Home

Twi'leks, dancers and slavery

Fredi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. :smash:

I think the mind-set in which all Twi'leks are dancers and slaves is comparable to certain stereotypes of today. All Canadians say "eh?", all French speak like Lumiere, all Americans are George W. Bush, all blondes are dumb, size 12 sneakers = huge dong,...the list continues. None of those statements are universal, of course. If you actually go and visit America, Canada, or France, you see how wrong the stereotypeing is. They should add Ryloth into Kotor 3 ^,^ BUT, I digress, back to my original opinon on this topic...Lol. :smash:

Except the blonde part... :)

Actually, male twi'leks usually don't do dancers... Granted, there are good looking males, and would probably make good dancers if someone would take the time to train ... But so far we don't see any Fontuna pole-dancing, or Orn Free Tae Belly Dancing. Slaves for export seems to be mostly females, or mayber some male crossdressers (as Ackbar have said "It's a Trap!")

Which I always wonder. It is quite possable that naturally there is more female twi'leks than males by genetics. I mean, else there won't be enough females to go around for everyone. Then again, there are also much more female 'twi'leks than males on screen. So far only 2 normal males, and Tae is a freak and mutant with 4 headworms(what do you call those anyways, a pair would be "lekku" or "tchun-tchin" but FOUR? "tchun-tchun-tchin-tchin"?).

Thing is, there can be slave uprising and such in Ryloth, but that won't end slavery. All that means if successful is that the former slaves would be free and become masters, and the former masters sold into slavery instead.

Except the blonde part... :)

Actually, male twi'leks usually don't do dancers... Granted, there are good looking males, and would probably make good dancers if someone would take the time to train ... But so far we don't see any Fontuna pole-dancing, or Orn Free Tae Belly Dancing. Slaves for export seems to be mostly females, or mayber some male crossdressers (as Ackbar have said "It's a Trap!")

Which I always wonder. It is quite possable that naturally there is more female twi'leks than males by genetics. I mean, else there won't be enough females to go around for everyone. Then again, there are also much more female 'twi'leks than males on screen. So far only 2 normal males, and Tae is a freak and mutant with 4 headworms(what do you call those anyways, a pair would be "lekku" or "tchun-tchin" but FOUR? "tchun-tchun-tchin-tchin"?).

Thing is, there can be slave uprising and such in Ryloth, but that won't end slavery. All that means if successful is that the former slaves would be free and become masters, and the former masters sold into slavery instead.

Perhaps there are certain "colors" of twilek, such as the blue and green ones that seem rather common that are more prone to multiple births or female children? I always wondered what the difference in color made. I mean, I know what it does for human genetics, it's based on light needed vs light received to generate Vitamin D.

• 2 months later...

PoiuyWired, were there a Twilek reading this he would be most irrate with you. Calling lekku headworms! As for your comment on Orn being a mutant, Twileks consider multitudes of lekku increadibly attractive. One reason why Aayla was atrracted to Kit Fisto no doubt. Just kidding about Kit and Aayla.

Actually, Rutian and Lethian (blue and red) Twileks are the rarest where skin pigment is concirned. Tan, green, off-white, and other drabber colors seem far more common, possibly thanks to the fact that the first two Twileks (Oola and Bib) were those colors mentioned first. George Lucas may have decided to start using more colorful Twileks for the prequel films. He seems to be growing more exenctric with age... in any case, I like the material in Expanded Universe a lot more than the films.

But, back on subject. It may well be that there are more female Twileks than males, or it could be we simply see more females than males.

Assuming the natives of Ryloth export their own people, it seems reasonable that they export a greater number of females than males.

Or another factor could be involved. Take for instance the fact that one rarely sees a Devaronian female off their homeworld, whereas one sees the males much more frequently due to the fact that the males are plagued by wander lust.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

Hmm... Devaronian would be an interesting example... though for the common folks they would not even no the Female Devaronian as being one, due to their differences in their dimorphic looks. Plus, if I remember right the Devaronian population is not a 1 to 1 proportion either. Granted this would make sense since the wanderlust of the males would send them all over the galaxy, increasing their casualty rate by quite a bit.

But given that Twi'leks do enjoy working would the (shadowy) outside worlds all over the place I would think that male's intension to not travel would not be a problem. Though I would say that a female Twi'lek easily steals the spotlight compare to the males. Maybe its just thqat females off-world often works in places where they can be seen, while males prefers more of the background.

But yeah, I don't know about the multiple headworms backstory. Though I do think that Kit and Aayla would indeed make a lovely pair. In fact, I think they would be THE pair if not for thw whole war thing, and Aayla's heart being also attracted Vos. But hey, everyone likes the badboy type.

Archived