Home

PCGameMods FAQs

Jae Onasi

Q: Is PCGameMods down?

A: If you're reading this thread, it's probably down. Sometimes it's working, sometimes it's not. That's the way it is with this site as of the date of this post. The site owner provided a wonderful service for all of us for a long time, and for a variety of reasons is not able to do that any more the way he used to. So, we thank him for what he was able to do for us on his own time and at no charge to us.

Q: When will it be back up?

A: We don't really know. It may or may not come back.

Q: Isn't there anything you can do?

A: We're sorry, but we're in the same boat as you, and we have no association with or control of this site.

Q: Where can I find the mods listed on PCGameMods?

A: Check out the Where can I find mods thread in the Holowan Labs section. There are a number of terrific sites listed. Also, check out our own Taris Upper City Emporium for mods made by fellow members. Failing that you can ask for a possible mod link in the Mod Link Requests from PCGM and other Sites thread in our Modding Requests Subforum.

Q: I want to start a thread here about X related to PCGameMods.

A: Please don't. Other threads on PCGameMods will be locked. Thanks for your cooperation.

Q: PCGameMods is now up/down. Should I ask about it or report the status?

A: No. Those threads will likewise be closed.

Q: Should I post in a Mods Release thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium (T.U.C.E.) to ask that a mod be re-hosted somewhere else?

A: No, posts doing this will now simply be deleted, please use the private message (PM) System to contact the mod author directly to ask this question.

Note: The thread is open for the time being, but it may get closed at some point. Please keep this limited to questions or directly relevant comments. Thanks. :)

From my understanding most direct linking doesn't work anymore. I have seen some work, but most of them do not. This is a really bad sign that we'll probably never see the site anymore. I just hope that people who have hosted mods with them know about this, especially those who were ONLY hosting their work there and work out a way to get them hosted in other places like FileFront (the site I manage), LucasFiles, or a personal website.

<3<3<3 I love this thread <3<3<3

So what is the current "state of the union" concerning mod hosting?

Might as well post that here too.

Jumstation del chainZ

Lucasfiles

I get the rest mixed up, so filla inna da blanks please.

Well it's probably a safe bet to say lucasfiles, kotor2files, and TUCE are the places that you will want to host them. Jumpstation is more of a linking site from what I have seen, it only hosts chainz's mods but is a good place to put a link to your own personal site. Which reminds me personal sites are also probably one of the best ideas.;)

Well it's probably a safe bet to say lucasfiles, kotor2files, and TUCE are the places that you will want to host them. Jumpstation is more of a linking site from what I have seen, it only hosts chainz's mods but is a good place to put a link to your own personal site. Which reminds me personal sites are also probably one of the best ideas.;)
Indeed, and QFE on all parts :)

While my site is 'mainly' for my mods (I host some other modder's mods as well.. just not publicly linked on my site).. I will gladly post links to other modders' personal websites. All you have to do is let me know via PM/email :D

You can find a large list of Free Web Hosting sites here.

It'd be nice to add a list of alternative links right after the whole "We do not speak of pcgamemods!" thing.

Perhaps so.. until then, we have this modders' site list in Holowan (posted in the first post). Though now that we have this Sticky, it might be more appropriate to list/mirror them here. Holowan, unfortunately, tends to "scare off" the mod-users-but-not-mod-makers crowd ... hehehe (we don't bite... much...:grnlgh: )

Good point RJM, methinks this point will have to be raised with the other Mods to see if they agree :thumbsup:

Thanks ChAiNz, of course it's easy for "us" to find mods in holowan, but some people might actually have problems finding them (I know I've seen some pretty screwed up modding sites) for various reasons. I guess holowan could induce technojargonphobia in some people.

But if they are going to spam here, a nice list should add to the warning's effectiveness.

Maybe we could have a poll here in Ahto to see what are the all-time most popular mods for noobs to try out, cause I know it can be quite confusing when you just get into KotOR mods to try and decide which ones are worth it or not...

And by ones that are worth it I mean ones that have been played through thoroughly, without all too many bugs, easy to use, cool, etc...

You can call me a forum n00b for this, but why the hell do trolls pop up on every forum I know and start asking why PCGameMods is down. I mean, why just PCGM? And why on every unconncected, random forum?

I think it's cause PCGameMods is what you would most easily fin in Google when you type in something like "Mods for PC Games" or whatever, hence it being so popular, hence people going "wtf?" when a site linked on Google doesn't work...

The problem with the poll, is that there are too many choices. It would have to be done more like the Ahtonaut awards. And even then it would be messy.

Here's my take on Featured Mods, in addition to host links such as lucasfiles, have a certain number of mod's linked which changes each month/week, featuring noteworthy mods, and possibly some which might have flown under the radar.

One thing about the Featured Mods section over at SWK that not alot of people have taken advantage of is that we accept reviews from EVERYONE. The header at the bottom of the page leads to player reviews of mods over the past years that have sparked some interest in a few players. ;)

If there's a mod that you like in particular that you think goes above & beyond, please feel free to write a review about it. Once our news posters take a look over it and if it gets approved, we'll gladly post the review and if possible, host the mod as well. Granted we'll need a copy of the mod and the modders' permission but at least it's an option :)

Please keep in mind we'd like for the review to be more than "It's great, download it!" and for the mod to have that little extra 'oomph' to it...hehehe

• 4 weeks later...

that sucks no offense to this place or to the other kotor/tsl mod places that I go to (I love them all because modding the game is fun lol) but that place had a larger archive tis a bloody shame it went down.

Thanks Jae Onasi for clearing that up^^

that sucks no offense to this place or to the other kotor/tsl mod places that I go to (I love them all because modding the game is fun lol) but that place had a larger archive tis a bloody shame it went down.

Thanks Jae Onasi for clearing that up^^

The guys who ran it backed up all the mods. I think they're all at the filefront server now.

Archived