Home

Monkey Island 1 remake - come on

paprik123456

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Paprik is off elsewhere doing things much more productive... At least, I hope he is! He didn't seem to take up anyone's offer of help, so I can only assume (hope) that he's busy on another, more productive, forum that's teeming with talented bods.
Yes he has, he's just not been talking about all of it on here. I stared a new job jast week myself (8AM-5:30PM 6 days a week); which means I've had less time for internet forum stuff too.

I couldn't help with Programming or Design or anything like that, but if you're pretty much redesigning the characters, the background, and everything else, I could probably get you some voice-overs. They wouldn't be the same voice-overs as the other Monkey Island games, but they would be belieable nonetheless.

And no, this won't cost you anything.

If you're interested, please E-mail me:

Undernet01@Shaw.ca

Well, actually, there is no need to "bump" a two days old thread, which also was still the first (after the stickies) listed on page one. People will find it if they have something to post, and just because it's been bumped doesn't mean new posts will flood in. :¬:

In fact, this wasn't bumpage, but double posting which is only allowed to our almighty dictThrik.

I might add that this kind of behaviour might cause the admins to reduce the insane post count of yours towards nada.

• 3 weeks later...

those of you wanting to help paprik make this game reality might be pleased to know that he has been sighted here

http://www.worldofmi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3217

here

http://www.worldofmi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6009

and more recently, here

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2354877#post2354877

he seems to need help, and you guys sound good enough to lend a hand.

laters.

I dont see the point of doing this.

Not to be a jerk, I mean, I can see the personal gains one can get from working on any kind of project that can show their skills as an artist or programmer.

But uh, you guys do know that Lucas will shut you down/sue you any way they can right?

More power to you, but fanmade remakes suck 9 times out of 10 anyways.

(That 1 belongs to Maniac Mansion Deluxe by the way, and they only win cause they stuck to the basics.)

I'm a huge Monkey Island fan...and in my fourth or fifth time returning to play monkey island 1, I noticed that unless I change my screen resolution to 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600, I can not play the game, unless I allow it to take up only 50% of the screen, and even then, the edges of the game are cutoff.

I propose that if a remake is in order, the graphics be fit or configurable for HD resolutions. At least 1280 x 720 compatible. As technology grows and expands, we dont want to leave monkey island behind.

I'm waiting for the movie to come out too btw...I am involved in video production and wouldnt mind helping out a movie should it be in the works, but as far as creating the game, I'll just test it when it comes out...I would love to play it on my 32 inch monitor, please dont remake the game and keep people in my situation out of the playing loop!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Guys, some of you are right. I haven't been answering for long time, but I want to tell you what is new now. Me and my friend still work on this project, but very very slowly. I am still looking for character artist who will make great characters with animation. Our home-made engine works with sprites. So all backgrounds, all animations, anything in game is 2D. After 1yr when I spoke to Ron Gilbert he changed mind and He disagree with Monkey Island 1 remake, but we don't care actually and his classic game will never be forgotten. He doesnt have to be worried about that. Remake will have 800x600, without menu its 800x640. Most of the pictures has long distance scrolling. Many people offered me help, but 99 percents of them were pretty beginners and we dont want to make game with bad graphic and animations. So there are only 3 people, who work on this project: Me as a Artist, Friend as a programmer and Friend as a musician. There are very good talented guys and we all works for free. They are from Czech Republic as me, but I am the one, who lives in USA-Illinois and work for High Voltage company. We are very busy guys, but we love what we do, so one day we will finish this project, and then, I will go to jail probably :o)))) Some of the pictures already got new coat and has richer details. Pictures which you can find on my website are old. There is also a guy from MixnMojo, who work on MIremake website, which should be done till New Year 2008. My personnal website should be done in 2 weeks. Any questions send to my email: patrikspacek@yahoo.com

• 1 month later...
Can somebody help me with MI 1 remake? I am very good background artist and I need character artists and programmers....thank you

Hi paprik!

First of all congrats for the wonderful 3d artwork that represents the Melee Island without losing the original feel of the area.

If you still need programers, I will be happy to help. As I am doing a PhD and I have to fisnish my quals at February, I am very keen to start working at March.

Regarding my experience with computer programming, I have a BSc&MSc in computer engineering, I have been programming mostly in C/C++ since high school and I have professional experience. So far I haven't programmed computer graphics (apart from some ultra short games which I had coded as a child and worked in DOS, no directx back then!), but I will be very happy to get familiar to DirectX/OpenGL libraries if Secret of Monkey Island is to be remade!

Apart from that I must say that MI1 is my favorite game and I have been waiting for years for people to remake it. I even though of doing this myself, but my artistic skills wouldn't do justice to the game.

if you are interested, please send me an email at:

meleeisle 'at' gmail 'dot' com (replace 'at' and 'dot' with the well known symbols ;-) )

Archived