Home

Twi'leks, dancers and slavery

Fredi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, A twi'lek dancing girl is good... for the action. But other than that they are not really interesting. Its like, if you are a millionaire you would keep a few of these as play toys, but thats about it. Granted, there ARE twi'lek females that can actually think and function and what not, like Mission, if she ever grows up (or things like Secura, but even she enjoys being a brat).

Thing is, if you want to have a girl that is functional anywhere outside the bedroom, twi'lek meatbags ain't it. And guess most of use agree about it here.

Mod note: Split from this post when off-topic conversation in that thread was split into a new thread. ~M

All they're good for is sex. I'd rather be with someone who I could have a lasting relationship with.

Well, A twi'lek dancing girl is good... for the action. But other than that they are not really interesting. Its like, if you are a millionaire you would keep a few of these as play toys, but thats about it. Granted, there ARE twi'lek females that can actually think and function and what not, like Mission, if she ever grows up (or things like Secura, but even she enjoys being a brat).

Thing is, if you want to have a girl that is functional anywhere outside the bedroom, twi'lek meatbags ain't it. And guess most of use agree about it here.

You two care to back this schlock up with some proof... from what I understand Twilek females are no different from the Human ones in the relationship department.

You two care to back this schlock up with some proof... from what I understand Twilek females are no different from the Human ones in the relationship department.

Twi'lek dancers were the ones I was talking about, not Twi'lek females in general. I don't have any proof of this, it's just a feeling I get when I look at them. It could have something to do with how all of them have huge boobs and wear revealing clothing.

Well, A twi'lek dancing girl is good... for the action. But other than that they are not really interesting. Its like, if you are a millionaire you would keep a few of these as play toys, but thats about it

Toys I really would have fun playing with. :naughty:

You judge twi'leks to harshly, I don't think all them are good for sex only. :)

I think you can have them for lovers, too, they just would be good in the bed all

the time. :D

You probably won't get tired of them, as wives.

Well, first off we are talking about Twi'lek DANCERS here, dancers being the keyword.

And yes for some reason Twi'lek females are instinctively(genetics?) more submissive and such, this is even recognised by Secura herself. Then again even Secura herself was brought up in Ryloth at her young age, so not sure if that is genetics or just influence from the Ryloth/Twi'lek culture where they tend to treat females as property and playthings. Obviously there are exceptions. Mission seems to be free of those mindsets, and I think there must be others too. They are just less common, more so when it comes to Twi'lek DANCERS.

Oh, they also have perfect(nearly) memories, which can be both a good and a bad thing. Imagine those arguments, and she brought back how you forgot to kiss her goodnight 3 years and 45 days ago or something.

Mission is proof they have minds almost identicle to humans, and humans do the same thing in the world today. I meet girls who dance, have big boobs, and wear little clothing but I don't suddenly think that all they are worth, or what they see themselves as worth, is simply to exist for sex. Remember, these girl/women (Twilieks) are sold to slavery through a prejudice in Star Wars that aliens are worth less than humans. Some are taken as children, others are sold as adults by their boyfriends (As seen in Kotor on a few occations).

I'm sure all that all of those dancers want is to have someone actually love them. It is their job to dance, but as we have seen evidence of they are paid nothing in the process except when actually hired. I would put money on 4/5 Twileks dancing as slaves, and not by free will.

Humans in many cultures treat women as playthings and objects, but that doesn't make anybody who dances at bars or does naughty things in private incapable of free will.

Anyway, just my 2 cents on the Twilek matter.

Uh, doesn't Twi'lek dancers...you know dance? That's it? Merely dance over and over in a repetivie and utterly boring fashion and gets people to watch?

I have heard no proof whatsoevere that Twi'lek dancers actually do prositituion, or in fact, anything else but dance. It wasn't in the books at all, unless I am missing something.

In fact, when I talked to a Twi'lek dancer in the KOTOR series, she said, "Shh! I'm dancing!" It seems as though Twi'lek dancers just go and dance in a nice fashion, maybe even inspiring some feelings, but it also reveals that all they DO is dance. They don't even care about getting hit on or anything.

