Home

Down Or Broken Mod Link FAQ (Read Before Posting)

Addendum Jan 14, 2009: this policy now applies for all mods whose download links no longer work, please follow the same instructions as listed below in the last answer. Thanks.

Because of the on again/off again nature of PCGameMods.com and various other sites we have a FAQ. (Reposted here because this forum is browsed directly by people searching for mods.)

Q: Is PCGameMods down?

A: If you're reading this thread, it's probably down. Sometimes it's working, sometimes it's not. That's the way it is with this site as of the date of this post. The site owner provided a wonderful service for all of us for a long time, and for a variety of reasons is not able to do that any more the way he used to. So, we thank him for what he was able to do for us on his own time and at no charge to us.

Q: When will it be back up?

A: We don't really know. It may or may not come back.

Q: Isn't there anything you can do?

A: We're sorry, but we're in the same boat as you, and we have no association with or control of this site.

Q: I want to start a thread here about X related to PCGameMods.

A: Please don't. Other threads on PCGameMods will be locked. Thanks for your cooperation.

Q: PCGameMods, or other site, is now up/down. Should I ask about it or report the status?

A: No. Those threads will likewise be closed.

Q: Should I post in a Mods Release thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium (T.U.C.E.) to ask that a mod be re-hosted somewhere else, or ask for a working link, or state that the link is broken?

A: No, posts doing this will now simply be deleted and the poster(s) possibly infracted for spam, please use the private message (PM) System to contact the mod author directly to ask this question. Failing that, if the author has gone on to other things, you can ask for an old/down mod link from a thread here in the Mod Link Requests from PCGM and other Sites thread in our Modding Requests Subforum.

Q: Where can I find the mods listed on PCGameMods or any other dead Mod Site?

A: Check out the Where can I find mods thread in the Holowan Labs section. There are a number of terrific sites listed. Also, check out our own Taris Upper City Emporium for mods made by fellow members. Failing that you can ask for a possible mod link in the Mod Link Requests from PCGM and other Sites thread in our Modding Requests Subforum.

Discussion posts allowed here, unless the thread gets closed. ;)

Archived