Home

Serenity Collector's Edition Dvd: Aug 21st release

Lightsaberboy

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/serenity5.html

now usually i don't rebuy the same movie on dvd if they release a special edition, but I'm gonna make an exception for this. this time it's a 2-disc dvd, with the second one filled with special features. the first release dvd didn't have that many special features, so that's a plus. Also there's a whole new commentary with the cast, in addition to the one with just Joss Whedon. Plus, the cover art looks a heck of a lot better.

collector's edition cover

serenityart.jpg

compared to old one:

51N0M4744AL._SS500_.jpg

now with the new one, Serenity is actually front and center in its title movie, instead of off on the side of one corner like the old ugly art.

I must admit I don't like the old artwork.

We got this in the UK.

51SDRR8D1YL._SS500_.jpg

I agree, that's a pretty sweet cover. And I can't decide whether I like it or the new one better.

I'll probably check this one out as well. I was somewhat dissapointed with the original Serenity DVD's special featuers. Does anyone else agree that they should sell the episodes of Firefly and the film Serenity in one box set with loads of special features and extras?

Does anyone else agree that they should sell the episodes of Firefly and the film Serenity in one box set with loads of special features and extras?

I'm not one for extra features myself. I never watch them and as I have firefly and serenity already I would not buy a new box set.

I'm not one for extra features myself. I never watch them and as I have firefly and serenity already I would not buy a new box set.

I'm a sucker for special features. I always watch them. It's probably rooted in the fact that I want to work in the film industry, though.

Archived