Twi'lek dancers were the ones I was talking about, not Twi'lek females in general. I don't have any proof of this, it's just a feeling I get when I look at them. It could have something to do with how all of them have huge boobs and wear revealing clothing.

With all due respect you could say the same thing about a dancer in a bar here on earth, that doesn't make them less than anyone else. Or any less than normal.

Well, first off we are talking about Twi'lek DANCERS here, dancers being the keyword.

And yes for some reason Twi'lek females are instinctively(genetics?) more submissive and such, this is even recognised by Secura herself. Then again even Secura herself was brought up in Ryloth at her young age, so not sure if that is genetics or just influence from the Ryloth/Twi'lek culture where they tend to treat females as property and playthings. Obviously there are exceptions. Mission seems to be free of those mindsets, and I think there must be others too. They are just less common, more so when it comes to Twi'lek DANCERS.

This sounds like a bunch of fannon, I wouldn't put any weight behind it. As the rest of the EU and written materials would seem to disagree.

Twilek Dancers are specially trained in various dances, sex isn't really part of it. Twilek's sell their own people it is the main export of Ryloth actually, and Twilek female consorts are often property of powerful individuals in the Star Wars Galaxy as a status symbol (and yes they can be sexual), dancers are a seperate training.

The female Twilek's mental capabilities are not really commented on, not that I have seen and in the only instances I have available the D6 RPG they have the normal human range of mental capabilities.

Remember, these girl/women (Twilieks) are sold to slavery through a prejudice in Star Wars that aliens are worth less than humans. Some are taken as children, others are sold as adults by their boyfriends (As seen in Kotor on a few occations).

The slavery part maybe not so much. The Rights of Sentience act existed practically forever during the Republic, and banned any form of enslavement completely. Yes, it was abolished during the Imperial era and didn't exist outside of the Republic, but a lot of the Twi'lek dancers we see in KotOR are in planets where that law was in effect.

The sidequest where Ramana was sold as slavery doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, her bf didn't even officially own her or have any deed to her; that's like trying to sell your next-door-neighbor. :p (Either that or the slavers who would've kidnapped her were really dumb - why pay a guy who doesn't even own the person you've just taken a fair bit of money? Slaves are expensive)

It is their job to dance, but as we have seen evidence of they are paid nothing in the process except when actually hired. I would put money on 4/5 Twileks dancing as slaves, and not by free will.

Oh I don't know, I bet they make a lot from tips. :D

IMO we haven't really seen enough of Twi'lek dancers to make any assessment of them. Nearly all of the ones in KotOR just have a constant dance animation and one line of dialogue. We've never seen any evidence as to whether they're virgins or not or if they even care. :p

The sidequest where Ramana was sold as slavery doesn't make any sense to me. I mean, her bf didn't even officially own her or have any deed to her; that's like trying to sell your next-door-neighbor. :p (Either that or the slavers who would've kidnapped her were really dumb - why pay a guy who doesn't even own the person you've just taken a fair bit of money? Slaves are expensive)

Yeah, but when do crooks pay much attention to the law? Still, looked at logically, you're quite correct about how it seems out of place. Perhaps she wrongly believed Doton Het to be part of the Exchange. There were probably even Republic laws that forbid the attempted selling of Juhani into slavery, but that didn't stop it from being tried. When it comes to organized crime, the fear of possible ugly consequences might be enough to cause a potentially submissive female (or anyone really) to acquiesce. O'course the expense of a slave is relative to how much care you put into their welfare. The other funny thing is that if you wait long enough, it seems that Ramana can raise enough in tips to secure her own freedom or at least reimburse the exile if he pays for her freedom. Meh.....it's only a game afterall. ;)

Oh, I don't doubt that there's organized crime or slave cartels operating in the Republic (inevitable when it's a flourishing trade outside its borders and the Republic is the biggest nation in the galaxy).

