Home

How cool would this be as a RPG world

We might be in for something like that with Bioware's new MMO. Rumor has it that it's set in the KotOR universe.

Which i think would be ultimately cool, but i have a feeling they won't be doing that now, :( but Force Unleased online, hmmm that would be pretty cool, I'd settle for any new Star Wars MMO instead of SWG, and a KotOR one would be what i vote for but if it is a force unleashed style of game play i wouldn't mind.

A bit off topic but how cool would this be as a RPG internet world. Redevelop it with a load of planet worlds and have something like world of warcraft. You customize your character and then play a role like smuggler or a stormtrooper working for the imperials. Played on Xbox360.
Would be if a company could pull it off, but i doubt it! Just look at Galaxies and you'll see what a horrible attempt that was :dozey:

Well, pre sony screw up Galaxies is sort of doing that. I still remember the time where my friend pulled a big Krayt into town, and the whole world comes to help (and get much xp) Those were the days where Jedi does not even exist, and though things can be glitchy at times it is fun. Better than the "new horrid exp" change where everyone and their grandma's gizka is a jedi.

Sounds nothing like Force Unleashed...

The appeal of TFU is that you get to do all the cool stuff with the force.

The unappeal of RPGs is that you don't actually control actions, you just dictate them

I love RPGs myself, but I know that plenty of people simply don't enjoy them, because they don't fell in control.

But even for me, TFU doesn't seem like a game that should be an RPG. The point of the game conflicts with the gameplay of an RPG.

And anything else is just SWG or KOTOR.

SWG- A disappointing game that was apparently made even worse. I wouldn't know, I got bored before the big changes.

Well, I used to love SWG. But it is not fair from my mouth though. I start playing within the first few days(actually first few hours, using my friend's account when he is asleep even before my copy is installed)

It is nice to se a Star Wars related world got built up from almost nothingness. From the glitchy start where you cannot sometimes take back your dead body(yes you read it right) to the empty dunceons and playgrounds, to new things like populated places, player houses, guilds, quests, events, mounts, celebrations. Oh and a bunch of people helping each other for real, like doing quests and killing things for the more smithy classes, finishing quests, Beach Parties.

Point? The game had a good start, but they skrew it up with poor developments, especially later on, and things like jedi swarm is just stupid.

Well, I would say no MMO for Star Wars for the time being. Maybe in the future, but definitely not now. And if anything kotor would be a better time, with more room for playing around.

A new Star Wars MMO would be ****ing great. The problem is I don't think Lucasarts has the skill to make a working game with a good community, servers and overall gameplay.

Galaxies would be playable if it wasn't in the Beta-stage even though it was released years ago.

Archived