Home

Screenshots?

horsedrowner

Yes, but IIRC you need to enable it first by making an addition to the ini-file the game uses to register preferences. I don't recall the code or where it goes off the top of my head, though.

EDIT: Ah yes, it's all here: http://aeons.planetquake.gamespy.com/aeons-php/kotor2_faq.php#How_to_get_clean_(HUD-free)_screenshots_in_KotOR_II?

Or to put it simply: Open your swkotor2.ini file (in a text-editor, notepad or similar) in the game's directory, then add the line "EnableScreenShot=1" under the "[Game Options]" heading (and actually, I'd suggest you add "EnableCheats=1" while you're at it - it goes in the same place and doesn't mean that you're cheating, just that you have the option to do so later).

Anyway, once you've added the "EnableScreenShot=1" line you should be able to produce screenshots in TIFF-format whenever you play the game and press the PrintScreen/SysRq key.

Or to put it simply: Open your swkotor2.ini file (in a text-editor, notepad or similar) in the game's directory, then add the line "EnableScreenShot=1" under the "[Game Options]" heading (and actually, I'd suggest you add "EnableCheats=1" while you're at it - it goes in the same place and doesn't mean that you're cheating, just that you have the option to do so later).

Strange, I don't remember ever having to do anything like that. Did some games come like that automatically, or did it come with an update, or what?

By the way, just for future reference, how would I go about taking a screen shot without the screen interface showing up?

Press the "Print Screen" button on the top right of your keyboard, then open it up in a program like Paint.

Well, this I knew already, but I want them to save automatically to a file. The EnableScreenShot option was already set to 1, but it still doesn't work. In TSL however I haven't got any problems at all. And I'd rather not use some other program.

Archived