MacTavish

What Media Player do you have?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What Media Player do you have?

• HD DVD
    • Blu-Ray
    • DVD
    • other

I'm not upgrading from regular DVDs until I see what eventually becomes more popular and/or widespread. It'll be a sad day when I do upgrade though, since my whole movie collection is DVDs, and I'll be set back just a few dollars if I have to buy every one of them again.

I think the HD DVD player is compatible with regular DVD's.

I as well will be waiting to see how the battle between the two formats pans out... They definitely need to come down in price before they become mainstream. I'd kind of like to see HD-DVD come out on top.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for the dust to settle on this fight, too. We don't get rid of our older stuff when the new comes along, though--it's just too expensive with all the music and videos we've acquired over 20-ish years. We actually still have vinyl LPs (33's and 45's) in a box in the basement and cassette tapes in a cabinet, and a turntable and cassette player to handle both. No 8-tracks, though, sorry. We have a dual VHS/DVD player to play those. When HD or Blu-ray has a good amount of material available on it and one of our current players just isn't doing the job anymore, we'll move to that format as well.

You'll take me away from my DVDs kicking and screaming. Should one next-gen HD format win the war, and when the prices drop to current DVD prices, I might upgrade. The last DVD player I bought cost $60, and I get DVDs for $12-$15. The HD formats have a loong way to go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived