Home

Who expects a KotOR announcement at E3 2007?

Char Ell

Do you expect a KotOR announcement at E3 2007?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect a KotOR announcement at E3 2007?

• Yes! KotOR fans will at long last hear the long awaited news
    • Nope. We'll just have to keep waiting and hoping.
    • Meh. I really don't care if there is a KotOR announcement.

I couldn't resist the urge to poll. :D For those of you that keep up with current events in the gaming world, you know that the revamped E3 Media and Business Summit 2007 is next week in Santa Monica, California, U.S.A.

For those of you that don't keep up with current events, the E3 Media and Business Summit, formerly known as the Electronic Entertainment Expo, will be held July 11 – 13, 2007, or just over 8 days from today, at several hotels and Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California, U.S.A.

LucasArts will be in attendance and so at this time the obligatory poll must be posted in advance of this greatly anticipated convocation. Do you think LucasArts will make any KotOR announcements at the premier video/computer game industry event? It doesn't have to necessarily be KotOR 3 but could be any KotOR-related game announcement.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to go for the pessimistic approach and assume it won't be announced at all. If it is I'll be delightfully surprised, and if it isn't I won't be disappointed like the rest of you. Low expectations is the key to a satisfying life! :p

I keep telling my brother that about his movie going, too. Many films seem to suck, especially when you expect too much from them. In that sense, ED, you are correct, sir! (shades of Ed McMahn--sp?). I wouldn't give a second thought to any of this. Afterall, too much anticipation leads to a little/lot of depression when expectations fall through. The game will come when it's ready, so try to think about something else till then.

I keep telling my brother that about his movie going, too. Many films seem to suck, especially when you expect too much from them. In that sense, ED, you are correct, sir! (shades of Ed McMahn--sp?). I wouldn't give a second thought to any of this. Afterall, too much anticipation leads to a little/lot of depression when expectations fall through. The game will come when it's ready, so try to think about something else till then.

Pretty much my exact thoughts.

would be ace if they did announce it.

would be the suprise game of e3.

and would get attention for xbox 360.

would be good if i was announced, and secretly in development for years,

*sigh*

i can dream right?

I personally gave up hope after Celebration IV. I have the feeling (but no evidence) that the game is not even in any sort of pre-production at this point. As much as I would like some resolution to the KotOR story, I don't think we will see it any time soon. If there is an announcement at E3, great. However, I highly doubt that will happen.

It's funny really. I would be happy with a simple "Yes, K3 is in the works. We have no further information", or even a "No, we have decided to abandon the KotOR series." I can't stand the secretive nature of it all.

there was a remark about kotor III in E.G.M, in the rumors section not to long ago where it said that (BIoware is forming a new team to make a Kotor MMO style game)May 07 issue. so no, it will not be Anounced this year, especially with force unleashed with no release date yet.

there was a remark about kotor III in E.G.M, in the rumors section not to long ago where it said that (BIoware is forming a new team to make a Kotor MMO style game)May 07 issue. so no, it will not be Anounced this year, especially with force unleashed with no release date yet.

Thats old news and and that has been denied by Bioware anyway, not to mention who said K3 would be made by bioware? Even if they were making a KotOR MMO that doesn't mean Obsidian aren't making K3 now does it. ;)

Let's see here. So far the pessimists outvoted the optimists by almost a 2:1 margin, 31-16.

I probably should have set the poll to close on Sunday July 8 since my guess is LucasArts will make their E3 announcements between Monday and Thursday but most likely Tuesday or Wednesday. So now we wait. :D

Well, It'll have to a new group. if we want it done any time soon, Bioware has a huge amount on their plate. Dragon Age, Mass Effect, the new Sonic RPG that's coming, their untitled MMO, and their untitled Next Generation game. Obsidian also has several things on their plate. The NWN 2 expansion, the Aliens RPG, and the untitled RPG they're making with Sega...it's unlikely we'll see KotoR III for a long time, and if we do see it soon, it won't be by Obsidian or Bioware, most likely.

I can't help but think that LucasArts has made all the E3 announcements that they're going to make. If they had anything significant to announce then they would have announced it already. Instead we're at the final day of E3 and LucasArts hasn't announced any games that they didn't announce before E3.

Archived