Home

Species Traits returning!!!

Rogue15

mind if i quote it..

When Blix and the gang returned from the celebration summit a month or so ago, as usual he had his Big List O' Stuff comprised of the attendees comments, top issues and suggestions about the game.

One of the things on that list pointed out the lack of species differentiation. It just so happened that this was something I had personally been thinking about, and I wasn't happy with the state of it either. So I proposed a plan, he concurred with it and he carved out some time for me to revisit species traits.

So what follows is a comprehensive look at what's coming very soon:

Species Traits

In order to further differentiate species a number of new special abilities, skill bonuses and base statistic modifiers have been added.

-All species have received a combat oriented special ability. The reuse time these abilities are currently ten minutes.

-All species have received a trader specialization, if they lacked one previously.

-All species have received a non-trader bonus or specialization, if they lacked one previously.

-All species have received an additional 200 points worth of stat mods. This is in addition to class specific base stat mods, which have also changed from the standard across the board +90's at level 90. These are discussed below the upcoming section.

--Human Species Traits

Human Authority: You take charge of the situation granting your group mates and you a damage bonus.

+10 Group Buff Duration

+15 Artisan Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+50 Precision

+50 Strength

+50 Stamina

+50 Agility

--Wookiee Species Traits

Wookiee Roar: You let loose with a ferocious roar that is absolutely terrifying. The attack bypasses all opponent defenses, inflicts harm, partially paralyzes and reduces the combat effectiveness of all enemies around you.

+ 3 Creature Knowledge

+10 Chef Assembly

+5 Chef Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+10 Precision

+85 Strength

+85 Constitution

+40 Stamina

--Rodian Species Traits

Hunter's Tenacity: You focus your determination reducing all action costs for a period of time.

+3 Droid Tracks (Bounty Hunter)

+10 Weapon Assembly

+5 Weapons Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+80 Precision

+20 Stamina

+80 Agility

+20 Luck

--Bothan Species Traits

Blend-In: You blend in with your immediate surroundings, becoming almost undetectable. Though you can creep about slowly any posture changes, such as sitting or kneeling, will reveal your presence.

+15 Camouflage

+10 Clothing Assembly

+5 Clothing Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+65 Precision

+25 Constitution

+50 Agility

+60 Luck

--Mon Calamari Species Traits

It's a Trap!: Through analysis of your opponent's strengths and weakness you determine a counter-strategy to increase your odds of defeating them. You unleash a cunning area attack that bypasses all opponent defenses, increasing their chance to be critically hit and decreasing the effectiveness of their attack.

+10 Pilot Special Tactics

+10 Weapon Assembly

+10 Structure Assembly

+5 Structure Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+60 Precision

+40 Constitution

+60 Stamina

+40 Luck

--Trandoshan Species Traits

Regeneration: You activate your astonishing powers of regeneration to heal 20 Health per level every second for several seconds.

+3% Unarmed (Knuckler type) Weapon Damage

+10 (+35 total) Creature Harvesting

+10 Armor Assembly

+5 Armor Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+50 Strength

+65 Constitution

+65 Stamina

+20 Agility

--Twilek Species Traits

Footwork: By focusing your efforts and recalling memories of past combats, you greatly increase your ability to anticipate and dodge enemy attacks

+3 Minutes per Tick Inspiration Duration Increase

+500 Vendor Item Limit

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+40 Precision

+60 Stamina

+60 Agility

+40 Luck

--Zabrak Species Traits

Equilibrium: You perform an astonishing feat of sheer will, drawing upon your inner reserves to push yourself to the limits of endurance and restore balance to your body in the face of exhaustion. When used you will heal 40 points of health and action per level.

Reduced incapacitation and weakness timers.

+10 Droid Assembly

+5 Droid Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+50 Precision

+50 Strength

+50 Constitution

+50 Agility

--Ithorian Species Traits

Balance: You focus your efforts and take up an extremely stable combat stance greatly increasing your ability to block attacks. The amount of damage you prevent while blocking is also increased by 11 to 12 points per level.

+3% Ship Weapon Damage

+10 Chassis, Power Systems, Shields and Advanced Ship Assembly

+5 Chassis, Power Systems, Shields and Advanced Ship Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+40 Precision

+60 Strength

+70 Stamina

+30 Luck

--Sullustan Species Traits

Tech Knowledge: You focus your keen powers of observation to determine the optimum spot to attack an opponent, greatly increasing your chance for a critical hit.

