Home

Balancing suggestions

Faelion

Gunners

As a good gunner and saberist in OJP, I noticed that a Jedi class is far easier than a gunner in a long term sense. I play last man standing with bots now mostly, so as a gunner I end up doing very well on the first round, but that is when I have all of my ammunition.

The second round is okay, but I end up using nearly all of my ammo.

The third round, I'm out. I don't think gunners should have to die to keep playing (the alternative being to find a high camping place with a jetpack and shooting pistol shots down).

A jedi does not need to die. Grab a health pack and I am set.

So I wanted to think of a better way to handle the ammo situation. I came up with two decent options: An holdable recharger or ammo as another meter that recharges. It could still be the same ammo degeneration (rockets could drain one third, pistols drain none, and blasters drain 1/300). Then gunners could be lasting as a Jedi. The way it is, without some way to get ammo by yourself, it is bad to play against all jedi.

Dual sabers bug

When I throw a lightsaber in any stance but the dual stance, I have two sabers mind you, it turns off and the one in my left hand turns on. (I am holding force throw down, and the saber spins with no blade)

Force

When and why did you change it so you had to respawn to get new force powers? That was awesome! You didn't (I don't think you should) have to die to become stronger. If you think it gave too much power to change quickly, could you have Jedi meditate (taunt) for a set period to change them?

Oh one more, occassionally my saber falls into a pit (like t3_rift) when I throw it. Is it supposed to be lost forever? Realistic, yes; annoying, oh yeah.

It works either way for that one. Realism is good too.

Edit: Thought of one more. The NPC's aim is bad. If I stand there, they continuously aim over my left shoulder.

Edit: While I was playing a second ago, I found that the new jetpack is bugged (as cool as it may seem). I was able to do the dual saber jumping/spinning move (UP+JUMP+ATTACK1) and then activate my jetpack. I was able to recreate it, though a little hard, but I got a screenshot. (How do you put a screenshot in the forum anyway?)

So, any further suggestions or suggestions to my suggestions?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing LMS (which is awesome now that it works) as a gunner...after around the third round yeah your just pretty much totally outta ammo. And yeah when did you change where you didnt need to die? Now I don't play as sith often but when I do I noticed you have to die to get new force. So...make so we cant activate Jetpack while doing special moves...should be easy...i'll look into it.

Edit: Yay im no longer a lurker...im a rookie :p.

I don't like ammo regeneration, it was already established that inifnite ammo is bad. Although, for LMS, I've already suggested that EVERYBODY respawns, winners and losers, that way gunners spawn with all their ammo, and can apply their newly earned points without having to die.

I've already suggested that EVERYBODY respawns, winners and losers

That will not work out in CTF. If you have the flag and kill the last person on the other team, then you'll lose a point! (or not gain one)

Edit: Can you make it wait for the living team to get a point from a capture?

Why not just get some more ammo when you kill somebody? It could be like they took it off their corpse. So what if jedis don't carry ammo, we'll just 'pretend' they do. Its more logical then ammo magically appearing from your FP! :p

Players can already get more ammo by picking up the weapons dropped by other players when they die.

razorace: Players can already get more ammo by picking up the weapons dropped by other players when they die.

True, however, the weapon they are currently using is all that is dropped. You only get that if you're lucky! If they have a pistol, saber, or melee you receive nothing at all.

Edit: Can you make them drop all of their weapons?

If you purchased it like any other weapon you'd still need to die to receive another (though it was a decent idea, maybe if you didn't need to die it'd work out the best). Rechargers in a map would not be acceptable. "Custom maps" would have the problems then.

You could make weapons using energetic-type ammo regenerable. No rockets nor nades.

A nice thing would be to have shield absorb energy from shots and saber attacks and reammo them.

One could also sacrifice shield to get additional charges to shoot.

I'd just like to say that the reason why skills were altered so that they were given after death was to remove the exploitation of people getting skills that were not dynamic, then when spawning they would remove those skills that were not dynamic and choose the dynamic skills which would have them get the best of both worlds.

I'd just like to say that the reason why skills were altered so that they were given after death was to remove the exploitation of people getting skills that were not dynamic, then when spawning they would remove those skills that were not dynamic and choose the dynamic skills which would have them get the best of both worlds.

Oh, that is understandable. There was no way around it?

You could make weapons using energetic-type ammo regenerable. No rockets nor nades.

A nice thing would be to have shield absorb energy from shots and saber attacks and reammo them.

One could also sacrifice shield to get additional charges to shoot.

That one sounds pretty good. No "unlimited rockets" factor. Though, I usually don't have any shields. (I like to spend my points)

If it did recharge that way, would power cells be charged?

Edit: maybe with enough good ideas we could have a poll.

Well, in fact I think it's a good idea to need to respawn to apply new points, so you can't make scripts to quickly change your powers an get full lightning, then press another button and get full absorb etc...

There are lots of other ways we could've done this man, it's just that this was the easiest and least time consuming. If we ever get to discuss this part of the system again we should probably brainstorm about some kind of levelup mode that enables you to spend points, or get some kind of randomized spot in maps that'll allow you to buy and sell like some kind of bank thing. I don't know if that's possible without decompiling the map and blabla though.

Whether or not the force powers are changeable, gunners still have ammo problems. (aka: still weaker than Jedi)

Jedi have rechargable power. Mercs have flamethrowers, but they were weakened considerably.

Seekers get destroyed quickly (and kill unsuspecting allies sometimes), and sentry turrets don't move.

Force fields are one time use. (needs to come back after a couple mins)

The pistol shoots sooooo slowly. If it had its charge mode maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

The clone rifle is near useless since its shots go everywhere with the mishap-accuracy system.

The rocket launcher has a long reload rate (where you can't even switch weapons while it is loading) and only three shots.

Thermal detonators only knock people down rather than blowing them up. Thermals could be better even with one shot that actually does something.

The blaster rifle doesn't have full auto mode, though it does do decent damage (though with full auto there would be similar problems to the clone rifle).

Cloak doesn't cloak (it makes you "The Blur").

The bowcaster and disruptor are great, while I have ammo. (though I'd like the bowcaster's primary and secondary fires swapped.)

Archived