Home

Help with Death Star run (and comments)

phaolo

Does the reactor main exit have pipes? I think I went the wrong way :(

Anyway is it possible to go to the main route from beginning? (destroying obstacles)

-----

I must say I didn't apreciate very much these Death Star maps.. the first 3 are entertaining but are the easiest maps in all the game..

About the tunnel run, it seems like the designers didn't have time anymore to test and improve the level. There are bad textures and the most dangerous thing is the stupid invulnerable xwing right behind you.. :dozey:

And if you make a turn and have a look outside.. crappy pixeled plane background. :barf2:

I almost prefer the 256 color trench run in the old xwing!

There are those detroyable pipes throughout. If you go the wrong way you will eventually run into a huge black void, so if you end up there, don't go that way again. You must follow the alternate path going in, because the main path is blocked - there is some speech in the game to this effect. Yes, this game was rushed, especially the ending, and it shows.

I meant the long indestructible pipe ducts inside tunnels, those which you hit if you don't align correctly while flying between them. The last pipe corridor expecially is pretty bad and there's few space available.

Anyway I finally managed to escape in one piece. I had to set 100+ speed to make it. There's a tunnel part whith obstacles which cannot be reached until you destroy the reactor though.

Phew.. also the lens is gone (what an useless objective)

Well, apart for this level.. I love this game :D

Thank you Wildstar and Keyan. Goodbye

• 1 month later...
Yes, this game was rushed, especially the ending, and it shows.

Absolutely! When aren't they rushed? This is all too common among games... They always seem to set the tightest deadlines for this stuff and it's the end user who suffers because it's them who won't find out it was a rushed game until they buy it.

Archived