason I may get this one is because I am such a Star Wars fan. But this no multiplayer thing is starting to push me to the nay side of getting it. I have been waiting for next-gen Star Wars game with JKA style multiplayer for some time now, and they decide to deliver a straight up single player experience. I am not one of those people that thinks my $60 on a game gets me a say, but I am not the only person who wants MP. I don't think a single person out there would say no to multiplayer, so why leave it out.

I hardly ever play games for multiplayer anymore, really. What I'm going to be getting this game for is the chance to experience this "exciting new chapter in the Star Wars legacy." I just want to play it for the story; that's the main attraction anyway. Everything else, like awesome graphics and cool physics systems are just icing on the cake for me (awesome icing, but icing all the same). That's just me, though.

If you want multiplayer, the Wii version seems to have the right idea. This game seems to be one of balance; no version is going to have it all. If you want the best graphcs and physics systems, you go for the X360 or PS3, but if you'd prefer multiplayer and a couple extra levels, you go for the Wii. I guess the question is, is having multiplayer enough to make up for slightly lower quality graphics and physics?

I hardly ever play games for multiplayer anymore, etc.

Well since the Wii version has crap multiplayer, I won't be going for it. Duel modes can be fun, but I got enough of that from street fighter. Give me awesome waves of Jedi to slay with my buddy any day... playing verses modes are for chumps, I like multiplayer to play with friends, not against them.

Archived