Home

Twi'leks, dancers and slavery

Fredi

I'm not sure if Aayla is lamenting here or simply telling it as it is, but I would be very surprised if she doesn't want to stick her lightsaber into some Hutt slaver, Jedi be damned.

Unfortunetly I haven't played Lethal Alliance, but I gotta say the cover art makes a hell of a first impression. I said it before and I'll say it again, my jaw would drop off if this was redone for Aayla and the Clonetroopers. But yeah, the Death Star plans have been very much a hot potato, I know they went from Kyle Katarn to Rianna to Leia and I'm sure I missed a couple.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Aayla does talk alot about how she would try to overpower some of her Twi'lek instants. Granted, not all of them I bad. As placed as an example by his master, the instint to hide and cover up yielding to a sandstorm of Ryloth is a good thing. But being a slave pet definite IS NOT, other than for disguise purpose.

Well, The whole LEthal/Deadly Alliance thing have a few nice pieces of posters. Well, that is actually the reason why I buy the two games in the same go(call me stupid). I mean, thruout the game I keep hoping for a nice plot twist, but non is really given.

But other than a few flashy moves (like the stealth kill Tenchu moves) there is hardly anything visually impressive either. Boss design is barely acceptable. Some of them are quite dumb even. AI is weak. A bunch of bounty hunting robots... o.O And the few artworks you see are all the eyecandy there is, nothing new thru-out the game. The "dodge the traffic" stages can be flashy, but also quite boring once you finish them for the first time. Replayability sucks. And multiplayer is sucky also. It is like someone take a game like SOTE, dumb it down even more, and port it to the handhelds. And SOTE definitely have way more interesting parts in the story. While Rianna's story can be summed up in a single issue of comic max.

Oh, Kyle shows up in the game also, so maybe he actually got hold of some DS plans(parts) already(personally I don't cvare for the shaved/unshavd Kyle inconsistancy, people can decide to change their shaves hair for a while).

• 4 weeks later...

Twi'lek comes in a great variety of colors. Things like brownish to yellow to black to ivory to white to the more normally seen green. The hot Turcose Blue like Aayla Secura/Mission/etc is actually quite a rare shade, Ruthian as they call it. The exotic and hot Red (aka Darth Telon) shade is also really rare, called lethan. So you should be proud if you get to date one of those beauties.

But I have to agree, she seems to be one of the less beautiful Twi'lek out there. Her milkshake kicks ass though, and the way she moves... Though once you hit the personality section its a whole other story.

Such topics are inevitable where horny young guys/fanboys congregate.

and don't forget the female-oriented females. Though I'm sure they'd much rather be with their girlfriends than on this forum. Which would explain why none of us guys here have girlfriends.

and don't forget the female-oriented females. Though I'm sure they'd much rather be with their girlfriends than on this forum. Which would explain why none of us guys here, aside from a few exceptions that confirms the rule, have girlfriends.

Fixed. ;)

And yes for some reason Twi'lek females are instinctively(genetics?) more submissive and such, this is even recognised by Secura herself. Then again even Secura herself was brought up in Ryloth at her young age, so not sure if that is genetics or just influence from the Ryloth/Twi'lek culture where they tend to treat females as property and playthings. Obviously there are exceptions. Mission seems to be free of those mindsets, and I think there must be others too. They are just less common, more so when it comes to Twi'lek DANCERS.

Yes, the Twi'leks sells their own people, it's the base of their economy somehow, as RedHawke said. But the fact we can see a lot of Twi'lek dancers, and powerful, influent people that own them comes from the fact that they're highly regarded as dancers. It's like having a collection of French perfumes or Cuban cigarettes.

That's instinctively on the Twi'leks, since a great deal of their communication comes from body language and the movements of their lekku. Don't actually mean they are raised for that.

from what i read on the first page(i normally only read the 1st) it sounds like your just talking about them as they are programed in the game. If they were real they would be just like the females in general but with a sexy job:) they would still think and feel like a human. And let me ask u, do u really think EVERY dancer would go for a "one night stand" or be a "toy"? Because I sure don't.

do u really think EVERY dancer would go for a "one night stand" or be a "toy"? Because I sure don't.

Agreed, me and my mates went to a strip joint for a Stag night, and although they act interested do you really think a hot young women/Twilek finds a sweaty drunk who has to pay for pretend sexual attention attractive? I doubt it lol,

from what i read on the first page(i normally only read the 1st) it sounds like your just talking about them as they are programed in the game. If they were real they would be just like the females in general but with a sexy job:) they would still think and feel like a human. And let me ask u, do u really think EVERY dancer would go for a "one night stand" or be a "toy"? Because I sure don't.

I think some people were covering some actual lore from the SW books or at least the SW Wiki.

But, this brings me to an interesting point, if the Twi'Leks sell their own people into slavery, and it's apparently a great business, wouldn't there also be a great market for breeders? I mean, those hot babes gotta come from somebody.

The "Mission Conundrum" people seem to be brining up I think is in large part due to her living a majority of her life on Taris, and, of course, having a wookie as a personal body guard.

• 1 month later...

:greeThe info pointed out earlier about many Twi'lek women being raised to be spoiled brats comes directly from Clone Wars Volume 4 Light and Dark. Not to say that all twi'lek girls are scatter brains (that goes without saying!) examples include, Yuthura Ban, Nolaa Tarkona, Darth Talon, Xiaan Amersu, Deeshra'cor and the like. I think part of what makes Twi'lek gals act so debached (besides the steriotype and culture on Ryloth) is that they feel rather lonely. This asumption is based off of what Alema Rar says in Legacy of the Force 6 Sacrifice, about how she was so mad at leia becuase Leia spoiled her looks and destroyed the company that was her Killik nest. As a general thing I would not say that Twi'lek dancers aren't as incredibly stupid as the early posts on this thread said. Take for instance the dancer Revan can help get a job with that travelling entertainer group. Next may I point out that Hara's girlfriend and also Lena seemed to have quite enough sense to ditch the guys they were with and head out on thier own. May I also point out the young dancer who accompanied Oola Tarkona on her trip to Tatooine? She was younger and theoretically more nieve than Oola, but she had the sense to get while the getting was good when Luke tried to rescue them both from Jabba's agents. Oola refused to be rescued and became racor chow. (Tales From Jabba's Palace.) On the other lekku there are some Twi'lek dancers who are just as debuached as they often look. Take for example the one who offers to spend the night with Jango :jango: at the Twirling Twi'lek bar. (Either the comic book Jango Fett or Zam Wissel, can't remember.) I would say that Twi'leks are similar to humans, you get a mixed bag of the most varrying sort. :mult1: (Wookiedpedia should have info on most of the above mentioned.)

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

• 2 weeks later...

Not possable. Cause Twi'leks themselves are also the slavers. IOW, Twi'leks accept slavery as part of their culture, and uses slaves and what not within their own social structure. And it also seems that there is no specific slave caste within the Twi'lek society, despite the relatively large population of slave export.

• 4 weeks later...

A Twilek slave uprising? Fun ;) can that be in KotOR 3? We could totaly destroy Slheyrons econemy if we instigated one of those. But that's just wishful thinking. PoiuyWired is very correct though, slavery is an integratel and accepted aspect of Twilek culture as a whole. The Rite of Passage stary arch mentions this in the prologue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived