Home

Attitude towards sabers..?

Junn

Hi!

So, I'm back from over a year long break. I wanted to run through SP once before hitting online gaming, and I decided to try go with dual sabers since I never did anyway. Now, I'm kinda starting to like it, but I have a few questions:

Back then, I was quite hardcore. I won over 70% of all duels, was a council member of a semi-pro clan, modelled my own saber, etc... I was wielding a single saber (usually using strong style), since I always thought that playing with staff and dual took no skill at all, just slamming buttons randomly and hoping for the best outcome. Now, my question is... Is that also how you guys see it? Do you think "zomg, what a noob" when u see a guy running around with dual sabers?

Does any of you hardcore, clan-active, leet ninja's wield duals?

/discuss

See ya around :)

I've always been a single sab-fan. And I'm sticking to it.

Notice this:

Grievous: Had four sabers, was killed by Obi-Wan, He had ONE saber.

Darth Maul: Had staff, was killed by Obi-Wan, he had ONE saber.

So basically I will always use single sabers.

Well if you're really into saber dueling and you are actually starting over, I would suggest you go ahead and look at the hosted forums here on LucasForums and check out the Open Jedi Project. Not only does it have a hell of a saber system with power attacking, riposting, parrying, dodging and what not, it also has an extensively built experience and skill system that will allow you to fully customize your character as you earn more points!

Anything is equally deadly saber-wise.

I just prefer single sabers over staffs because of the looks, animations, etc. Also, there are many more hilts for them and most of the characters in star wars use them as well.

I wouldn't say it's "noobish" to use dual sabers/staff, provided you can actually control your swings instead of flailing about wildly with no clear plan of action. I've been happily defeated by some of the best staffers and dualies available, and you can clearly tell the difference between someone who is competent behind the weapon, and someone who focuses on using pre-set special attacks to do the dirty work for them, and hoping for that lucky random swing to bypass defenses in between.

• 2 weeks later...
Grievous: Had four sabers, was killed by Obi-Wan, He had ONE saber.

Darth Maul: Had staff, was killed by Obi-Wan, he had ONE saber.

Anakin Skywalker: Had 2 sabers, lost his arm to Count Dooku, He had ONE saber.

I never thought about it that way. I guess gimmicks never win.

I actually prefer to use 2 sabers (and I'm better at 2 sabers and win more duels that way), but a lot of times I switch to 1 saber simply because everyone else has 1 saber and I don't want things to be unfair.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived