Home

choke people who make you mad, through dialog

rocky348

ok, saw Darth333's force choke anyone mod, not bad. Question though, could you modify someones dialog to use the force choke power to kill them. Example, Dantooine when u get off the ship this lady sees your lightsaber, and shakes her head and gives you a hard time about it. What do you do, you say "I dont like your attitud", and u use force choke to kill her. Obviously this would be a darkside only option, and would use the c_dark script.

ciao for now

That would be editing every single dialog file in the game. It would at least take a year to do. (Or a couple of months if you have to much free time)

I could help (Notice the word help) you do it if you gathered a team large enough to make it under 3 months.

no, not every single one of them, just a few of them. The lady who comes out of the temple ruins, the guy on narshada that say the hawk is his ship, a few people who give the exile an attitude at the bigginig of the conversation.

Well... then I guess I could help you do that. It wouldn't be to hard I guess, only some dialog editing. But I can't help you in the nearest 30 days because I am going to Ukraine tomorrow. But I could help you when I get back, that's for sure.

I can do it my self, i just dont know the code i would use, would it be simalar to the code used to choke mira in the usm module, when she makes the remarke about building her a lightsaber? I dont have that mod anymore, but i can probably find it and read the code.

Wait. You mean force choke or hand choke? I think it would be extremly hard to make a hand choke since the exile doesn't have the animations neither does the NPCs.

Thats not true, have a look in the dialog editor, they're there, though if they don't work they can be done through scripts, there was a thread posted a while ago where someone was trying to make a mod where the PC would force choke an NPC, the script was posted but i don't know if the mod was released, either way search for Choke NPC Script or something, that might get it up.

• 4 weeks later...
In KOTOR I there was a chance in the Tatooine Cantina to choke a old czerka man because he was very rude, only if you are in the Dark Side Alignment though.

perhaps one could use this as a starting point :)

Unfortunately, I wasn't into modding when i last played swkotor, and when i did play it, it was borrowed from a friend. So sadely, I can't use that as a starting point :(

• 2 weeks later...

oh well, but this would be a difficult mod, something I would like to do, but I can't right now because the computer that has everything with KOTOR II and all my other games and utilities is being fixed.

I know, you probably want to flamthro me because I can't do it

sorry :(

by the way, where is the force choke mod that "Darth333" made?

oh well, but this would be a difficult mod, something I would like to do, but I can't right now because the computer that has everything with KOTOR II and all my other games and utilities is being fixed.

I know, you probably want to flamthro me because I can't do it

sorry :(

by the way, where is the force choke mod that "Darth333" made?

No problem, was just thinking it would be kind of cool to do this. It wouldn't be alot of them, maybe just on dantooine, and only the people who give you a realy hard time. Like the lady who greets you, the two laddies talking about a jedi, and the scalvager who comes running out of the temple. (no, im not a sexist, it's just a coincidance that all four of them are woman) You can find the choke mod under the stickyed thread called "Mod Link Requests from PCGM and other Sites" under the forum "Modding requests". Scroll down to the list for tsl and it should be there under darth333's name

Archived