Home

Who expects a KotOR announcement at E3 2007?

Char Ell

Do you expect a KotOR announcement at E3 2007?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you expect a KotOR announcement at E3 2007?

• Yes! KotOR fans will at long last hear the long awaited news
    • Nope. We'll just have to keep waiting and hoping.
    • Meh. I really don't care if there is a KotOR announcement.

I can't help but think that LucasArts has made all the E3 announcements that they're going to make. If they had anything significant to announce then they would have announced it already. Instead we're at the final day of E3 and LucasArts hasn't announced any games that they didn't announce before E3.

We will find out tonight.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually I heard Lucasarts was going to announce the completion of the TSL Restoration Project at E3.

:lol: I love how you get the newbies hopes up.

If LA wouldn't allow Obsidian Entertainment to do a content patch. They sure aren't going to endorse a mod.

Yeah, things are looking slim.

Maybe we should make a KotOR 3 mod, comprised of the best ideas for KotOR 3 by fans.

Agreed.......

I was also hoping for the best with this year E3, regarding Kotor3, instead LA went for The force Unleashed, now they got my wrath unleashed, wrath towards LA, and patience, well that is a tricky deal for the moment.....

WTF LA

Edit: was there a single word about KOTOR 3 from LA at E3?

was there a single word about KOTOR 3 from LA at E3?

Nope nothing, when I saw there was going to be no announcement I punched my fist into the wall, it hurt but it relieved tension from my mind, grrrr, lol

Ohhh and did anyone hear what they said about LEGO Star Wars continuing, that sounds interesting, what could they do next, LEGO KotOR, that would be good, then perhaps LEGO Star Wars EU, then put them all together, massive game hehehehehe.

Well, there's always next year...

Force Unleashed doesn't appeal to me at all now, not after the video. The apprentice is flippin' powerful, more powerful than any character I've seen in a Star Wars game. Unless the gameplay is really good, I'm not going to like it.

Well, there's always next year...

Lucasarts are probably too busy with their console games (Force Unleashed and Fracture) to bother with PC gaming at the moment. We can only hope they haven't abandoned the platform entirely, even if it doesn't look good at the moment. :disaprove

Force Unleashed doesn't appeal to me at all now, not after the video. The apprentice is flippin' powerful, more powerful than any character I've seen in a Star Wars game. Unless the gameplay is really good, I'm not going to like it.

It looks like a good contrast to the "Why are you shooting at me while I, with my jedi premonition that allows me to see things before they happen, just stand here looking stupid?" Jedi council members in the Episode III movie, who were portrayed more as pitiful than powerful. :)

Gotta be the handcuffs. It's the only logical reason he can grow so powerful.

Actually I heard Lucasarts was going to announce the completion of the TSL Restoration Project at E3.
:sing9: *** sings theme song from How the Grinch Stole Christmas *** :D

was there a single word about KOTOR 3 from LA at E3?
I, like Master Zionosis, didn't read about anything KotOR related from E3 2007.

Lucasarts are probably too busy with their console games (Force Unleashed and Fracture) to bother with PC gaming at the moment. We can only hope they haven't abandoned the platform entirely, even if it doesn't look good at the moment. :disprove
LucasArts is publishing Frontier Developments' Thrillville: Off the Rails for PC. :indif:

*** only sound of crickets chirping is heard ***

2007 does look like the first year since 1992 that LucasArts will not release a Star Wars game for PC though. :(

LucasArts really didn't have any surprise announcements at E3 2007. Sure they debuted a new trailer for The Force Unleashed and revealed new stuff about their games that are coming out at the end of 2007 but I consider those as expected. What actually surprised me is that LA didn't talk about the new Indiana Jones game that is supposedly going to be released in 2008. Of course I'm still disappointed that we still hear nothing on the KotOR front though with LucasArts' current disposition towards developing for PC that may be a blessing in disguise. :giveup:

I'm blaming Obisidan here. Obisidan is the one to blame. Not for the ending, I am the lone person who like it. But for the "True Sith" storyline.

Why, oh why, did they have to let Kreia say the True Sith are responsible? Why do they tease? Thanks to this teasing, people want to wait for K3, but don't they know the cliffhanger ending is what H2 used, and that what caused people to scream?

Why can't they just have it end how it did, without mentioning the True Sith, and just showing the new Sith/Jedi Acadmcy? Then we wouldn't even need specualtion on when KOTOR3 would come out, because, quite frankly enough, just like K1 didn't need K2, K2 doesn't need K3.

Quote:"just like K1 didn't need K2, K2 doesn't need K3."

UMMMMM yes, it does. kotor3 is lucasarts way to redeem itself('cause I wasn't to impressed with kotor 2 , i mean it had some good parts but the game as a whole... i think i could'a bought somthing better).

To each his own. I was talking storywise, not about gameplay or such. And sequels usually do preform worse than the original. Either they deviate from the formula, or they stay exactly the same, and people will complain regardless. If you really don't want another possible flop like how some people preceive K2, then there should be a bigger campagin for no K3.

kotor3 is lucasarts way to redeem itself

NO.

A new Jedi Knight, a more console-diverse (read PC+Wii) Force Unleashed, a classic-style space shooter, and more quality adventure games is what lucasarts needs to redeem itself.

Seriously, it's a stellar publisher gone down the drain.

in force unleashed the dude just desemates EVERTHING. i want a game where theres somthing of a challenge. like whats the point? its like fun with like the first two seconds but then...... it just gets boring. u just get constantly hammered with stormtroopers who u can kill 5 of with 1 swing of the light saber. id prefer k3. lucasarts should be ending series not making crapy new ones.

in force unleashed the dude just desemates EVERTHING. i want a game where theres somthing of a challenge.

That's hard to know before you have played the game. A trailer showing 2 second snippets from the game (many which are likely from cutscenes) pieced together out of sequence is hardly going to give a realistic view of how the game will turn out when you play it. Trailers usually go for maximum "wow!" factor with lots of flashy effects and interesting things crammed into a short clip. Showing the player repeatedly getting overpowered and killed wouldn't be very effective marketing for most prospective players. :)

Sort of like viewing a trailer for the Star Wars movie where the Death Star blows up Alderaan and say the movie won't be any fun since they just go around blowing up planets and slaughtering rebels en masse all the time. :p

Archived