Home

The Art Thread for Non-artists!

Bee Hoon

Her nose and mouth seem a little out of alignment.[/Quote]

That's because I suck at drawing faces :xp:

Some of the lines (depicting the folds of fabric) at the armpit and on the pants bother me, but I can't really say why :/[/Quote]

I can tell what you mean - I might have been a bit overzealous when it came to adding lines - I'm trying to ink it in GIMP now, so I don't think all the lines will be used.

Other than that, nice work!

Thank you! I like your Shepherd too. Hepatitis lectures must really be boring! :lol:

(what was it? Iridonian?). We've only ever seen Darth Maul and Bao-Dur!

Yep that was the plan :)

Though if her lips get some colour it might be more 'female', though I went for a sort of strong fem character :lol:

Quanon, hehe, yeah. Are you planning to colour her lips? Onoez Quanon doesn't like Mary-Sues :lol:

Astor_Kaine, hehe, I haven't actually coloured anything other than bears, so any tips on colouring would be good. Oh, I used to be really bad at it (every face I drew in profile would have looked like a cyclops if you saw it from the front), but eventually it was the only thing I doodled :p I find it helpful to just look at right fabric/pictures to get an idea. Or since I always draw fanart, the ingame model :p

If first time you did too many, I think this time you could add a *few* more lines.

The human body isn't plain. It has loads of bends and curves and lines that you can evidence better thru shading, but if shading not available, a few more lines too the plain aspect will d only better. Try to find a balance between the first and the second attempt.

Lookin' good, Quanon!

So i'm going to see the Dark Knight tonight, and i've been getting pumped all day. I've watched Batman Begins, and some of the animated series, but it still wasn't enough.

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=1245

Pretty crappy looking, no?

picture.php?albumid=100&pictureid=1244

Much better! ;)

Nice idea, Bee. While I don't consider myself an amateur, I don't consider myself an artist either, much less a professional. My biggest problem is that I'm clueless when it comes to computerized painting of scanned images. I'm pretty good at drawing with a pencil, but I'd like to be able to do some nice coloring in Photoshop, starting with inking. This is why I'd appreciate anyone who knows how to do these things, or knows of good tutorials to post some links, or his/her own tutorials.

And now, here's a recent drawing I did when I was extremely bored. Yup, it's a Jedi.

copyofscan0001fe5.jpg

Edit: Here's my most recent attempt at Photoshop coloring. Since you haven't seen my earlier attempts you can take my word that it's an improvement.

jedivn2.jpg

Quanon, very nice! She looks very kickass :p

Astor_Kaine, it does look great with colour! The face seems a bit out of alignment, but I love the purple on his mask and cape :D

igyman, thanks!:p Nice colours and cool lightsaber shinyness! :p The folds on his robes look a little off, and his waist is awfully small (dammit, makes me so envious :p), but overall looks great!

Archived