Home

Need for Speed

MacTavish

What do you think of Need for Speed?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Need for Speed?

• Awesome game!
    • Terrible
    • It's Okay...
    • never played it

Never played Need for Speed, though I've played NFS2, NFS3, NFS: Hot Pursuit II and Underground II. IMO, NFS3 was the best, because it had the best unadulterated NFS gameplay. Hot Pursuit II had the best speed realism, but was very arcade-ish. Underground II was a big, plain bore.

I've never played any Need For Speed games. I want to play one so which one would y'all recommend I get? Sounds like Sabretooth thinks its NFS 3.

NFS 3 is good, but since it is old it might be hard to find in stores. So if you cant find that you should play Need for Speed:Most Wanted, since it is the prequel to Need for Speed: Carbon.

I've never played any Need For Speed games. I want to play one so which one would y'all recommend I get? Sounds like Sabretooth thinks its NFS 3.

If you want classic, unadulterated NFS action, I'd say you take NFS3. Finding it could be a little tough, but it's fun and its graphics aren't all that bad, atleast if you disable Software Rendering :p

NFS4 is good, too. It contains everything NFS3 had and a lot more, so there is always this thing to fall back on.

The never games since Underground all involve racing in crummy city tracks, sickening rap music, car modifications, paint jobs and all that stuff. Basically, they are all aimed towards the Tuner culture.

The last real NFS game was, I'd say, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.

The never games since Underground all involve racing in crummy city tracks, sickening rap music, car modifications, paint jobs and all that stuff. Basically, they are all aimed towards the Tuner culture.

The last real NFS game was, I'd say, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.

The next Need for Speed that EA is making is called Need for Speed: ProStreet you tune your car alot but you race on a professional track, alot like Forza.

The next Need for Speed that EA is making is called Need for Speed: ProStreet you tune your car alot but you race on a professional track, alot like Forza.

Precisely. Real Need for Speed games were set in exotic locations, like an icy mountain, or a desert, or a jungle, or a beautiful countryside with dover-style cliffs and so on. You got to race stock, exotic cars that you'd normally dream of. And you didn't have to spend a month "unlocking" content just to get that car you saw on the cover. That was real Need for Speed fun.

I enjoyed playing Hot Pursuit for the short time that it was fun. The cop chases became ridiculously redundant and hardly worth it.

Underground2 was also briefly entertaining. Conquering that city was a bit more challenging. Drag racing sucked though. I wish they would have let me look around while driving. I hated having to turn the car to look down streets.

The visuals in Carbon were swizz-eet in HD. But, drifting was a drag. No pun intended. The cutscenes were liquid anime, but too much of a contrast to the regular gameplay. Soundtrack bit.

I played them for what they were and enjoyed them, but I like GT4, PGR and Forza2 a little better.

They're closer to real racing.

My first NFS game was Hot Pursuit (NFS3). It kept me entertained for quite a few hours, but i got really tired of the damn cops by the end of the game.

The best NFS game was probably Porsche Unleashed (NFS 5). It had great graphic (for the time); realistic steering, accelerating and car damage, amongst other things.

Underground series were pretty poor, IMO. I got bored with them quickley.

Most Wanted deserves a special mention. I had a lot of fun with that game. It was not realistic, but that's fine. NFS series have never been realisitc (except PU ofcourse). The cop chases were a lot of fun (much better than in Hot Pursuit), and the storyline (featuring some funny full-motion video clips) was enjoyable.

Carbon, i haven't played yet.

Most Wanted deserves a special mention. I had a lot of fun with that game. It was not realistic, but that's fine. NFS series have never been realisitc (except PU ofcourse). The cop chases were a lot of fun (much better than in Hot Pursuit), and the storyline (featuring some funny full-motion video clips) was enjoyable.

Carbon, i haven't played yet.

if you liked most wanted, you should definently play carbon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

NFS: Hot Pursuit 2. Great game. I really only like the NFS games were you outrun the cops. I thought NFS: Underground II was a bit cheesy though. Is there not enough "illegal street racing" games out there? Regardless, the NFS series was good overall.

The NFS games has gone downhill since Hot Pursuit for the PS1.

I would say that they have gone downhill since NFS: Underground 2. The first one on the Underground line was very good, but since then, they have been releasing the same game all over again with minimal graphical changes, adding things that are old (Cops) and keeping old formulas (tuning). Pretty much like EA spirit.

Archived