Home

New sp mod needs testers

Mercenary

I'm looking for a couple of trustworthy mod testers for a JA single player level. Experience is not necessary but I’ll lean towards choosing those who have some. Right now I need some preliminary testing done. The full length beta is still a couple of months away. I'm not posting details or pics just yet but you can see some of my previous work if you follow the link below:

http://mercenary.bravehost.com/

What kind of sp level is it?

It's not a vehicle map and you have jedi powers. It's comparable to the content of the sp levels in JK2 and JA. The level will have custom roq videos, text crawl, cutscenes, lots of custom textures if not all, mission objectives, etc... I won't go into too much detail about it right now but it takes place on Coruscant.

Vaderrocks, thanks your in. I have a sequence of roq videos to test and I'm hoping to have it ready this weekend. PM me with the email address I should send it to. I'll also send you some screenshots.

I need one more tester...

I'm part of OJP and we're in need of single player maps that can be converted in cooperative play. Would you be interested and would your level be convertable (reasonably) to have Cooperative play?

I don't think it could be converted to cooperative play. The story would need to be completely changed. I think cooperative play needs to be planned at the early stages of a map if you're going to do it properly and take advantage of that type of play. If I make another map after this one I'll consider it.

Wow never expected you to make a comeback. ;)

Anyways I'd be up for the task.

I've been modding the JKA engine myself since 2002 and I think I know the ins and outs of mapping and modelling for it.

on a sidenote:

these forums sure are dead ... usually if an opportunity like this turned up people were anxious they'd not get a spot.

I don't think it could be converted to cooperative play. The story would need to be completely changed. I think cooperative play needs to be planned at the early stages of a map if you're going to do it properly and take advantage of that type of play. If I make another map after this one I'll consider it.

That's why I asked. Was trying to get in on it early. Let me know if you decide to do another one.

That's why I asked. Was trying to get in on it early. Let me know if you decide to do another one.

Unfortunately, I'm too far ahead to adapt the level for it. Cooperative play is intriguing.

Thanks Pahricida. Send me a PM with the email address you want me to use.

• 1 month later...

It took much longer than expected to finish the opening ROQ videos. The time required for rendering the images was ridiculous. Close to 20 hours for a 10 second section! I'm back to texturing and mapping right now. I don't want to put an estimate on how much longer it'll take to finish it up but I doubt it'll take as long as the videos did.

• 1 month later...
Guess this is dead... but 20 hours for a 10 second .roq file is ridiculous. I suggest you find someone with a smoother cpu to compress them on.

Not dead at all. All mapping textures in this mod will be custom made and that is what's really taking a lot of time right now. I had a productive weekend and got a lot done. I'll start a showcase thread when I'm closer to completion.

Compiling the roq video with the roq compiler takes minutes. Rendering the individual images at 30 fps with max quality settings in Vue 6 Infinite takes forever.

• 3 months later...

OK, I have 99% of the mapping done for the mod. I just have a few small adjustments to make here and there and then merge all the areas into one map.

However, since my mod will be made of all custom mapping textures, I still have lots of work left in that area (maybe 2 to 3 weeks worth). The other major part left to do are the cutscenes. This usually takes me a couple of weeks to complete if all the voice acting is done. I'll start a showcase thread when I get all the custom textures done.

I might need another beta tester. I think one of my testers is MIA. PM me if you're interested. Experience helps.

• 1 month later...

I know I'm a newbie but I am a good gamer, I've been staff of a major GTA SA modding site for some years and I have been testing mods for some of the best modders for GTA. I am intrigued by JKA now, I wanna get in, and I assure you top confidentiality :D

My word is as good as you'll ever find. Let me know...

I know I'm a newbie but I am a good gamer, I've been staff of a major GTA SA modding site for some years and I have been testing mods for some of the best modders for GTA. I am intrigued by JKA now, I wanna get in, and I assure you top confidentiality :D

My word is as good as you'll ever find. Let me know...

So you've played through JA? What about JK2? You'll have to at least know the story in that game for this mod. If you haven't played it you can read up on it here: Jedi Outcast

yeah, I finished JKA twice, I know all SW series and I'm reading up on JKO right now. I might look to d/l this game as well.

But I think I'll have to pull back my testing services, I'm afraid my time is quite limited. I will look for your mod and d/l on release. And I'll give you my honest impressions in the release topic, but I can't really get time to really play this for the next 2 weeks... exam weeks, kna'mean? 3 exams down, 4 to go. Good luck with the mod, though. If you really can't find any other tester in due time, give me a message or contact me on IM (ICQ, MSN or Y!)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

One of the beta testers has an injury and won't be able to test so I need another tester. This project is pretty much done and it'll sit on my hard drive until it gets a reasonable amount of testing. If you're available to do some testing please reply.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived