Home

What planet/level is this KotOR screenshot taken from?

Char Ell

Anybody know where this screenshot on swk.com is in KotOR?

shot0007.jpg

I just happened to be browsing through the KotOR section on swk.com when I came across this. I wonder if it's from a section of the game that didn't make it into the final production cut as it appears the screenshots on this page were taken in 2002.

It's Sleheyron, 100%. But why would BioWare want to delete the module? It looked nice. Maybe it is still there in the game, hidden somewhere.

Nope its not unfortunately. You need proof, I've looked and so has my old teammates of K1RP, however K1RP is going to make Sleheyron from scratch if lightmaps and walkmeshes can be solved, walkmeshes are almost solved, but Lightmaps aren't yet.

hmmmm I know there was a way in the XBOX to go to other planet's , it was a cheat of a robot that was on the Ebon Hawk ... but I dont remember how to doit.

Yep, the cheat bot, there is a guide on how to do it somewhere, ill look for it later, but I've done it many times and no Sleheyron in the list of warpable planets, because the models for Sleheyron also aren't on the XBox version, Bioware weren't careless when getting rid of it :(, no i wish Bioware were careless in some terms, lol.

I thought I'd read somwhere that it was Sleheyron, but whatever it is, I've never seen it while playing KOTOR.
I also wondered if the screenie was of Sleheyron as I did not remember ever seeing a level like that in the game either. :)

Nope its not unfortunately. You need proof, I've looked and so has my old teammates of K1RP, however K1RP is going to make Sleheyron from scratch if lightmaps and walkmeshes can be solved, walkmeshes are almost solved, but Lightmaps aren't yet.

I know it is Sleheyron. First of all, look at the background. We all know it is Sleheyrons. And the background looks like the area and fits to the area. Look at all the building, exactly the same in the area and in the background. Lucasarts told us that Sleheyron would look something like that. Not trough words but trough the game, like when Yuthura talks about it. I think that is an early screenshot that BioWare took to show how kotor was going to look like. But when lucasart pushed them and told them the release date should be earlier they deleted the planet. So now nothing is left of it. My next proof is that I know Sleheyron had a sun very close to the planet.

Er... we all know it's Sleheyron... including MZ. It is simply a pre-release screen shot of a planet that was cut, and then very effectively cleaned (:() by BioWare, leaving only a few little scraps for us to ponder on. Look for more info on the K1RP site, or search this site for more.... Darth InSidious has done the most research on this I think.

Er... we all know it's Sleheyron... including MZ. It is simply a pre-release screen shot of a planet that was cut, and then very effectively cleaned (:() by BioWare, leaving only a few little scraps for us to ponder on. Look for more info on the K1RP site, or search this site for more.... Darth InSidious has done the most research on this I think.

Yeah, it's quite common that, pre-release screen shots of stuff that aren't on the final version of the game.

I know it is Sleheyron. First of all, look at the background. We all know it is Sleheyrons. And the background looks like the area and fits to the area. Look at all the building, exactly the same in the area and in the background. Lucasarts told us that Sleheyron would look something like that. Not trough words but trough the game, like when Yuthura talks about it. I think that is an early screenshot that BioWare took to show how kotor was going to look like. But when lucasart pushed them and told them the release date should be earlier they deleted the planet. So now nothing is left of it. My next proof is that I know Sleheyron had a sun very close to the planet.

When I said "nope it's not unfortunately" I was referring to it not being hidden in the game, I know that is Sleheyron, I was merely saying that it wasn't 'hidden' in the game's resources ;)

• 1 month later...
There is still concept art of Sleheyron to be found on the net, if one looks deep enough.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/image_viewer/frame_lead.php?pid=556553&img=243&sid=undefined

There are other shots of Sleheyron in this gallery, although they have certainly been seen before by most people.

A darn shame, at least at the moment.

Who's the guy with all the hair in these sketches? Is that supposed to be the original Jolee Bindo?

Archived