Reduced Hyperspace Navigation times.

+10 Engine, Booster, Ship Weapons Assembly

+5 Engine, Booster, Ship Weapons Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+40 Strength

+60 Constitution

+60 Agility

+40 Luck

Class Base Statistics

In order to offer further class differentiation we've made several improvements to the rate of gain and the final values of a character's base statistics (Strength, Precision, Agility, Stamina, Constitution and Luck). This replaces the across the board final +90 to Strength, Precision, Agility and Luck that all players currently receive. In addition when your character levels up, you will receive a detailed update on your total stat gains.

The following are the base statistics for each class. Note these values are added to the character's species statistic bonuses which are covered above. Also note that the total number of base stat points has not changed and all classes continue to get 360 points spread between the stats.

Smuggler Base Statistics

+120 Luck

+20 Precision

+20 Strength

+70 Constitution

+30 Stamina

+100 Agility

Officer Base Statistics

+20 Luck

+70 Precision

+50 Strength

+80 Constitution

+80 Stamina

+60 Agility

Commando Base Statistics

+60 Luck

+120 Precision

+120 Strength

+60 Constitution

+0 Stamina

+0 Agility

Jedi Base Statistics

+30 Luck

+30 Precision

+100 Strength

+40 Constitution

+40 Stamina

+120 Agility

Spy Base Statistics

+40 Luck

+50 Precision

+50 Strength

+80 Constitution

+40 Stamina

+100 Agility

Medic Base Statistics

+80 Luck

+50 Precision

+50 Strength

+60 Constitution

+120 Stamina

+0 Agility

Entertainer Base Statistics

+80 Luck

+0 Precision

+0 Strength

+40 Constitution

+120 Stamina

+120 Agility

Bounty Hunter Base Statistics

+20 Luck

+60 Precision

+40 Strength

+80 Constitution

+80 Stamina

+80 Agility

Trader Base Statistics

+90 Luck

+90 Precision

+90 Strength

+90 Agility

+0 Constitution

+0 Stamina

this is what i'll have:

--Trandoshan Species Traits

Regeneration: You activate your astonishing powers of regeneration to heal 20 Health per level every second for several seconds.

+3% Unarmed (Knuckler type) Weapon Damage

+10 (+35 total) Creature Harvesting

+10 Armor Assembly

+5 Armor Experimentation

Stat Bonuses at Level 90

+50 Strength

+65 Constitution

+65 Stamina

+20 Agility

Bounty Hunter Base Statistics

+20 Luck

+60 Precision

+40 Strength

+80 Constitution

+80 Stamina

+80 Agility

that's

+90 strength

+145 constitution

+145 stamina

+100 agility

+20 luck

+60 precision

aside from the last 2, looks like i'll be getting a nice boost! and to top it off, i reattain my Regenerative abilities!!!! I remember before using /regenerate and getting that little note...now if only they would bring back Jagganath points for kills....

Guest DarthMaulUK

Shows the kind of problems the devs have. The idea is good and to be honest, i think character related respecs should only be offered to newer players and not the veterans, who had these traits prior to NGE

well, they're making something a little better...

So after much internal discussion based on all the feedback from this thread:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=375011

we've decided change directions a little bit.

We realize a lot of you would want a species respec but it's not going to happen. It's a non-trivial technological hurdle firstly. Secondly, many of us are just plain philosophically opposed to the idea. If you shave a Wookiee and give it blue contact lenses you still have a Wookiee.

The other large bone of contention is from Traders who may or may not have chosen their race based on certain crafting bonuses in the past. Had they known that X-species would have had a good bonus to X-craft they would have chosen that species instead.

And yes, we also understand you don't want JTL bonuses too so expect the removal of all of those.

So based on this feedback we have decided to take a different approach. We will allow everyone to select a background based on an Origin. So essentially you could have been raised by Wookiees, or learned to fight from Trandoshans and went to school on Bothawui.

The end result is you will have a choice in what you get based on your origins. So all existing species mods will go away and you will choose the ones that suit your character.

it does sound better than what they had...though I still may have to go with Trandoshan...or i could go with something else....bothan sounded interesting, being able to cloak sounds cool! so many decisions now lol!!!!

AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A THING THAT CAN BE 'RESPECD'....

Archived