Lynk Former

How did you like the movie?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How did you like the movie?

• Loved it, brilliant!
    • It was okay.
    • I didn't like it that much.
    • It sucked, they ruined it!

I just came back from watching TRANSFORMERS... and I'm here to put all of your fears to rest. It is an extremely decent movie. It does have some cheesy moments, but they're either drowned out by something hilariously funny or by the intense action itself. A well crafted movie and while extremist fans will have SOMETHING to complain about, they shouldn't because this is a very decent effort to bring them to the big screen. I was extremely fearful of what I was going to see but my worries are all gone. Well done to everyone who made it, you've won over this Transfan.

Now make a sequel that's at least just as good. Don't screw it up, you've got a good thing going here.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn right. Thats prob the first time we gotta something so big early. I watched it a few hours. IT WAS THE S**T!

I expected nothing coming into the movie, but within a few minutes, i was hooked, and it was like i was 10 years old again with a giant grin on my face during the whole movie.

My respect for Michael Bay has increased.

AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT!!

Protip: Stay for the credits, you'll all want to see something in it.

Oh and when I was watching the movie, there was this uber geek who was sitting next to me XD ...man, he was so tense, he was literally clutching his seats arm rests through the entire movie and not moving an inch. At one point I had to give him a sidewards glance just to make sure he wasn't experiencing a heart attack XD

Yeah, it was decent, not more, not less. The first half dragged on a bit, but the second half was better, albeit a little too Micheal Bayish (although that is to be expected right?).

Still, the giant robots did make it an automatic awesome.

I did like that

Megatron was a good, old-fashioned evil villian. He wasn't just misunderstood, or too focused on something, he wanted to enslave and annihilate mankind, build a grand army, and take over the world. He rips his enemies in two, flicks innocent bystanders around, and just plain mean. Hugo Weaving does an excellent job with a really really dark voice (on the few lines he has).

Actually, I was glad the first half took it slowly, built it up and set things in place, without it you wouldn't be able too sit back and enjoy the second half as much. There were a lot of hurdles to be crossed to make the whole giant robot concept seem right for those who aren't familiar with Transformers like a lot of us are.

What?! You've seen it? Already? It doesn't hit theaters until July 4 here in the U.S.A. Grrrr... :firemad: Oh well, at least I know it's going to be, at a minimum, decent. :)

How did you get so lucky Lynk?!

8pm on the 2nd, actually with the first full day of the release being the 3rd. I've already got my tickets!

Reaction seems to be extremely positive so I'm really expecting something awesome, at this point.

Archived