Home

Balancing suggestions

Faelion

Whoops I think meant "unless" not "until"..

I mean when you play with bunch of friends you can adjust rules so the game is balanced and at the same time has many possibilities. You usually can't do that on servers with heavy traffic.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly the insinuation is that:

1) You actually got him down to just pistol, the last resort, and you have no backup weapon. Even Obi-Wan pulled a pistol when the chips were down.

and

2) You didn't kill him before you ran out of force. The pistol is nowhere near as good as you're implying.

If both are true you deserve to be killed so easily since the idea mandates a fairly generous cap that I envision would last a tad longer than a relatively full ammo stock. Every other possible situation boils down to either bad luck or poor planning, and in both instances you should die.

• 4 weeks later...

I think we need drastic changes to the way gun vs jedi works right now. It's far too unrealistic and sluggish/chunkish to play with as it is :(

Here goes:

HALF the dp damage (deflection damage) some guns do now, LOWER the amount of HP damage they do, drastically increase their fire rate to almost double what it is now.

This won't change a lot in survivability of jedi and gunners, but it will enable gunners to fire off a lot more rounds before the jedi comes close and manage the damage they do a lot more while simultaneously being the commanding force that governs the distance between the gunner and the target. The difference it'll make now is that gunners will have a lot more viable options up close and will be able to hit jedi a lot more often that way (even if for far less damage, it adds up). Jedi will actually feel more like jedi and not like ... well... guys that got a few lucky deflects if you don't mind me putting it that way.

It'll look better, feel better, give more opportunity for heated battles where strategy and wit count and will certainly make aiming something to fear.

Also, the critical range for DP should be lowered a lot. With 60 DP I'm already flashing and moving a lot slower than I should be at 35 DP sometimes which makes it hard to kill gunners. If we're making the switch to a 100(%) dp pool, then 35 would seem fair.

This should change the current jedi vs gunner (and gunner vs gunner) dynamic a bit in favour of faster, but ALSO more thought out action.

Also, the critical range for DP should be lowered a lot. With 60 DP I'm already flashing and moving a lot slower than I should be at 35 DP sometimes which makes it hard to kill gunners. If we're making the switch to a 100(%) dp pool, then 35 would seem fair.

Don't look at me. I wasn't in fair of making people with critical DP move slower. :|

Don't look at me. I wasn't in fair of making people with critical DP move slower. :|

I know exactly who's to 'blame'. don't worry :) I just can't say anything directly anymore without the banality filter picking up my posts as a fight-starter.

It kinda makes sense to me.

Compare dodge points with your current condition.

The more hits you have to dodge, the more tired you get, until you're in the critical range, where you can just barely dodge a move before being too exhausted to jump or slide out of the way =P. (even though the usually matrix style dodge animations don't really seem to show dodging as a tiring process, lol)

-0mega-']It kinda makes sense to me.

Compare dodge points with your current condition.

The more hits you have to dodge, the more tired you get, until you're in the critical range, where you can just barely dodge a move before being too exhausted to jump or slide out of the way =P. (even though the usually matrix style dodge animations don't really seem to show dodging as a tiring process, lol)

What post or idea are you talking about?

Archived