Home

Things that MUST be in KOTOR 3 imo.

Masgrtgr

The sales aren't a good indicator? Now if that isn't one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. ;)

If people didn't like it, they wouldn't buy it. Now would they?

The sales figures would indicate the game is popular, but don't speak to the specifics of WHY. Personally, I've got no problem with the turn based combat system. The story is paramount and the old maxim about not fixing something that ain't broke would seem to apply.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The sales aren't a good indicator? Now if that isn't one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. ;)

If people didn't like it, they wouldn't buy it. Now would they?

How do they know they'll like it before they've brought it? it's not a brand of cigarettes, you buy it once and if it's not your thing tough luck, if it is, good! cause your part of the sales figures either way. No one is disputing a turn based system as a selling point, but the chances are a majority of people who brought it did so because it was Star Wars.

How do they know they'll like it before they've brought it?
If they choose to, there are always a ton of reviews and previews for a game (especially star wars games) as well as lots of player reviews as well. It was made very clear up front what kind of game KOTOR was, so there really isn't any excuse for someone to not know at least what kind of game they were buying. I would suggest that most people had an idea of what kind of game they are buying...

it's not a brand of cigarettes, you buy it once and if it's not your thing tough luck, if it is, good! cause your part of the sales figures either way.
Sure they are a part, but I think it is safe to say they are in no way a large part. If real-time turn-based was unpopular, you would have heard about it in the reviews, and the sales would have tapered off as more people became aware of it. Instead, the game was immensely popular, and led to sequel of the same kind that also sold extremely well.

No one is disputing a turn based system as a selling point, but the chances are a majority of people who brought it did so because it was Star Wars.
Probably, but it still has to be a good game. There have been many poor SW games that have ended in poor sales. It takes a game with fundamental parts that people enjoy as well to result in not only one of the best selling Star Wars games of all time, but an all-time best seller for the console.

^^

I like It the way it is, I'm primarily a Star Wars Fan, although I did know what I was buying when they came out. I am just pointing out some argument's for, because some of the arguments against have been a bit lazy, people have been mis-quoted too. Hey, a lot of this stuff is unprovable anyway, I'm not gonna take your word for it like you shouldn't take mine :)

What in the hell is you talking about?

A question I ask myself every single time you post something...

I said your assumption here: LA Forums and Gamespot that you value so highly.

Was wrong! :)

I do not see where I made an assumption.

Well, I'm only register at Gamespot and Lucasarts, but when skim through other sites I see more and more and more people complaining about the turn-base combat in TSL.

That's all!

This indeed looks like you sure 'value' what is said on those forums... or am I "assuming"? Again?

But if I am 'assuming' then what was the above statement for?

Also sales aren't no good indicator that people like the turn-base combat in the KOTOR and TSL, that info could mean anything, RedHawke. :)

Wow! Just wow! This statement is pure and utter schlock! And laughable at best! :lol:

Sorry Windu, but you are not too 'keen' on how the real world operates.

The D20 turn-based system might not have had a great effect on the very earliest sales of KotOR I, but after it was well reviewed, it probably drew many fans from the RPG community(as opposed to the original audience of Star Wars junkies). The sales of the second one, however, most certainly indicate that the turn based system worked, at least for someone, in the gaming community.

The D20 turn-based system might not have had a great effect on the very earliest sales of KotOR I, but after it was well reviewed, it probably drew many fans from the RPG community(as opposed to the original audience of Star Wars junkies). The sales of the second one, however, most certainly indicate that the turn based system worked, at least for someone, in the gaming community.

Exactly.

And if the game sold so well with no complaints about the turn based system (even this kid wanting it changed seems okay with it), I very much doubt the devs will bother completely re-designing the game for a third installment, for no real reason. They'll see it as an unnecessary risk.

I see it as a pointless risk too. Minor tweaks are fine, but why take a chance totally changing the game genre that could kill the franchise when the current system is fine? I don't particularly want to chance it. Fighting isn't a game priority ayway. I want another great story and possibly some arc resolution and I don't want to endure a balls'd up fighting system to experience it.

A question I ask myself every single time you post something...

Well, you're going to continue to be asking. ;)

This indeed looks like you sure 'value' what is said on those forums... or am I "assuming"? Again?

Assuming!

But if I am 'assuming' then what was the above statement for?

I said, when I look at other gaming forums, I see many people having some kind of complaint about the dice combat.

Wow! Just wow! This statement is pure and utter schlock! And laughable at best! :lol:

And your love for dice combat is just plain laughable. :lol:

Sorry Windu, but you are not too 'keen' on how the real world operates.

Yeah, whatever, girl/man. :)

i think that k3 should have longer turrent battles and perhaps more puzzles but harder like you need to use tactics to get pass the level and no loading between maps instead you have to like kill or get a high lv before going to the next stage i think that will be fun and some games i have played uses the headset with microphone to send orders to your team like you don't use your hands just your voice to guide the party its a lot of fun to dod it like that

Assuming!

Apparently not...

I said, when I look at other gaming forums, I see many people having some kind of complaint about the dice combat.

Yes, then by stating this you are indeed placing 'value' on it by using it in your arguments... so my assumptions about your 'valuing them' are indeed correct.

