Home

Potential returning player with lots of questions!

azurarutlan

I used to play Pre-CU so it's been a LONG time. Seeing as I'm getting bored of all the games I'm playing, not to mention hearing good stuff about the game through patches I figured it was worth a look.

Back then I played a crafter. Specifically a weaponsmith/armorsmith though I did have a smuggler to slice as well. First off, is crafting as my main profession still viable? Also, is there anything like slicing in NGE? I have heard no, but that they are considering putting it back in.

Lastly, what would you recommend for a combat class, since we are allowed more than 1 character now? I do not care if it is melee or ranged combat, I just do not want to focus on space combat, that is all.

A class for you, based off of what you were, would be Munitions Trader, they are what you used to be. There is no slicing, and I haven't heard anything of them putting it back in.

My view of combat classes:

Commando - Ranged - Great for PvE and PvP

Jedi - Melee -Great for PvE, Ok in PvP

Spy - Ranged/Melee - Great for ganking in PvP, good in PvE

Officer - Ranged? - Not good for PvP or PvE

Smuggler - Melee/Ranged - Good for PvP and PvE

That depends what you craft. If you craft, make it be armorsmith, because the best weapons out there are looted ones. And yes, my alt is a Trader, and although he doesn't make any money at all (engineer trader), i just love crafting things from it. But yes, Traders are viable to play, but acutally, I'd recommend making your second character a trader, and making your main one a combat class.

Archived