Home

Things that MUST be in KOTOR 3 imo.

Masgrtgr

Sales figures of both KotOR and TSL would seem to contend with your postion,

You know we aren't going to come to an agreement on this, RedHawke. :)

Those sales could mean they are just star wars fans; they buy it anyway or some people who want something new, for those who haven't played KOtOR and TSL yet.

By the way, are you a girl, I'm assuming from your avatar?

and those posting on the LA Forums and Gamespot that you value so highly.

You're sadly mistaken! :)

I don't value them so highly, I just gave examples, there are plenty of game discussion forums around the net, RedHawke.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe (wrongly?) that RH is a male. A previous avatar was of Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon. Also, I believe several guys on this forum use avatars with a female image (photo/artwork), LIAYD being one of them.

I believe (wrongly?) that RH is a male. A previous avatar was of Ming the Merciless from Flash Gordon. Also, I believe several guys on this forum use avatars with a female image (photo/artwork), LIAYD being one of them.

I'm surprised no one's confused me for a girl yet. :xp:

You know, Windu, you'd be a lot better off on the Force Unleashed forum. Or the Jedi Knight forum.

What do mean I'll be a lot better off?

I don't care what odds are against me here, I'm going to aggressively battle my stance, about the issue in this game. :lol:

Your concern for my well-being is not needed. ;)

You know, Windu, you'd be a lot better off on the Force Unleashed forum. Or the Jedi Knight forum.

What, Discussing K3? I think he'd be getting a bit more slack than this.

regarding messing up the beloved D20 engine, I personally play only star wars games, having never played any other RPG before I can't really argue with anyone, all I know is what I want from a possible K3. People must see that it's not only veteran gamers/RPG lovers who would buy it.

I'd trade in everything mentioned in this thread for a well executed story. TSL had a great plot, shame we only heard half of it.

And as far as action in the game is concerned, I hope we get some nicer visuals but I (and we all should, I might add) play for the plot and freedom to choose your own goals (kinda what RPGs are famous for); button mashing action can sod off else wear. SW Battlefront is great, try that.

And as far as action in the game is concerned, I hope we get some nicer visuals but I (and we all should, I might add) play for the plot and freedom to choose your own goals (kinda what RPGs are famous for); button mashing action can sod off else wear. SW Battlefront is great, try that.

That's all I'm asking for personally, just some more attention to visuals etc,

I can't understand why this amounts to ****ing up the franchise

What I don't want is the influence system; or at least the system as it is in TSL: it is simply hell trying to find the right places for influence boosts when I really should be focusing on the story... a lot of which, of course, is buried in characters which I simply can't influence.

I'd also like more speech choices for several characters. Whilst Atton is undoubtedly one of the most interesting and mysterious characters in The Sith Lords with a great amount of potential regarding his background, I find it irritating that the only speech choices with him are regarding pazaak and that only an obscure scenario on Nar Shaddaa will help dig up any of his back story... which, as it happens, is pretty thin anyway.

What I don't want is the influence system; or at least the system as it is in TSL: it is simply hell trying to find the right places for influence boosts when I really should be focussing on the story... a lot of which, of course, is buried in characters which I simply can't influence.

That was very good feature they added in TSL, that made the game more realistic; when it came to talking to your party members, it will suck if they get rid of that feature. :disaprove

That was very good feature they added in TSL, that made the game more realistic; when it came to talking to your party members, it will suck if they get rid of that feature. :disaprove

I agree, especially because you need influence to turn them into jedi.

4.Much more Droids and Monsters and others such as maybe guys with Ysalimri as well.
Ugh! No ysalimiri in KotOR please. Perhaps a game level where Force powers are disabled, like visiting the planet Myrkr where ysalamiri are originally from but I don't want and don't think it's appropriate for someone to be running around with ysalamiri on their persons to ward off Force attacks. I prefer for that idea to remain original to Grand Admiral Thrawn.

IMO the next KotOR must have separate feats for two-weapon fighting and staff-fighting. Fighting with two lightsabers/swords requires a much different skill set than fighting with a quarterstaff/double-bladed lightsaber.

What I don't want is the influence system; or at least the system as it is in TSL: it is simply hell trying to find the right places for influence boosts when I really should be focussing on the story... a lot of which, of course, is buried in characters which I simply can't influence.

I'd also like more speech choices for several characters. Whilst Atton is undoubtedly one of the most interesting and mysterious characters in The Sith Lords with a great amount of potential regarding his background, I find it irritating that the only speech choices with him are regarding pazaak and that only an obscure scenario on Nar Shaddaa will help dig up any of his back story... which, as it happens, is pretty thin anyway.

Personally, I like a system closer to the first Kotor; the more planets and people you meet, the better situated you became with a person. Now, a mix between that and the TSL's influence system would be great. By the way, I totally agree about Atton. Every time I went to talk with him, and wanted to add the lines myself.

Bao Dur was sure an interesting character as well...

Yes General?

Never mind.

edit - and to preempt.. yes I am aware he can be promoted to Jedi... he's still boring..

edit 2: @ Captain: I don't know why you insist on telling me that my opinions are incorrect... but the plot was so captivating to me that I forgot about it. And I only beat the game a few weeks ago. There's no clear story development, mostly because the character is known as an "Exile" and has no true identity. The concept of a hole in the Force is nice, but isn't used that well. Traya is blatantly obvious, I mean... worse than Sidious in ROTS. The first KotOR at least kept you going for a while on the notion that you were someone other than Revan. Or it did to me at least. KotOR also had clear cut reasons for visiting planets, even though they were only for Star Maps. TSL had me going to planets for no real reason.

But anyway, hopefully KotOR 3 will return to Revan's exploits.

The only aspects of the game that I think are absolutely necessary are the major features of the first two games to be included in the third, one hit deaths (Under certain circumstances.) with the lightsabers, real time combat (This one I can do without, but the way it was constructed in both games caused a terrible amount of lag. I just bought a fresh copy of KotOR for my 360. Lags like hell.) and swarms of enemies to counter act the one hit lightsaber deaths in later levels. The "swarms" would force you to rely on powers and feats rather than strength and a blade. Well, I suppose that since I say I can do without them that they aren't absolutely necessary in my mind, but they would be welcome additions to the already amazing system. Actually, if they could do it like Fable or Oblivion, but keep their own system of character customization and leveling it would be a fantastic, possibly prefect, game.

You know we aren't going to come to an agreement on this, RedHawke. :)

Nope...

Those sales could mean they are just star wars fans; they buy it anyway or some people who want something new, for those who haven't played KOtOR and TSL yet.

As much as you want to ignore the 'facts' here, and try to 'blur' the issue with some topic sleight-of-hand, sales figures are what companies look at, that is the bottom-line to get a game sequel produced. Game companies are about making a profit. That's a fact.

Your very mis-informed when it comes to the gaming industry it seems.

You're sadly mistaken! :)

You speak about yourself here... about a great many things.

I don't value them so highly, I just gave examples, there are plenty of game discussion forums around the net, RedHawke.

Yes there are, perhaps you can tell me how they are good evidence of your positions? Also please tell me how this statement actually relatesto, or answers, in any way, what I said to you?

I'll leave this up to your interpretation. :)

Nope...

I see we understand each other. :)

Game companies are about making a profit. That's a fact.

Duh! :)

Your very mis-informed when it comes to the gaming industry it seems.

Whatever you say!

You speak about yourself here... about a great many things.

What in the hell is you talking about?

I said your assumption here: LA Forums and Gamespot that you value so highly.

Was wrong! :)

Yes there are, perhaps you can tell me how they are good evidence of your positions? Also please tell me how this statement actually relates or answers, in any way, what I said to you?

Well, I'm only register at Gamespot and Lucasarts, but when skim through other sites I see more and more and more people complaining about the turn-base combat in TSL.

That's all!

Also sales aren't no good indicator that people like the turn-base combat in the KOTOR and TSL, that info could mean anything, RedHawke. :)

I'll leave this up to your interpretation. :)

Well, if you want to keep it secret, then I won't ask no more, girl/man :)

I don't care if they make it a dang puzzle game, I just want to know what happens with the story!

Personally I'd like to see the action spiced up a bit, but if they keep the same turn based combat from the other two games I won't be complaining. I bought the first game without the knowledge of it being turn based, I just knew it was Star Wars. All I had were the pretty little pictures they had in an old issue of EGM, which pretty much explained nothing except the graphics were going to rock.

I don't care if it is like Jedi Outcast, Galactic Battlegrounds, or EP1: Racer, just finish the story. Please?!

I'd like to see another sequence like the Khoonda Defense on Dantooine(easily my favorite part of K2), in keeping with my hope that the third KotOR will be a larger game, in terms of plot and party size(but I think i've already mentioned that somewhere else).

I am largely indifferrent towards the D20 system, but if it ain't broke(and somebody obviously likes it, elsewise the first two games wouldn't be so popular), don't fix it.

Also, I'd like to see more customization options, in terms of character appearance and personality(i.e. more dialogue options with varied outcome), as well as more personalized weapons, especially lightsabers.

Archived