Home

BBY & ABY = BC & AD?

SG-17

Would the years in the SW galaxy equal years on earth, since 7,500,000,000 BBY is the Big Bang (according to wookieepedia) which the universe is 7 billion years old, so would 1 BBY (Before Battle of Yavin) equal 1 BC (BCE), and 1 ABY (After Battle of Yavin) equal 1 AD (CE)?

If it does than it would be 2007 ABY.(If you dont go with the Great ReSynchronization.(35 BBY) Which it would be around 2040 ARS {After ReSynch}I think)

And according to the Galactic Standard Calendar 368 days = 1 year, and it was the standard for all planets in the republic/empire/new republic/new empire.

I just don't see the correlation or the point in saying we are at the equivalent of 2007 ABY. The Star Wars universe is a fictional place set "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away." As far as I'm concerned there isn't any basis for comparison between our world's time reckoning system and the SW universe's.

Around 7 billion years ago the universe was formed, wookieepedia gives 7,500,000,000 BBY as close to the big bang, which would be the same for everyone in the universe, so based on that, and since their galactic standard year is the same as our year(give or take 3 days), given that it would be currently 2007 ABY in the GFFA. Correct?

Archived