Still doesn't explain why Doton accepted a person what's-his-face didn't own a form of repayment, though. It would make more sense to kidnap the girl, and then demand legitimate payment from him anyway (as in the kind he actually owns). :p

There were probably even Republic laws that forbid the attempted selling of Juhani into slavery, but that didn't stop it from being tried.

It's actually possible that slavery occurred when Taris was occupied by the Mandalorians (who cared little for slavery). I don't think Revan would've paid it a visit if it was a neutral/controlled planet. Or it was done illegally - slavery and general lawlessness seems to be pretty common on Taris.

It's actually possible that slavery occurred when Taris was occupied by the Mandalorians (who cared little for slavery). I don't think Revan would've paid it a visit if it was a neutral/controlled planet. Or it was done illegally - slavery and general lawlessness seems to be pretty common on Taris (though this is all rather off-topic :p)

Either Revan had one hell of a conscience, which might be likely, or the pushing the Mandalorians off the planet -and- taking the exchange out was a good way, in her/his mind, to "look good" in front of the civilians and regular people (alien and human) to gain a little more influence, maybe?

Oh, I don't doubt that there's organized crime or slave cartels operating in the Republic (inevitable when it's a flourishing trade outside its borders and the Republic is the biggest nation in the galaxy).

As I have noted on a few different areas and planets, the underground crime groups have usually a lot more control than the local law enforcement. He placed his girlfriend up for bet, lost, and the crime group saw that as reason enough to take her regardless of forms or not. You threaten both the girl and the boyfriend, and both stay quiet and don't complain. Czerka was enslaving wookies right under the republics nose, crime groups take women and manipulate them into "slavery", and even the sith and republic take up their hands in crime to get an advantage over each other.

But your right, this is off topic. Shall we start a thread on Star Wars crime or just drop it?

Girls with certain makeup and hairstyles who wear a stupid smile on their face and laugh at things whether they're funny or not are likely to be airheads, according to many people in many parts of the world. Especially if they have a sexually attractive appearance and...er...big boobs. Anyway, you get the gist of it. Just look at the Twi'lek females you come across in any Star Wars movie/book/game. They're meant to give us that impression.

They may or may not be airheads. But their looks (and in most cases, attitude) make you think they're more likely airheads.

Either Revan had one hell of a conscience, which might be likely, or the pushing the Mandalorians off the planet -and- taking the exchange out was a good way, in her/his mind, to "look good" in front of the civilians and regular people (alien and human) to gain a little more influence, maybe?

I would think Revan hadn't fallen when he had taken Taris, or maybe he just didn't like the idea of slavery to begin with and it ticked him off. Remember Revan never authorized the destruction of Telos, that was Malak as was Taris. Revan even though he was Malak's master he hadn't fallen as far as his apprentice.

Citadel station was too overwhelmed to enforce everything, they desperately needed help from the Republic.

Also supposedly Twi'lek dancers that weren't slaves could make a ton of mone relatively quickly. Which leads me to suspect that was why they were so sought after as slaves.

I would think Revan hadn't fallen when he had taken Taris, or maybe he just didn't like the idea of slavery to begin with and it ticked him off. Remember Revan never authorized the destruction of Telos, that was Malak as was Taris. Revan even though he was Malak's master he hadn't fallen as far as his apprentice.

Maybe. There is a quote from Kreia on this that was cut from the game I think:

"It was always intended for the Jedi to retreat to Telos should Dantooine be attacked—taking all their lore with them. We could not allow the tragedy at Ossus to happen again. Such an act marked Telos for destruction. It is why the Sith came here, though the fleet commanders did not know why. It is why Revan ordered its destruction to mark the beginning of the Jedi Civil War. It was a message that there would be no place for the Jedi to retreat, to hide." -Kreia

Malak may have given the order, but Malak probably got orders from Revan to go ahead with it anyway. Although it is from Kreia, and most people don't see her words having any truth, but I personally take in everything Kreia says because until said otherwise her assumptions are most likely canon.

As I said, there is a probability that Revan pushed the Exchange off of Taris because Revan didn't believe it was right, but Revan may have also done it for publicity. Kicking a crime organization off of a planet that is enforcing slavery looks pretty damn good on the local news, especially when you are trying to get rank and support from the Republic.

Citadel station was too overwhelmed to enforce everything, they desperately needed help from the Republic.

What does Citadel Station have to do with anything? About the boyfriend/girlfriend thing on Telos? A little confused.

Maybe. There is a quote from Kreia on this that was cut from the game I think:

"It was always intended for the Jedi to retreat to Telos should Dantooine be attacked—taking all their lore with them. We could not allow the tragedy at Ossus to happen again. Such an act marked Telos for destruction. It is why the Sith came here, though the fleet commanders did not know why. It is why Revan ordered its destruction to mark the beginning of the Jedi Civil War. It was a message that there would be no place for the Jedi to retreat, to hide." -Kreia

Malak may have given the order, but Malak probably got orders from Revan to go ahead with it anyway. Although it is from Kreia, and most people don't see her words having any truth, but I personally take in everything Kreia says because until said otherwise her assumptions are most likely canon.

As I said, there is a probability that Revan pushed the Exchange off of Taris because Revan didn't believe it was right, but Revan may have also done it for publicity. Kicking a crime organization off of a planet that is enforcing slavery looks pretty damn good on the local news, especially when you are trying to get rank and support from the Republic.

I think that was cut from the game cause it didn't make sense due to KotOR 1, and Revan would have been more precise if he wanted to blow something up, or he would have had people waiting for the Jedi Knowledge to be delivered to his lap. As HK-47 points out Malak was an angry club.

What does Citadel Station have to do with anything? About the boyfriend/girlfriend thing on Telos? A little confused.

Meaning that they didn't have the resources to uncover the slave thing on Citadel, all they could do was barely maintain some order.

Well, Slavery is illegal RL, but doesn't stop it from happening in some parts of the planet.

Point, Slavery is quite real in the galaxy far far away, and some planets/species are quite willing to sell their people into slavery in return for things, credits or otherwise.

Obviously the effort to clean up such actions differs from planet to planet, and some species are easier to be overlooked than the others, as we know that descrimination is also quite real in the galaxy far far away. Places like Onderon would probably deal with slavers and the like quick and harsh, while liberal places like Nar Sharrda obviously ignores such things, or more likely, supports it.

And seriously, the republic does not have enough resources to go around dealing with such actions, especially if the local authorities are not cooperative. Sometimes, they would just tolerate things if it does not go too out of hand. Remember, republic does not like planets leaving. And many planets would rebel if the rules are taken too tightly. Also, there are quite some planets that are NOT under republic rule, liek the Hutt Space and what not.

Ugh, men. And Hutts, you want something that gives me the creeps that'll do nicely. Gimme Revan rather than some alien slave any day. My type of Twi'lek is this...

200px-Vibroblade.jpg

...or this...

ja_comic_rop_lrg_03.jpg

...or since we're discussing slavery, this.

box-l-1.jpg

Here's hoping for a sequal where Rianna seeks payback. Beats the likes of Bib Fortuna that's for sure.

Regarding Female Twi'lek and Slavery:

“We females are virtually bred to be frivolous – good only as slaves, playthings, or pampered princess! Despite my training, playint the part of the ‘spoiled brat’ was shockingly easy” -- Aayla Secura comments on her disguise as Tuulaa Ooneeta the Rich Twi’lek Paris Hilton

Well, Mission and Secura are cool Twi’leks. 

Rianna… Well, sad to say she kinda sucks. The game sucks, both versions(and I did finish them hoping it to get better, minigames are ok on NDS though) There is also something lacking in her style and character. Her background gives so much potential, but those are just, backgrounds… and are rarely developed. Yeah, she kill that bastard, that’s about it.

Obviously the “themepark” type character cameo, and yet another person tossed in the DeathStar1 plans would only make it worse. I kinda like Zeeo her sidekick droid though. In a way he has evenmore personality than the girl herself. That is all in addition to her less than attractive facial build in some scenes(the moves are cool looking, though impractical) jerky movement, and a need of a Lekku with a more “life-like” texture where she can probably order from realdolls.

Archived