And your love for dice combat is just plain laughable. :lol:

Your above statement about game sales is laughable because it shows your ignorance of the business world.

My "love for dice combat" is laughable for what reason? Other than your insistance that you speak for a silent 'majority' that really isn't there.

Also immature copying of my statements back at me will get you nowhere here.

Yeah, whatever, girl/man. :)

Perhaps in 20 or so years you can come back and discuss things with me, until then I put you in the 'odd little kid who hasn't expirienced reality beyond his parents house' catagory.

Apparently not...

Yes, then by stating this you are indeed placing 'value' on it by using it in your arguments... so my assumptions about your 'valuing them' are indeed correct.

You are saying that sales of the game mean people like the dice combat in the game, you're placing value on that.

Your above statement about game sales is laughable because it shows your ignorance of the business world.

Ok, Mr or Mrs, or whatever you are; you don't know nothing about what I understand, so you can assume what you want.

I know the world is greedy and corrupt.

You're not informing me with nothing new, RedHawke.

My "love for dice combat" is laughable for what reason? Other than your insistance that you speak for a silent 'majority' that really isn't there.

Because you enjoy throwing dice to win a fight in a game, that's what is funny to me. :lol:

Also immature copying of my statements back at me will get you nowhere here.

Oh, you got to go calling people names, now.

Huh!

Who is more mature here? :)

Perhaps in 20 or so years you can come back and discuss things with me, until then I put you in the 'odd little kid who hasn't expirienced reality beyond his parents house' catagory.

I see you're really piss off with me. :lol:

You know I can get really angry with you now, but forget it.

I'm going to go cool off. ;)

Huh!

He's just calling a spade a spade really...

People like the D20 ruleset because it (in most cases, at least) involves a little more strategy than just tapping buttons. The fun really comes from leveling up and shaping your character's own unique abilities whilst roleplaying. The D&D style gameplay gives you the best chance at enjoying that element of roleplaying. Action CRPGs are good sometimes too but it would be a shame to change the way the game is played at this point. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Logically, Windu Chi, Knights of the Old Republic wouldn't have gotten Game of the Year if people didn't like the combat system, it's a fairly integral part of gameplay. Besides, what you're requesting has already been done, and is being done again: See Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

IMO, As long as HK-47 is back in the Third One...I really enjoy his personality a lot. Also, I would love to see a Jedi Droid...Not like that sicko Grievous, but an actual droid(i guess would have had to be an organic meatbag at some point in time) that can use the Force and wield melee weapons and lightsabers.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Knights

You mean like one of those guys?

Yes...like an Iron Knight, but at the same time, I do not want it to be an Force Sensitive life-form whose sole-dependance on life is the droid body...That would not make for an intersting background. I want it to be more like someone, sith or Jedi, who was killed in a fierce battle, but was so great in life, that his...or her...peers tried to keep them around by preventing death through the force, implanted the brain into a container that hooked up to a cybernetic interface to control the droid body that also gave life to the brain through bacta or some life-giving fluid. It would be just that much more interesting other than the opposite which would be, i.e:

Droid: Well, my history is not an exciting one.

Main Character: 1. If you would rather not share it.

->2. I am very interested to hear your story.

3. Maybe another time then.

Droid: Well, alright. It isn't much of a story. I was born and implanted into this robotic body to keep me alive.

Main Character: ->1. Is that it?

2. Wow, that was short. You are boring.

3. Why did I keep you in my party again?

What you suggest would be such a blatant rip off of Grievous it would not even be funny- and Grievous was not a good idea to begin with.

I personally would like to see Canderous, HK-47, and T3-M4 return. Of course, Revan too, but that seems implied.

You are saying that sales of the game mean people like the dice combat in the game, you're placing value on that.

Yet another avoidance response from you...

Ok, Mr or Mrs, or whatever you are; you don't know nothing about what I understand, so you can assume what you want.

I know the world is greedy and corrupt.

You're not informing me with nothing new, RedHawke.

More uneccisary babble...

Because you enjoy throwing dice to win a fight in a game, that's what is funny to me. :lol:

How this has anything to do with my responses to you is beyond me...

Huh!

Sorry but WTH? Where do I call you anything directly?

You are quite the questionable one here, not I... your debating skills also are lacking.

I see you're really piss off with me. :lol:

Nothing of the sort... Where do you infer anger with my posts?

Your whole reply's to me are nothing but simple attempts to try and avoid the questions posed to you about your statements. Since you cannot or will not answer them sensibly your credibility takes a nose-dive.

You know I can get really angry with you now, but forget it.

I'm going to go cool off. ;)

Get angry for me for what? Questioning you?

Now that's comedy. :lol:

Not to break your roll, Hawke, but I think you can stop debating - He's banned.

Isn't it beautiful?

I'm sure, however, that Hawke is very disappointed that his favorite debate buddy is gone, arn't you Hawke?

Kinda! Nothing is Impossible! :xp: -RH

As far as adding things to the game... I say update the graphics of the game, add a little more detail to the models as an option, and keep the gameplay and dialog system and continue on. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Actually, now that I have reviewed some of the content that MASS EFFECT is going to have, I think the dialog system could do a boosting, with more facial expressions, and some new attack patterns will be good too.
I was just going to say that some of the improvements of Mass Effect would be great. But you beat me to it. :)

Archived