Home

Global Warming

Fealiks

Well, theres was a few bits of bollocks in it. But i like the end.

Considering i spend my existence making sure children understand and appreciate what an amazing, complicated, rare, fragile and beautiful planet we got here; he gets my vote.

Basically i'm an outdoor tutor.

Well, I think a lot of evidence points to a global climate change is happening. It's debatable if caused by humans.

There was a documentation on German TV which was based on a BBC docu. Though they got rid of some errors of the original, some remained. They were arguing against human accountability.

It was easy to get swayed in their direction, even though they were very tabloidy by calling it "The Climate Swindle". Afterwards there was a discussion and I feared the 3 persons proclaimed as contrary to the documentation might have a weak position. They didn't really. No side can prove beyond doubt one way or the other.

The consensus was and has to be:

Don't act panicky. Don't believe everything you hear.

Think about what the source's agenda may be. Do they profit from their claims? Will they secure funds for one outcome, but not the other?

The docu did mainly focus on CO2 as the source of climate change. One should not forget about other factors. Also acting environment friendly mostly can't be such a bad thing. Even if CO2 isn't doing as much damage as some fear, not using a car or using something other than a combustion engine profits the shrinking oil resources.

The video:

The dude fails to see that the costs don't just vanish. Someone gets paid that money. If that someone is spending the money on the market that invested it: no harm done.

Buying oil and natural gas often means that money goes to Saudi Arabia or Russia. Do they spend a lot of money on western stuff?

Longer than I intended.

The video:

The dude fails to see that the costs don't just vanish. Someone gets paid that money. If that someone is spending the money on the market that invested it: no harm done.

Buying oil and natural gas often means that money goes to Saudi Arabia or Russia. Do they spend a lot of money on western stuff?

That's assuming the money only goes to one person or corporation. Your point is valid though, if it was decided that governments should start spending much larger amounts of money on dealing with climate change, there will always be someone waiting to cash in in some way or another. I do feel there would still be a depression though, if only for a short time and it may not last for as long as in the 30's (one could hope).

Effectively thia argument this person hasput about has gone just about everywhere on the internet in the past week or so and he does have a very good point, if you don't take the risk to start working now against something that may or may not be a threat, you'll lose control over the situation if it does become an issue.

Also acting environment friendly mostly can't be such a bad thing. Even if CO2 isn't doing as much damage as some fear, not using a car or using something other than a combustion engine profits the shrinking oil resources.
I second that!

Longer than I intended.
Long und dick, Frauenglück! XD

How many people in life have said if you don't try you'll never know.

It's difficult due to the fact we've forgotten how basic and primal we should think sometimes.

Yeah, i teach kids in a 90 acre forest all about ecology, reduce/reuse/recycle. Basically i'm crud at politics, intellectual thinking and have no head for business. So i attack the problem at it's source. These kids (if theres time) are gonna grow up and have a hell of an impact on this earth wether it be good or bad. If i do my job properly maybe they'll develop an environmentally sound attitude for later life.

I can't take on fat cats in parliment or design a new energy saving device, but maybe on of these guys might.

One thing I've noticed (not really on topic, but I thought it was interesting) was that in the past week or so, this video has been spreading round the internet like wildfire, and yet everyone I've seen linking to his video have been linking to the one on break.com. In fact, that's the only place I've seen it. Now that's not to say it's not on other websites, I haven't looked so I couldn't say, but I think it's rather nice that as important as this video is to the world, this guy chose to first post it on a website that will pay you $400 for every video of yours that appears on the front page (allegedly, I know that's what they advertise, but I've never heard of anyone getting the money).

Archived