Home

Doctor Who!

Gabez

If it is Omega, I hope they don't do a third "Omega trying to get out of the antimatter universe" storyline. If they start with him already having gotten out, it could be more interesting. The Doctor would have to kill one of his own to stop the universe from falling apart.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm confused - I thought Davros was definitely coming back. I thought I'd seen pictures of his new look and everything! Perhaps I dreamt it?

Perhaps s-island means that the fearsome plastic-bag monster from Genesis is coming back to wrap itself around the Doctor's face again (with some assistance from the Doctor himself)? It would certainly shake things up a little bit.

I didn't watch tonight's episode because whats-her-face annoys me.

I know, and I cry myself to sleep every night at the thought of it.

The new series of Doctor Who is lacking something, for the most part, so I don't think I'll bother to continue watching it. Let's call it idealism, the idea that children would sit down week after week and watch the same old character run around the same old quarry for four weeks, and that this was exciting. I know kids nowadays have more stimulating things in their lives, like their hundreds of cartoon channels and stabbing people on buses, but do they really have to cram every Doctor Who story into 45 minutes? That's barely long enough to wait around for the average train, never mind develop a complex story about time and space and fate, and ****.

And Russell T Davies fills at least five of those minutes every week with some love affair ball-bags between the Doctor and, no doubt starting this week, "whats-her-face".

Bah, all in all. I'll stick to my Sylvester McCoy ;

Oh, I hope RTD leaves this season and someone with a different vision takes over. Like, someone who commissions a new theme tune, fires Murray "plastic orchestra" Gold, and lets proper sci-fi writers write the scripts. Hell, Christopher "entropy and recursive algorithms are fun" Bidmead wrote more interesting scripts...

Bah, now we've probably scared away everyone who likes RTD's scripts. Sorry :S

Oh, well, I love whats-her-face and RTD and especially Murray "makes me wet myself" Gold.

And last nights episode hadn a "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" moment in it.

Seriously, though, I think Tate is 100% less annoying than she might have been before, so give her another chance.

Also, I noticed that they're showing classic Whon on BBC Four now! It's definitely a different kind of pleasure.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I tried to keep it simple.

Did anyone think that cliffhanger in today's Sontaran episode was... slightly atrocious? Badly paced or set up, the really terrifying threat of smoking cars, and even if they turn out to be "weapons" I imagine

. I mean, why did no one think to break the bloody window?

They can't break the window because the whole car is deadlocked -- remember the first episode when they couldn't smash the glass because the whole building was deadlocked?

It wasn't atrocious, it was brilliant. Great episode!

Yes, an excellent episode!

The only thing I disliked was that Martha left at the end. I was really hoping the Tardis would go wrong, classic series-style, and just keep bumping them to random times and places for a few episodes! Shame.

I think Daleks In Manhattan was very old-skool too.

Archived